Page 1 of 2

Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:06 pm
by Havard
With Wizards of the Coast now opening up to Print on Demand for old gaming material a the following Mystara books have now once again become available in Print!


MYSTARA TITLES


HOLLOW WORLD TITLES


THUNDER RIFT TITLES
  • Go HERE for Thunder Rift Print on Demand Products.


What other Mystara books would you like to see made available as Print on Demand products?


-Havard

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:50 pm
by Big Mac
Havard wrote:What other Mystara books would you like to see made available as Print on Demand products?


From what I hear, Karameikos seems to be the best starting area for games in Mystara, so I think I'd be looking forward to that.

I know there are also a couple of areas close in theme to the Forgotten Realms subsettings Al-Qadim and The Horde. So I'd also be interested in taking a look at them to see what sort of "cross polination of ideas" might be possible.

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:40 am
by Yaztromo
Rather than the single adventures, I'd like to see the Gazzeteers back in print! :)

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:52 pm
by micky
that's pretty cool man. Probably a day late and a dollar short however. Remember in the days before PDF and torrents... you had to pay out your NOSE on ebay for the classic stuff, the market for that stuff fell through the floor. Now days, or at least several years ago the last time I checked, you could get really nice physical copies, original copies at a fraction of the cost one could say.. back when I got back into the game around 1999-2000 and you were looking at needing to pluck down at least hundred bucks, sometimes more, for the GAZ titles.

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:56 pm
by Havard
TBD

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:20 pm
by micky
I do agree though... get the GAZ titles back in print. There are no shortages of adventure modules.. but what is king was the setting. What we be even cooler would be not merely a reprint.. but a new version doing what fandom has spent the last decade or more doing.. smoothing out the rough edges and providing continuity to them, within the setting itself and with the other various settings.

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:15 pm
by Jayce
Yaztromo wrote:Rather than the single adventures, I'd like to see the Gazzeteers back in print! :)


I agree, it would be great if they did the gazetteers. I've been printing copies at Lulu for use at the gaming table so I wouldn't have to use my original copies but it is a bit of a hassle.

micky wrote:that's pretty cool man. Probably a day late and a dollar short however. Remember in the days before PDF and torrents... you had to pay out your NOSE on ebay for the classic stuff, the market for that stuff fell through the floor. Now days, or at least several years ago the last time I checked, you could get really nice physical copies, original copies at a fraction of the cost one could say.. back when I got back into the game around 1999-2000 and you were looking at needing to pluck down at least hundred bucks, sometimes more, for the GAZ titles.


Hey now, some of us still do that! Haha. Some of them can still get rather pricey compared to some of the other 1E/2E stuff. Karameikos, Glantri, Darokin, Alfheim and the Minrothad Guilds tend to be in that group, although sometimes you'll be able to find a deal. What's really expensive at the moment is the Rules Cyclopedia (which I hear is listed to have a POD option added), Wrath of the Immortals and Champions of Mystara. O:

micky wrote:I do agree though... get the GAZ titles back in print. There are no shortages of adventure modules.. but what is king was the setting. What we be even cooler would be not merely a reprint.. but a new version doing what fandom has spent the last decade or more doing.. smoothing out the rough edges and providing continuity to them, within the setting itself and with the other various settings.


Yes, if only...I doubt WotC will ever do anything new with Mystara again, and the truth is that in the purely hypothetical event of nee Mystara material I'd fear what they would do to the setting without having Bruce on board overseeing development. But a person can dream, right? =\

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:46 pm
by kracht
I concur with the "GAZETTEERS!" faction. I have long lost the few I owned in the Nineties and only managed to acquire GAZ1 at a semi-decent price. I also paid around 60$ for a pretty battered copy of the RC (I did that before I discovered Dark Dungeons: otherwise, perhaps I would not have bothered). Anything else is just unattainable for me at current aftermarket prices. POD would be heaven.

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:58 pm
by kracht
Jayce wrote:
Yaztromo wrote:Rather than the single adventures, I'd like to see the Gazzeteers back in print! :)


I agree, it would be great if they did the gazetteers.


Aaaaand our prayers will be met, apparently:

Gaz 14 the Atruaghin Clans

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:22 pm
by Havard
Oooh!

