Creative contest: faraway place on Mystara (POLL OPEN)

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Havard, Gawain_VIII, Cthulhudrew, Seer of Yhog

Which of the following fan-made faraway locations do you like most?

Dalung-quo the Empire of the Great Dragon
14%
Castle of the Inoqs
10%
Garden of Last Light
14%
Tabernacle of Gildesh
22%
Imlec, the Centre of the World
10%
Tower of Adacius
14%
Strait of Oceania Coral Reef
16%

Total votes: 50

LoZompatore
Hill Giant

Creative contest: faraway place on Mystara (POLL OPEN)

Post by LoZompatore » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:12 pm

NOTE: Submission of new entries is now closed, but you may vote your favorite 4 locations among those on the list above. ;)

Just for the fun of it, what about a mini contest about new fan-made descriptions of faraway places on Mystara? :D

The idea is to write down your own original description for a place (land, kingdom, city, etc.) located in regions not described by official supplements, and then let the Mystaran community vote the most popular one.

Would you like to partecipate?

Here are the rules:

1) Write down an ORIGINAL (i.e not published anywere on the web so far) short description (say, 500 words max; shorter than this post, anyway) for a location in a faraway place on Mystara and attach it as a new post on this topic. As told above, a "location" could be a city, a kingdom, an empire, a village, or anything else you like. You may choose any place OUTSIDE the red area shown in the map below (click here to download a bigger picture - file size about 2 Mb). (**)

Underground locations are allowed down to the Worldshield (halfway the crust of Mystara). Hollow World locations are outside the aim of this contest, with the exception of the areas around the north pole and the south pole of the map above, which technically are inside the Hollow World borders.
Flying locations are allowed up until the Skyshield of Mystara (20'000 feet of altitude).

2) Feel free to stick (or not to stick) to official or (any set of) non-official info already available for your chosen area. You may create your own alternative set of info as well, or you may be consistent with your own fan-made material published so far. You may describe a place as small as a shrine or as big as a continent, no limits on this. You may add new landmasses, lakes, mountains, flying islands and other features, as you like. Just remember your final product will be evaluated by the Mystaran community and so altering too much what is usually known about Mystara might backfire (or it could become a great hit, who knows ;) ).

3) Please do not attach maps, pictures or other drawings to your description. This is just to be fair with other competitors who might lack drawing or mapmaking skills.

4) Give a name to your creation. Locate it (or its center, for vast areas) by using the Latitude - Longitude grid shown in the map above (i.e. "the town of TEST is located around 40S, 125E"). For a vast area give a rough idea of its extension in terms of the approx. number of squares its covers on the map above.

5) You may partecipate with a maximum of TWO descriptions. Think about the second one as a "morale backup" for yourself just in case your main creation sould fail to attract as many votes as you expect.

6) Submissions' deadline is 23:59 (UTC) on May, 16th, 2013. You may edit your submission any number of times you like up until the deadline (try to stay around the 500 words limit, anyway). Voting will start immediately after the deadline. There will not be any deadline to the poll, to allow future passers-by to give their opinion, too. You will be able to vote up to FOUR descriptions (including yours). Please avoid publishing your opinions on the works of other competitors until the contest's deadline ends, in order not to condition other voters' opinion.

Q: Nice, but what will I win?

A: As I told above, this is just for the fun of it.
Well, in truth it might happen that, if your description is among the most voted ones, you might likely start improving it. You might send a more detailed description on the Vaults and open discussion threads here and there on the web. Other people would add their own contributions to your idea, and you might recruit a few helpers for maps and artworks. In a short time a sort of mini-gazetteer could be developed and stored somewhere on the web. Other people would start their own discussion threads talking about this intriguing location and increasing its ranking on the web browsers. Inevitably your work will sooner or later be spotted by some WOTC executive while surfing the web on an idle friday afternoon. "How could have we missed this guy so far?" he will shout, and you'll become the edge game designer of the next decade.

Your bad if you missed the contest's deadline. :mrgreen:

Enjoy and good luck! ;)

(**) = if you like to have a clear version of this map (without the red areas) for your own use feel free to download it from here
Last edited by LoZompatore on Fri May 17, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Morfie
Metamorph

Re: Creative contest: submit your own faraway place on Mysta

Post by Morfie » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:33 am

Your map is brilliant, what software did you use to make it?

