Mystara Specific Artwork

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Cthulhudrew, Gawain_VIII, Havard

Mystara Specific Artwork

Postby Demnwlf » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:26 am

Hello all I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find any Mystara specific artwork sites. What I am looking to do is get some new desktop wallpapers. Have checked various artists and other sites but mostly pics were of D&D 3.5 +. If any know of any good sites would be much appreciated. Thanks
Demnwlf
Goblin

Re: Mystara Specific Artwork

Postby Cthulhudrew » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:36 am

I'd check the "classic" TSR artists' sites, like Clyde Caldwell, Larry Elmore, Keith Parkinson, Jeff Easley, and the like. Timothy Truman might have some of his TSR art up there, but I'm not sure.
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.
Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Postby RobJN » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:05 am

Demnwlf wrote:Hello all I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find any Mystara specific artwork sites. What I am looking to do is get some new desktop wallpapers. Have checked various artists and other sites but mostly pics were of D&D 3.5 +. If any know of any good sites would be much appreciated. Thanks

Is there a particular piece of art you're looking for? A blog article series by the Dungeon's Master covers (pardon the pun) the major TSR artists and gives a pretty good list of website resources: http://dungeonsmaster.com/2009/11/the-a ... nd-part-1/
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter
RobJN
Dire Flumph

Postby TheGlen » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Not many, but some I commissioned. They are too large to link here.

http://imgur.com/gallery/GpAeUnl
http://imgur.com/a/nsTWx
TheGlen
Orc

Postby julius_cleaver » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:48 am

Glen I think I am continuing a topic we were actually discussing on Facebook...but you changed one of the pictures of Aleena or Morgan Ironwolf based on copyright issues or similarity of her appearance. I hope you still have all of these?

I imagine you would as you commissioned the art work, and both you and your artist would want to keep them handy.
It's about as gothic as you can get with anthropomorphic beavers.

"You stumble into a spacious chamber with at least ten exits." The DM is a jerk. --Jeff Rients from Jeff's Gameblog
julius_cleaver
Frost Giant

Postby TheGlen » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:57 pm

I've got all the art still, I'm about to start a podcast to fundraise to get the last of it. One of the artists withdrew for health reasons, so I'm about 25 pieces short. I even still have the originals that the one guy plagiarized. He used Chandra Nalaar instead of Aleena. Also used the Axe of Whiterun for Swiftmagic's art. Had to get that replaced as well. Serraine, Von Hendricks and Morgan all came out rather well though.
TheGlen
Orc

Postby Demnwlf » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:47 pm

Hello again all was wondering if anyone has found or done the floor plans for the Shady Dragon Inn from AC 1? trying to print them my self but printer said NO.
Demnwlf
Goblin

Return to Mystara