The Blight Swamp Compilation Final Version

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Gawain_VIII, Havard, Seer of Yhog, Cthulhudrew

The Blight Swamp Compilation Final Version

Postby oleck » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:59 am

Hello all:

I finish this proyect i started last year. I tried to merg every information i found. if i mess up with some information from any autor im sorry. I hope there are not too much spelling errors. And i really hope you like it. I spend many time researching and i could have skip some info. It is base on oficial and internet fan info of Mystara. And put all together with my own work.

Please feedback.

Thanks to all your effort to keep mystara alive you make people like me want to contribute with you.

:D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwFgwGca_BvpbnQ1ZTVSdzZxM3M/view?usp=sharing
Last edited by oleck on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
oleck
Bugbear

Re: The Blight Swamp Compilation

Postby micky » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:03 am

cool... I love swamps... and people that speak better english that I do :lol: so look for no gramatical feedback here.. but creative feedback? Count on it! Just not tonight haha
He does not have a mandate. He does not have large congressional majorities. If a small minority in the Tea Party could stop President Obama, then we the majority can stop a petty tyrant named Trump
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby oleck » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:07 am

Thx jeje. Im from Mexico so here the night is coming 7:06 pm.
oleck
Bugbear

Postby Sturm » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am

Very interesting, I recently listed all the canon and fan sources related to the swamp in Threshold issue #13 (here: http://pandius.com/Threshold_13.pdf) on page 164 and 165, but probably you have already used most of them in your work.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby micky » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:04 am

alright.. checking this out!
He does not have a mandate. He does not have large congressional majorities. If a small minority in the Tea Party could stop President Obama, then we the majority can stop a petty tyrant named Trump
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby micky » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:06 am

Irving? Do you have the GAZ 10 Orcs of Thar Gazetteer?
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby micky » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:15 am

I love me salt and pepper... I really really like what you have there but yeah.. you can season it a bit more. For example.. give those clan leaders a bit more than just a name. Use the Orcs of Thar to draw not just another wandering rulebook monster but a real tough hombre who didn't become clan leader because of his winning crooked teeth and wonderful body aroma... he is the biggest and toughest and the match of any adventuring party he might find. Smaller clan.. lesser level.. but still a challenge.

I really really like not ony what you did.. but how you did it. It looks very nice, attractive and easy to read.
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby oleck » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:18 am

Thanks a lot and well maybe ill update it with a little more time to put some more spices.
oleck
Bugbear

Postby micky » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:20 pm

oleck wrote:Thanks a lot and well maybe ill update it with a little more time to put some more spices.

and dont forget the hot sauce as well!

that was well done.. plan on doing any other thingies like that for other areas?
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby oleck » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:25 am

Well maybe first try to complement blight swamp putting important npc with more backgrounds and maybe trying to develop more the villages. I truely can say that blight swamp was topic writen in many places but really nothing going more than 5 paragraphs so that why i try to do this. I have seen other parts of Karameikos are well develop but still we could try to unify all information and start doing zone compendiums. But well im starting to write again so i still need do develop a habit and still need to attend my work and familly buisness.

But ill keep working on this. Thanks to all and hope i can bring more stuff before year ends.
Last edited by oleck on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oleck
Bugbear

Postby micky » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:47 pm

yeah... Karameikos itself is sort of road kill man. Done to DEATH. IMO it actually is the least interesting of all the nations covered in the GAZ series (well outside of the American Indian travesty hahah) but it has proven to be a popular one I suppose. However this touches on one of the areas that really hadn't been touched IIRC and I really dig seeing people do work like that to expand and expound.
micky
Cloud Giant

Postby Robin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:44 pm

I downloaded the PDF, and although sometimes the language flaws are what disturbing, it is an awesome work, especially for someone not as linguistically adept in english. So my respect you receive hereby. :D
Continue the great work :lol:
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/
Robin
Cloud Giant

Postby micky » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:57 pm

hahahah..language flaws... I didn't see any. :oops: Then again I am a product of the American public schools... and a college that placed more of a premium on the football team and getting trashed while we got trashed on the field and later stimulating the local economy by the hitting the local campus bars than it did attending classes and getting an education :lol:
micky
Cloud Giant

Re: The Blight Swamp Compilation (Uploaded)

Postby oleck » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Yeah i know my language skill are not perfect jeje. But Shawn Stanley help me editing my gramar errors. Now i upload again the archive it should be better.
oleck
Bugbear

Postby Havard » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:45 pm

Has the information from Treasure of the Hideous One (from AC2) been included in this compilation?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby oleck » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Some things considered from AC2. like caymans, hydra lair, the mudbeast (serpentweed) just mention as a creature found there.