Thanks for posting about this Kracht! Great seeing that Gaz 14 the Atruaghin Clans is out!

I really hope this is a sign of more to come! :)

-Havard

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:49 pm
by Jayce
kracht wrote:
Aaaaand our prayers will be met, apparently:
Gaz 14 the Atruaghin Clans


OH AWESOME! :D


Havard wrote: I really hope this is a sign of more to come! :)


I mean, at this point, I am absolutely convinced there will be more to come! :D It's great seeing them add more and more titles so quickly. ^_^

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:42 am
by kracht
Fingers crossed! ;)

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:47 am
by Angel Tarragon
HECK YES!! Gazetteers in print again!! Want more!!

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:58 am
by Morfie
Still waiting for DotE.. and a GAZ bundle.. and then a PRINTED BUNDLE! SQUEE!

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:42 am
by Havard
Morfie wrote:Still waiting for DotE.. and a GAZ bundle.. and then a PRINTED BUNDLE! SQUEE!


If they are giving DotE the same treatment they did for the Hollow World Boxed Set, I am definitely buying a copy of that one. :cool:

-Havard

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:53 pm
by agathokles
Havard wrote:If they are giving DotE the same treatment they did for the Hollow World Boxed Set, I am definitely buying a copy of that one. :cool:


What did they do?
G

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:13 pm
by Havard
agathokles wrote:
Havard wrote:If they are giving DotE the same treatment they did for the Hollow World Boxed Set, I am definitely buying a copy of that one. :cool:


What did they do?
G


This! :)

-Havard

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:56 pm
by agathokles
I mean, was it particularly good quality?

GP

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:49 pm
by Havard
agathokles wrote:I mean, was it particularly good quality?

GP



I would say it is of a pretty good quality. I am a little worried about the binding, but it depends on the glue used I suppose. I like that they have decided to use color print throughout the book. The individual booklet covers from the boxed set are included as full color pages in the book as well. Paper quality is also quite good. All the labels on the maps are readable in spite of being condensed to page size.

Overall, I am very happy with this. I have the boxed set so I didnt really need this, but for fans who do not own the boxed set I would say it is a must have!

I really hope they will produce similar versions for Dawn of the Emperors and Champions of Mystara. Those three books would look really good next to eachother! :)

-Havard

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:20 pm
by Havard

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:47 pm
by Ambreville

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:52 pm
by Havard


Nice!

I wonder if the building standups will be included in Gaz6?

This is a brilliant sourcebook for dwarf fans of any setting to be honest.

-Havard

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:35 pm
by Saunatonttu
So, my Atruaghin Clans arrived today.

Outside it looks like the 2e era softback books - even has a nice Gazetteer logo no the spine. Cover is of nice quality.

Slight fuzzyness (still very readable) on the DM's book with the coloured background on the text, but more crisp on the player's book with white pages. Map is two single pages (one for he hex map, one for the... other stuff) at the end, so it's pretty small but still usable (though not as actual gaming map on the table, like the original poster one). All in all, happy with this, going to order Dwarves of Rockhome now. How jolly of them to start with two I am missing :D

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:10 pm
by Havard
Saunatonttu wrote:So, my Atruaghin Clans arrived today.

Outside it looks like the 2e era softback books - even has a nice Gazetteer logo no the spine. Cover is of nice quality.

Slight fuzzyness (still very readable) on the DM's book with the coloured background on the text, but more crisp on the player's book with white pages. Map is two single pages (one for he hex map, one for the... other stuff) at the end, so it's pretty small but still usable (though not as actual gaming map on the table, like the original poster one). All in all, happy with this, going to order Dwarves of Rockhome now. How jolly of them to start with two I am missing :D


cool! Thank for reporting on the quality. It is great that you were able to complete your collection. I own all the gazetteers, but I am thinking about getting some backup copies, especially of the ones that are suffering from the most wear like Gaz3 and Gaz5. Who knows, I might even get the whole run.

Let us know if Rockhome keeps the same quality! :)

-Havard

Re: Mystara Back in Print!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:07 am
by kracht
Havard wrote:Let us know if Rockhome keeps the same quality! :)
-Havard


Yes please, that would be much appreciated.