Monster Mythology Update Project

Published 1989.
The Book-House: Find 2nd Edition products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

AuldDragon
White Dragon

Re: Monster Mythology Update Project

Post by AuldDragon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:07 am

Seethyr wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:57 am
This is a long thread so I apologize if it has been mentioned already, but I recently came across old White Dwarf Magazines I had from when I was really young and one of the issues (#39) had a whole bunch of new monster deities whose lore seemed to fit quite well in existed canonical early AD&D. Have you seen these, heard of them, or have any interest in updating them? There’s an aarakocra god, bullywug, dire corby, and more.
I am aware, yes. :) I don't recall there being a whole lot of information on those, and the names were pretty incomprehensible, so I haven't paid much attention to them.
Cromstar wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:27 pm
Another great addition, AuldDragon. At first, I was kind of worried this one wouldn't be something I could just use as-is (because of some of the changes I've made with outer planar beings), but my fears proved to be pointless.

On an unrelated note, I did have a couple quick comments/questions on some of your really (really, really, really) old blog posts and wondered if you had a preferred medium for talking about them?
Glad you can use it! :)

You can leave comments on the old posts on the blog, or if you want to see what other's thoughts are, you can link in a comment in this thread and ask.

Jeff
Let's Play Old Games with AuldDragon (Youtube) | My 2nd Edition Blog
Monster Mythology Update Project | Spelljammer Livestream Campaign
"That sums it up in a nutshell, AuldDragon. You make a more convincing argument. But he's right and you're not."

Cromstar
Gnoll

Post by Cromstar » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:00 am

AuldDragon wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:07 am
You can leave comments on the old posts on the blog, or if you want to see what other's thoughts are, you can link in a comment in this thread and ask.

Jeff
Oh good. I wasn't sure if you got some kind of notification about comments on older posts, hence my concern.

AuldDragon
White Dragon

Eshebala the Vixen Queen

Post by AuldDragon » Wed May 01, 2019 7:12 am

As Queen of the Foxwomen, Eshebala the Vixen Queen embodies the same vain and shallow obsession with beauty and material wealth found in that lycanthropic race. She has a decidedly cruel streak as well, and seeks to destroy things and creatures she has n further use for, or that which she cannot acquire.

Jeff
"That sums it up in a nutshell, AuldDragon. You make a more convincing argument. But he's right and you're not."

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X » Mon May 06, 2019 3:15 pm

I've read the kobold gods entries. I had forgotten that kobolds were originally goblinoids. I like their dragon incarnation better, though.

Anyways, I'm pretty parcial with Kurtulmank. In my camping, the evil one was always Garl Glittergold. I cannot trust that guy, seriously.
AuldDragon wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:27 am
Zeromaru X wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:32 am
Hi, AuldDragon. I have a question. Since you did create entries for minor draconic gods such as Elemtia and Arcanic, are you going to create entries for they new draconic gods introduced in 4e?
Probably not. I've found that a lot of the later deities serve as replacements for existing pantheons, not compliments; it's the same reason I'm not planning to work on the demihuman deities published in the various 3e "Races Of" books.

Plus, I wasn't aware of any new 4e Draconic deities. :)

Jeff
Never noticed this answer before. They were not really gods, just exarchs (demigods in the service of other gods). For instance, Bahamut has two dragon demigods servants aside his gold dragons retinue, plus a dragonborn demigod as well.

They were introduced in Draconomicon 2: Metallic Dragons as dragon demigods for dragons to revere, part of the unique draconic religion within the Dawn War pantheon. They are not replacements, as most of the classical dragon gods (such as Chronepsis and Aasterinian, for instance) were introduced in the Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons sourcebook as part of this draconic religion.

I can provide the lore of these gods, if you like. Is just a paragraph for each, though.

AuldDragon
White Dragon

Post by AuldDragon » Mon May 06, 2019 5:29 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:15 pm
I've read the kobold gods entries. I had forgotten that kobolds were originally goblinoids. I like their dragon incarnation better, though.