The island of Rosetos not icluided becouse i coulnd find a real location if it was in a river branch or in the swamp. (Maybe couse my english not so good). But i use the vampire idea to macth up the lich found there, just metioning a vampire clan. Maybe i could expand more the explanation on this. (Thanks for giving the idea)

And the bandids and villages are not in the swamp.

So i consider it but not complete.
oleck
Bugbear

Postby oleck » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:29 pm

Another modification sorry. Now the vampire clan metions is call Rosentos Clan that is in an island in riverfolk woods. Thx Havard.

Im still trying to develop more this idea and maybe in the furtue it will be another version more complete. Thx for the feebacks.
oleck
Bugbear

Postby Robin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:42 pm

There is an ancient adventure I played in the UK on a gameconvention (Rye in sussex...aka cryo gencon) that had a prison in the middle of the swamp. It was called the Genosha prison. It had high magically warded stone created walls (treated with Gorgonblood to prevent magic from affecting it) with a steel coating, continual light on parabolic mirrors to function as spotlights (triple distance), and a very very severe guard control. As far as I remember, it was controlled by the Balck Eagle Baronies men, but under Jurisdiction of Grand Duke Stephan Karameikos, and the countries law. Traitors, mudereres and rapist were send here...to perish in horror.
The adventure dealt with 5 PC wrongly accused attempting to escape the prison and then the swamp, with no magic, weapons and only improved tools.
It was fun, but not canon. Clyde Caldwell did play that day in with our group...his cleric perished within the beaks of a Crocodile, mine a few miles further in quicksand... there were only 2 survivors..thieves for all..of which 1 was guilty in the end (and the player did not even know it then).
I think I might still have the map/location of the prison somewhere. but the text is gone(i can't remember if I even obtained it, but the map I took from the table when they all left, leaving some debris behind.
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/
Robin
Cloud Giant

Postby religon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:25 pm

Havard wrote:Has the information from Treasure of the Hideous One (from AC2) been included in this compilation?

-Havard

Here is how I placed these… the numbered 1-6 areas correlate with the module key.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48207505@ ... 860840674/

(I removed undead from the Blight Swamp IMC as I have at least 3 other areas crawling with undead in Karameikos.)
religon
Bugbear

Postby Havard » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:30 pm

religon wrote:
Havard wrote:Has the information from Treasure of the Hideous One (from AC2) been included in this compilation?

-Havard

Here is how I placed these… the numbered 1-6 areas correlate with the module key.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48207505@ ... 860840674/

(I removed undead from the Blight Swamp IMC as I have at least 3 other areas crawling with undead in Karameikos.)

Very nice map!

Thanks for sharing :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby oleck » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:30 am

I saw that map but (maybe im wrong) was not situated on 1000 AC. Thats why i just took some references on it.

The compilation i did was trying to situated it on 1000 AC. So some things i didnt considered cause many information is after that. :oops:
oleck
Bugbear

Postby religon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:08 pm

@oleck,

The maps I designed are intended for 990-1000. They are part of a campaign centered in Western Karameikos supported by files and other maps I have shared here before. It may be difficult to use with other fan sources as some information conflicts... as noted and sourced in the supporting documents.

I find the multiple waterways and islands mapped in the Blight Swamp useful for pirate hunting and manageable swamp wilderness adventures… Havard's question about AC2 for example.
religon
Bugbear

Postby oleck » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:27 am

;( I think i didnt read your information. I try to read the most i could. And still now im finding more information. Im still writing on it. Well hope it can be useful for some one in the future.
oleck
Bugbear

Postby oleck » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:35 am

Does anybody has a clue if cayman are originaly from Karameikos or if they come from other part? The first ones that appear where in Karameikos.
Only swapms i see in Known world are malpheggi, Blight and the moor in thyatis. There are small swamps in utter and safari island (Ierendi). I couldnt imagine cayman been from Karameikos i can see them in a more tropycal places like the islands.
oleck
Bugbear

Postby religon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:20 pm

oleck wrote:Does anybody has a clue if cayman are originaly from Karameikos or if they come from other part?

If I understand the question, you are asking for cay-men origins. The original reference to cay-men in Karameikos was AC2: Combat Shield & Mini-Adventure; Treasure of the Hideous One. I think every other reference has been based on this one.
religon
Bugbear

Next

Return to Mystara