One question though, where does the left part of Davania below the equator come from? It is not in your other map from here.
LoZompatore wrote:

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 am

Very interesting idea :-), here's my first submission:

Name: Dalung-quo, the Empire of the Great Dragon

Location: Continent of Skothar, the capital city of Chadlung (the dragon's nest) is located 100E 50N, the Empire spans the entire area of north eastern Skothar, at least from 65E to 145E, north of Minaea and Tangor, and is advancing toward Jennite lands and Esterhold, i.e. the "Empire of the Great Khan" in Mentzer's map.

PC Description: Once the Great Golden Khan ruled Haca, the sea of grass, since the fall of the cursed white men. He ruled over the men of the north and the men of the east, he ruled over the west, he ruled over the tiger men and the wood people. He ruled and conquered and a thousand kings bowed before him, and his empire lasted forty lives.
Then the beast men came from the north, an endless, furious river of them that drowned Haca in blood. The warriors of the Great Khan and his people were killed, were chained in slavery, were scattered to the four winds. This was a time of many wars, for too many seasons that a man could count, until the Great Silver Khan rose. He conquered a thousand kings of the beast men and the hairless men, of the tiger men and the wood people, and all bowed before him. His empire lasted fifty lives. Then a hundred enemies rose against him, the mountain men and the horse men, the black men and the rock men, the green men and the beast men, and lastly came the dragons who devoured him.
There was a time of misery and strife for more seasons that a man could count, until the Immortal Dragon came. He seated on the throne of the Khans and two thousand kings bowed before him, from the mountains in the north to the woods in the south, from the endless sea of water to the endless sea of grass. The Dragon conquered and ruled and led all the people, united, toward the west. And three thousand more kings will bow before him.

DM Description: The Empire of the Great Dragon is the successor of the Empire of the Great Khan shown in the Master map. The Great Dragon is an immensely powerful and extremely ancient Dragon who in remote ages fought against the Immortals and lost. He slumbered for countless millennia until he was accidentally awakened by some adventurers a hundred years ago. He formed an army that comprises humans, humanoids, giants, elves, dwarves, rakastas, fairy folks, gatormen, frogfolks, elementals, dragons and any race living in Skothar. He strongly believe in full racial integration, under his rule. His goal is nothing less than conquering the whole world, then destroying the Immortals. He is probably the most intelligent and cunning being on Mystara, has enormous magical power and a huge collection of magical artifacts. He is also very good in forging alliances. He recently obtained the support of the misterious wizard Gargantua, who also has a grudge with the Immortals. He could succeed.

Chimpman
Hadozee

Post by Chimpman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:33 pm

I've got a site in mind already Zomp, give me a few days and I'll get it posted. I did want some clarification of the rules regarding updating. Since these boards allow posts to be updated by the original author indefinitely, can submissions be altered after they are posted, or is that a no-no?
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.

Culture20
Bugbear

Post by Culture20 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:21 pm

I take it only the exterior of Mystara is open for this contest, not the Hollow World or beneath the surface?

Robin
Storm Giant

Post by Robin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:31 pm

I Try to post my Isle of Last Light. Although I have the map already. I use only descriptions.
It will take a while to create it in text and detail though.
Its at 15W 75N.(about) difficult to check. :?
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/

LoZompatore
Hill Giant

Post by LoZompatore » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Thanks for the appreciation guys!

You actually pointed out a few weak points in the rules. Let's fix them :mrgreen:
Since these boards allow posts to be updated by the original author indefinitely, can submissions be altered after they are posted, or is that a no-no?
You can modify your submission any number of times until the deadline. Just make sure the size of your submission does not grow too much with subsequent add-ons. I'd stay around the 500 words limit, so if you like to add new details ypu should try to summarize other parts of your submission.
I take it only the exterior of Mystara is open for this contest, not the Hollow World or beneath the surface?
Tricky question. Subterranean locations are definitely in the spirit of the contest so, yes, they are valid submissions. About the Hollow World: in my map above I included the northernmost and southernmost regions of Mystara, which technically are arctic regions inside the Hollow World boundaries. Just to keep things simple I'd not include proper Hollow World locations in this contest.
Let's define the boundaries of the contest to the Worldshield (halfway the Mystaran crust) for underground locations and to the "north pole" and "south pole" locations of the map above with respect to the Hollow World.