Anyways, I'm pretty parcial with Kurtulmank. In my camping, the evil one was always Garl Glittergold. I cannot trust that guy, seriously.
I'm a fan of Gaknulak, myself, and I tried to turn him into a kobold counterpart to Nebelun. :)
Zeromaru X wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:15 pm
Never noticed this answer before. They were not really gods, just exarchs (demigods in the service of other gods). For instance, Bahamut has two dragon demigods servants aside his gold dragons retinue, plus a dragonborn demigod as well.

They were introduced in Draconomicon 2: Metallic Dragons as dragon demigods for dragons to revere, part of the unique draconic religion within the Dawn War pantheon. They are not replacements, as most of the classical dragon gods (such as Chronepsis and Aasterinian, for instance) were introduced in the Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons sourcebook as part of this draconic religion.

I can provide the lore of these gods, if you like. Is just a paragraph for each, though.
I'm happy to get more information, especially portfolios (a link to something describing them is fine if that is available), but I'm not inclined to include them by default. I haven't been adding many post-2e deities, and with Monster Mythology, Draconomicon, and the extras of Sardior, Rais, Elemtia, and Arcanic, it makes for a pretty full pantheon.

Jeff

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X » Mon May 06, 2019 9:05 pm

I have a small description about them here:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=15117

Just search for the Drc2 keyword, so you can find them right away, if you don't want to read the whole topic.

AuldDragon
White Dragon

Post by AuldDragon » Tue May 07, 2019 3:28 am

I don't see that they would really add that much; magic is already covered pretty well by Kereska, Elemtia, and Arcanic, and there really isn't "planar magic" per se in 2e. There aren't dragonborn, either, so that one doesn't fill a missing slot, and the third one you have listed as "Bahamut's Champion" so I would have him as just a non-divine proxy if I were to include him.

Thanks for the info though!

Jeff

AuldDragon
White Dragon

Brilros the Battle Stallion

Post by AuldDragon » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:15 am

Another member of the centaur pantheon, Brilros the Battle Stallion is the child of Fanthros and Naharra, and sibling to Linroth. He represents war, battle, and strength, and like his sister, is a youthful and vigorous power. He leads centaurs in the defense of their lands, and teaches their warriors strategy and tactics.

Jeff

AuldDragon
White Dragon

Damh the Horned Beast

Post by AuldDragon » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:33 am

Child of Titania and Oberon, Damh the Horned Beast (pronounced DAV) is the revelrous patron of satyrs and korred. Despite his love for wine, women, and song, he is the physically strongest member of the Seelie Court, and the first to come to defense of sylvan lands.

Jeff

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Post by Boneguard » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Moving ot the Seelie and Unseelie court warms my heart. Many great God/desses to play with and getting closer to the Demihumans one :)
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

AuldDragon
White Dragon

Post by AuldDragon » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:05 pm

Boneguard wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:44 pm
Moving ot the Seelie and Unseelie court warms my heart. Many great God/desses to play with and getting closer to the Demihumans one :)
It's only taken me eight years! ;)

Jeff

AuldDragon
White Dragon

Daragor the Wolflord

Post by AuldDragon » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:47 pm

The bloodthirsty and rapacious patron of werewolves and seawolves, Daragor the Wolflord is a wanderer who delights in nothing but sating his bloodlust. While he wanders the Lower Planes butchering the fiends and travelers he finds there, he sends his avatars to do the same on the Prime Material Plane.

Jeff

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Post by Boneguard » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:18 pm

This brightens my day.

Thanks
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

AuldDragon
White Dragon

Naharra the Mother-Mare

Post by AuldDragon » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:44 pm

Naharra the Mother-Mare is the final member of the small centaur pantheon mentioned in Dragon Magazine #105, and rounds out the family group that serves Skerrit. She is the centaur deity of lover, motherhood, and fertility, and as a deity of family, represents the ancestor spirits that many centaur shamans contact for advice.

Jeff

Return to “AD&D 2nd Edition”