How many printings of CompPsi and CompHum were there?

Published 1989.
The Book-House: Find 2nd Edition products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

thorr-kan
Ogre

How many printings of CompPsi and CompHum were there?

Post by thorr-kan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:17 pm

Does anybody know how many printings of CompPsi and CompHum there were? Wikipedia and drivethrurpg don't help, and dragonsfoot and purpleworm are currently blocked by my ISP.

For that matter, is there any errata?

AuldDragon
White Dragon

Re: How many printings of CompPsi and CompHum were there?

Post by AuldDragon » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:30 pm

6th printing of the Complete Book of Humanoids was in March 1999; they changed the logo and the "Humanoids" font, and they reorganized the title page. Interestingly, the 5th printing was listed in the 6th as well, on another page (and is listed as being July 1995). Other than the printing colors, the only thing I see that was definitely changed was the silhouette page, which is now labelled in the 6th printing (the creature is listed beneath each silhouette). I don't know if there was any errata included, but Sage Advice in Dragon 239 recommended a series of changes to the weapon chart (so all the giant-kin weapons aren't size-G, for example); this isn't strictly errata, but should probably be considered as such.

I don't know how many printings there were of the Complete Psionics Handbook, but this errata is for the first printing as was included with the PDF version WotC sold 10 years ago:

First Printing Errata for #2117

circa Fall 1991

Telepathic defense modes have no prerequisites: intellect fortress, mental barrier, mind blank, thought shield, tower of iron will

Ego Whip has contact as a prerequisite

p. 75 The heading for the "Fate Link" power is missing

Mindlink
1 Mindlink is not a prerequisite for the following telepathic devotions: empathy, ESP, identity penetration, incarnation awareness, psychic impersonation, send thoughts.

2 Mindlink has never been a prerequisite for: ejection, conceal thoughts, contact, life detection, mind bar, psionic blast, and psychic messenger

3 Mindlink is a prerequisite for all other telepathic powers.

4 All references to the "telepathy" power should be to the "mindlink" power.

Mind thrust has contact as a prerequisite.

Psionic blast is a science.

Psychic crush is a devotion.

Psychokinesis: The following PK devotions do not require telekinesis as a prerequisite: animate shadow, control light, control sound, molecular agitation, soften, telekinesis.

Brain Mole: References to the "amplification" power should be changed to "psychic drain." Also note that "mind thrust" is a telepathic, not metapsionic power.

Intellect Devourer (adult): References to the "amplification" power should be changed to "psychic drain." Also note that "ectoplasmic form" is a devotion, not a science.
Let's Play Old Games with AuldDragon (Youtube) | My 2nd Edition Blog
Monster Mythology Update Project | Spelljammer Livestream Campaign
"That sums it up in a nutshell, AuldDragon. You make a more convincing argument. But he's right and you're not."

thorr-kan
Ogre

Re: How many printings of CompPsi and CompHum were there?

Post by thorr-kan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:45 pm

Thanks!

Return to “AD&D 2nd Edition”