Patera and Matera are outside the scope of the contest, too. ;)

I edited the rules in the first post to include these specifications ;)

To Morfie:
Your map is brilliant, what software did you use to make it?
No surprise you liked the picture, as it is just an edited version of the excellent Thorf's replica of Mentzer's map!. :mrgreen:
I made a few modifications to match info from HW global map of Mystara (especially the right distance between Zyxl and the Western Brun) and then I added my guesses about latitude and longitude (without polar openings, to keep things simple).
For the editing I used GIMP and MS Paint, nothing more.
One question though, where does the left part of Davania below the equator come from? It is not in your other map from here.
It comes from a mistake made by the original cartographer of PWA II: on the large color map included with the supplement the whole western half of Davania must be stretched in the North - South direction with respect to the eastern half, in order to properly match with Mentzer's and HW maps in terms of coastlines, mountains (the Addakian range) and the equator. I'll post a separate thread with details, as it's another topic.

LoZompatore
Hill Giant

Post by LoZompatore » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:43 pm

So far Sturm, being the only participant, is the winner of this contest. Anyone else would like to challenge him? :mrgreen:
Come on, you still have 20 days to go! ;)

Just to provide at least another competitor, here is my own contribution.

Name: The castle of the Inoqs

Description: This is a large cloud giants' castle built by the ancient Inoq family, floating above the Chela Massif, not far from Nentsun central coast. Inoq VII, the current ruler, is an old patriarch of an extended family of more than 90 giants. This family includes also a few frost and mountain giants employed as smiths, mercenaries and servants and some cloud giants from other important clans who act as ambassadors or brokers at Inuq VI's court.
This blooming settlement is the largest of the region and is an important trade hub for many other wandering cloud giants' castles, which more then often approach the Inoqs and exchange food and raw materials for refined goods to be traded with many other giants' communities across Mystara. The Inoqs are very accomplished weavers, blacksmiths, jewelers and crafters of magic items. An appreciated variety of giant barley (and the related beer) was introduced and cultivated on the cloud top a few centuries ago. Beautiful gardens and greenhouses are lovely maintained around the castle: exotic flowers and plants are collected to prepare exquisite scents very appreciated among cloud giants.

This family traces back its origin to Inoq I, the founder of the clan, who fortunately lived through the meeting between its ancestral home and the yellow, red and black clouds of the Great Rain of Fire. Inoq had some basics in magic, and this skill proved essential for survival in the hard times following the cataclysm. Soon a group of stranded giants gathered around Inoq who naturally became the leader of a new clan. Since then every leader of the Inoqs was selected among the most talented in both magic and trade skills. At first the Inoqs' residence was a crude castle named Aligak built on the top on Chela Massif's highest mountain, then it was moved on a suitable building on a large, stabilized bank of clouds when weather patterns stabilized and clan's magic skills improved. Aligak's ruins are still seldom visited by Inoq giants during special celebrations.

Since shortly after the Great Rain of Fire the Inoqs explored the numerous Thonian ruins of the highlands searching for food, metals and valuable items, and they never dropped this habit: flying scouting parties still roam the countryside collecting "abandoned" items with magic whirlwinds controlled by the giants. Even if most of the findings were melted or turned into more useful tools, a large collection of Thonian and Nentsun jewelry and magic items is stored in the most well-defended vaults of the large castle. A few daring adventurers managed to explore parts of the castle and return back with tales of untold treasures and

;)

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:52 am

Name: “The Garden of Last Light”

At its borders, the fused black-glass plain looks like any of the other glossy scars left on the land by the starfire-strike from a Throne of Stars, a blistered and rippled stretch of land, some fifty miles in diameter, completely devoid of life.

This particular site is unique, in that near it’s center, offset by perhaps a mile, is a perfectly round patch of normal ground, from which sprout thousands of delicate crystal-petaled flowers that glow with an alternating golden and silver light, depending on the time of “day.” (“Day” being an arbitrary term, since the site sits over the Polar curve, and is shrouded in darkness and storms for much of the year.)

While the radiance of the flowers’ golden light is fixed and constant, the silvery light shed by the flowers at “night” dims and brightens in accordance with the phases of Matera.

The air within the confines of the crystalline garden is not touched by the harsh, acrid taste of the rest of the blast site, and the skin-prickling sensation left by the lingering Radiance is also absent.

Rather, the air is crisp, almost sweet, and despite the bitter cold over the arctic curve, the temperature is such that at most a heavy cloak is needed to stay warm.

Winds that gust through the patch of crystal flowers set the plants humming, bringing forth a clear note, as one might hear when running a finger around the rim of a crystal goblet. The phenomenon can also be heard if a steady breath is blown across one of the blooms.

Tales from those who have been to the strange site all agree, welcome though it is amidst the scarred and pitted landscape, staying overlong at the place is ill advised. Sleep is often haunted by terrible dreams, filled with screaming, and fire and bloodshed. One tale told by a group caught in the crystalline garden during a terrible lightning storm, tells that the flowers seemed to attract the storm, blazing with green and blue light in answer to the lightning flashing above. Shapes could be seen, darting and flitting amidst the shining flowers, small, perhaps the height of a child, pale and wild-eyed in the wash of blueish light; gone in a blink, only to reappear in the wake of the next lightning bolt.

Attempts at detecting magic in the place have the same glaring, dizzying results as elsewhere amidst the Radiant wastes. A true seeing spell cast when Matera is full reveals a ghostly chain of small, pale girls, all identically garbed in ankle-length white gowns, linked hand in hand, at the border of the garden, facing outward. Divinations as to the meaning, or purpose of the strange vision go unanswered. An ESP spell will occasionally be rewarded with a chorus of voices singing what sounds like a lullaby in an ancient, long-dead tongue.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

Chimpman
Hadozee

Post by Chimpman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:00 am

Tabernacle of Gildesh

Description: An immense vault, carved from the limestone bedrock deep in the heart of the Izondian desert, the Tabernacle is rumored to be the ancient seat of power for the exalted shedu, Gildesh. Colossal stone columns line the vault, and encircle an ornately carved alter. Though the years have dulled the sculptures, images of great horned bulls framed by unfurled wings can still be distinguished. Ixion’s Golden Guardian lay here for centuries, channeling the power of his immortal patron to protect the faithful from the aftermath of the Great Rain of Fire.

After being released from service in BC 2300, Gildesh left the realm he created and watched over for 700 years. In his absence it fell to infighting and savages from the desert’s fringe, but a small group of faithful guarded his Tabernacle, keeping it safe. With the murder of Gildesh in BC 2000, a small group of enduks fled back to their ancestral home, finding the remnants of the Tabernacle and its guardians. Since that time, this secretive band of Ixion worshipers has grown, rebuilding their faith steadily throughout the millennia.

Once the personal abode of Gildesh, the Tabernacle has been turned into a vast religious complex with shrines and dwellings carved into the sides of the colossal columns encircling the vault. Ilranum the Bound leads the faithful here, ever vigilant against the aggressive desert tribes bent on the destruction of this sanctuary. Though all races are welcomed under Ixion’s light, most saurians (inheritors of ancient carnifex legacy) are viewed with mistrust.

At high noon on the summer solstice, a blinding shaft of light hits the stone alter where Gildesh once lay. Faithful in the thousands flock to this holy site for the chance to glimpse Ixion’s brilliance during the display, and many claim to experience direct communion with their immortal patron during this time. When the ceremony ends the priest gather up a single drop of sunlight from the alter, which they use in the creation of their most prized artifacts. Among those, Sundrenched Vials are often given to heroes and adventurers striving to further Ixion’s cause. The liquid light within a Vial shines as if full daylight, and no darkness can dim it. Imbibing the contents of a Vial grants the user special powers for up to one turn (or until the Vial’s powers are exhausted). Fiery wings form, allowing the user to fly for one turn. The user may also spit out a flaming breath up to three times, however the third breath expels the powers of the Vial fully.
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Sturm
Green Dragon

Post by Sturm » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 am

Here's my second submission:

Name: Imlec, the centre of the world

Location: Continent of Brun, located approx. 80W 58N, the city nowadays rules directly over an area slightly smaller than Karameikos.

PC Description: Here is the greatest city of the world, the centre of gnomish culture, the home of a thousand wonderful inventions, the birthplace of Emperor Dorfin. Here all the races are welcomed in the Way of the Law, lupins and rakastas, humans and gnolls, orcs and giants. Here is the only beacon of hope and civilization in the savage plains of Brun. It's true that the immortal emperor has disappeared long ago, his work uncompleted, but it's also certain that he will return soon, and the armies of the Law will triumph again.

DM Description: The gnomes of the north founded Imlec in times so ancient that are now lost in history. The gnomes have lived here for thousands of years and the area of the city could well be the original birthplace of their race, or a very ancient colony. The ambition of the powerful gnomish clans that rule the city is to resurrect the once glorious empire of Dorfin, uniting Brun in the Way of the Law, defeating again, once and for all, the minions of chaos and the den of evil that it's Hule. They had several setbacks in the last centuries, but now they are again busy building earthshakers and flying machines.. and one day they know Dorfin will return, to lead them again.
(The location is obviously inspired by several previous fan works that can be easily found on the Vault).

LoZompatore
Hill Giant

Post by LoZompatore » Tue May 14, 2013 1:01 pm

This is to remind there are just less than 60 hours left to submit your contribution(s), just in case!

;)

Carillion
Ogre

Post by Carillion » Wed May 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Here's my humble submission!

The Tower of Adacius

Location, Brun - 65W, 57N - The lands affected by the description below form a 20 mile radius centered on Adacius's tower

Adacius was a Thyatian mage, with an impressive knowledge of planar and dimensional lore. But as often is the case, knowledge was not enough to fulfil his desires, which could only be satiated through power.

Adacius chose to live in a distant land to the North West of what was then a remote Thyatian Colony, and to the North of a region where the dead did not sleep. He built an impressive tower by commanding earth elementals to do his bidding, and there, he studied forbidden magics that were outlawed in most lands ruled by men. He mastered a spell which allowed him to summon Malferas from the Dimension of Nightmares and bend them to his will. He summoned and controlled a number of these demons, but it was not enough. His final goal then became to summon and control a Greater Malfera. This would give him true power, and true knowledge, or so he thought.

A Greater Malfera named Idal'ysial was finally summoned, but it resisted Adacius's efforts of mental control, and Adacius was slain in the ensuing battle. Idal'ysial then saw potential in its new surroundings, and kept the gate open between the Dimension of Nightmares and Mystara. Idal'ysial realised that it was possible to expand almost unopposed in the nearby surrounding lands, unlike its home plane, where it fought a battle without end against others of its kind - this had always been the way of things.

In the following years, Idal'ysial turned the surrounding countryside into something more similar to that of its home dimension, and had a number of its minions settle in and around Adacius's tower. These lands now have a crimson sky during the day, and a crimson moon at night. Carnivorous plants twist towards the sky and wait for prey to come within reach, not that much can survive the poisonous atmosphere surrounding the tower, where reddish vapours twist and turn in the air like venomous snakes. Giant bat like creatures fly high in the red sky, while Malfera and other dread creatures walk the ground both day and night, giving no respite to those unfortunate enough to wander into these cursed lands. And in the middle of this unforgiving territory stands a black tower of obsidian and granite, pointing skyward like a dark finger - a permanent testimony to the folly of its deceased architect, Adacius.

But just as knowledge was not enough for Adacius, so it will not be for others. For there are those that will not be content to merely know that there are powerful summoning magics stored away at Adacius's tower, and will be compelled to obtain them. There will also be those who will not be content to merely know that evil walks the land around Adacius's tower, and will be compelled to destroy it, together with the gate that enabled this to occur.

Unbeknownst to Idal'ysial, it will have to struggle without end to maintain its dominion around Adacius's tower. This will always be the way of things.

NPCDave
Stone Giant

Post by NPCDave » Thu May 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Location: A few miles off the southeastern coast of Oceania, and northwest of Everfeed.

A beautiful sprawling coral reef resides just below the water, a hazard for the rare ship passing the Strait of Oceania. As with most coral reefs, it has stood for millennia, and because of the great evil that lies on Oceania it has not been seen by sapient eyes.

But should a sailor or flyer ever take a close look as they pass nearby, on a day when the sun shines bright revealing the color and beauty of this underwater structure, they will see this particular reef tells a story unlike any other.

For someone, or something has carved the calcium carbonate into a series of images, and the one who did it had the sculpting skills of a master. The reef carving stretches for a quarter of a mile, and reveals a set of scenes which describe a tragedy.

The initial scenes, set where one can walk on the reef and only get one’s feet wet, depict an advanced builder society. But as the scenes progress, they show this society threatened by foul winged horrors, and eventually they flee their land on ships. Woven into some of the scenes is a particular individual who can be seen consulting books of lore, both before and after the attacks begin. The last scenes, should they be discerned, make clear that this individual was the last to leave his land after all others were gone.

----

An Oceanian wizard, who was also a passionate sculptor, lived at the time the Night Dragons arrived and invaded the island. His magical research was partially at fault for their arrival, and he was aware of this grievous error. He sought to atone for this first by leading the fight against the dragons, and then by helping the Oceanians to abandon their homeland. He was the last one to depart and this coral reef was as far as he went.

His ship was wrecked against this reef as they fought a diverting action, and he was the sole survivor in the subsequent attack by a force sent after him. He waited for the dragons to strike again, and occupied his time by using magic and hand tools to sculpt the reef to tell the story of his people’s tragedy. The dragons feared him, and so his work continued and continued, day after day he worked the reef to express his sorrow and regret. He decided his fate would not be to try and find the rest of his kind, but instead to inscribe the history and then face his end. Hidden in the final sculpture is a waterproof secret compartment containing his notes and some arcana which are particularly effective against Night Dragons. He then returned to the island one last time, where he was overwhelmed and slain. Polonius, the Immortal triton, blessed the preservation magic so the sculpture would remain, unaffected by erosion. It waits for discovery to this day.

LoZompatore
Hill Giant

Post by LoZompatore » Fri May 17, 2013 12:59 am

Submission is now closed. Voting will start from now on! ;)

agathokles
Red Dragon

Re: Creative contest: faraway place on Mystara (POLL OPEN)

Post by agathokles » Fri May 17, 2013 10:26 am

I'm voting for the following entries (in order of preference, if needed):
Tabernacle of Gildesh
NPCDave's Oceanian location
Dalung-quo, Empire of the Great Dragon
The Garden of Last Light

GP

LoZompatore
Hill Giant

Post by LoZompatore » Fri May 17, 2013 1:52 pm

TO EARLY VOTERS: I made a mistake about the number of votes allowed to each member (2 instead of 4). Now the issue is fixed, so you may add further preferences if you like. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gecko
Storm Giant

Post by Gecko » Fri May 17, 2013 6:17 pm

good change [from 2 to 4 votes]. I had a clear favorite (1st choice) but my second and third favorites were so close it was hard to justify voting for one but not the other.

Carillion
Ogre

Post by Carillion » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:49 pm

Bump.

Hello LoZompatore - might it be an idea to call a deadline to the voting so we can declare a winner?

LoZompatore
Hill Giant

Post by LoZompatore » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:48 pm

For sure we could set a deadline, but I'm not sure it would serve the scope, as - for what I can see - votes are slowly drifting through time.

After the wave of preferences cast during the first days of voting we've got a new vote every week, on average. These new votes shifted the results from a draw among 4-5 settings to a likely winner (the Strait of Oceania Coral Reef of NPCDave). I don't know if it could be better to wait at least some weeks more, to see if these results will change again.

Anyway, if you feel the poll has now reached the maximum number of voters we could set a deadline and declare the winner.

Any thoughts or comments on this? Let me know. ;)

Chimpman
Hadozee

Post by Chimpman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Let it run a bit longer and then close it (I'd say set a deadline for Monday of next week). Then we can all work on beefing up our entries with maps and such :mrgreen: . I'm actually looking forward to fleshing out the Tabernacle a bit more.
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Carillion
Ogre

Post by Carillion » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:01 am

for what I can see - votes are slowly drifting through time.
Slowly being the important word there - we've had one vote cast in the last month, and even that was after I bumped the thread back to the top of the Forum!

I agree with Chimpman's deadline - let a winner finally be declared next week! After all, we don't want to delay the winner getting that full time editorial position at Wizards of the Coast, do we? ;)

ExTSR
Troll

Post by ExTSR » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:58 am

Voted, but not sayin' fer whom. ;>
Frank Mentzer
<><><><><><>
My friend Gary changed the world.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:38 am

Although I havent participated much in this thread, I just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed following it :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

LoZompatore
Hill Giant

Post by LoZompatore » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:56 pm

More than a few votes were cast in the last days! Many thanks to Carillon for bumping this thread :D
Thanks a lot also to Havard for the support and appreciation. ;)

Back to work, if you like we could set a deadline and stop voting in July, 17th, so the keep the poll open for exactly two months. Maybe, in the meantime, some other opinions will pile up, who knows...

Is it ok for you?

Return to “Mystara”