Mystaran Almanac 1020 AC?

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Gawain_VIII, Havard, Seer of Yhog, Cthulhudrew

Re: Mystaran Almanac 1020 AC?

Postby Hausman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:47 am

Sturm wrote:Yes there were three different thyatians expedition in the three continents. There is a summary of Almanac events I did for the Sea of Dawn in Threshold issue #11

Sturm

Regarding the thyatians expedition of Paulus Angelinus (Savage Coast) this was best developed in dialogues with Atila Pires and Giampaolo Agosta and among other entries in MA Plotlines in Google Docs, this follows from Dunwick, Renardie and Porto Escorpiao ... as follows:

Winter , 1020 AC
Description: Paulus arrives at Mons-in-Plecy, visiting the rulers of the kingdom until he arrives in the capital, Louvines. His squadron sails back to Dunwick, for he will run River Dream up to Louvines to meet Paulus the following month.

(...)

Summer, 1020 AC
Description: Paulus arrives in Chansea. From there, he must follow by land to the capital of Bellayne, where the parliament of Bellayne receives him.

(...)

Fall, 1020 AC
Description: Paulus Angelinus is attacked by turning Orc's Head for Dark Jungle orcs, but the fleet rejects the attackers after a grueling battle. He reaches Porto Escorpiao and meets with the local Baron.

--------------
There are more details and entries of Paulus in the MA docs, but these summarize part of their actions in 1020 (besides some others more). But with this you can already have a notion of how they are. =)

Att: Hausman
Hausman
Bugbear

Postby Sturm » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:12 am

Giulio is writing for Threshold so he could probably be contacted to write some events for the Skothar expedition, if he wants to.
I do not know who wrote the expedition to Davania, but if the author is not around anymore probably me and Geoff could come up with something.
Seen your answer about the Savage Coast.
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Robin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:36 pm

Maybe something to notice...
As according my calculations on the Radiance use (see here
Some important things will happen

The Darkness breaks the surface

This means that in 1016 the Darkness Shell as canon per Test of Darkness penetrates the surface.
In 1018 the first floor is enveloped in the darkness ,but mages could still keep it a secret, as the effects where still mostly within the school area.
in 1020 however, the darkness has begun to envelop the surrounding area (650'from the centre of the Tower of Secret Experiments as per Gaz3).
The school will lose its effect, but the mages already have discovered that below the darkness light functions as normal, but daylight is greatly dimmed as it must pass the shield of darkness.
the normal populace will become frightened, but the mages try to cover everything up by their laws and magic , enforcing the populace to accept or suffer the consequence.
I wouls think that in this year (or earlier) the populace would be forbidden to reveal anything of the darkness, and that foreigners will be kept out by saying it is a strange experiment.
At the end of this year however the truth will come out, and although nobody truly inderstands what is going on, things will change greatly.
Undead will no longer fear daylight under the darkness shell and increase their effect upon Glantri...especially Prince Morphail will do this.

Maybe something to include within this fan document.
Just ask if you want to know more
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/
Robin
Cloud Giant

Postby Hausman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Sturm wrote:Giulio is writing for Threshold so he could probably be contacted to write some events for the Skothar expedition, if he wants to.
I do not know who wrote the expedition to Davania, but if the author is not around anymore probably me and Geoff could come up with something.
Seen your answer about the Savage Coast.

Sturm:

Giulio Caroletti said, he undertook to check these cases with me after this threshold issue, then he will committ to the MA issues. I will wait and inform you here.

By the way ... your contribution to the Island of Dawn to 1020 is still welcome =)
Hausman
Bugbear

Postby Hausman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:59 pm

Hi Robin:

on the well-respected theme of the nucleus of spheres, you reminded me of a conversation I had with Micky about the AC1020 conflicts when we talked about some Bruce considerations about ...

#1 Now that the Nucleus drains power from Entropy, how does the Immortal-making spell from Glantri Gazetteer work?

BRUCE= "Yes. Except that in a large part what used to be relevant to Immortals of Energy is now more relevant to Immortals of Entropy. The Nucleus has become an entropic machine. It helps boost the powers of entropic creatures, but in the long run, it should limit their numbers and reduce their overall power.
Theoretically, this is impossible... You just can’t *kill* death! A universe without entropy is a myth - nothing would ever die or change. It is pointless and, from the point of view of Immortals, absolute oblivion nevertheless! Can’t happen.
This whole thing is an aberration -- a weird glitch affecting the Nucleus for the time being. If not dealt with, Entropy may end up suffering no ill effect at all, AND still boost its influence at the expense of all the others. A universe with lots more entropy, however, is always possible. Because of the implications, the Immortals will have to get together and deal
with this issue and find a consensus that makes more sense; i.e. the Nucleus will have to be modified one more time to settle things properly. "

(http://www.oocities.org/vexetaman/nucleus.html)
Hausman
Bugbear

Postby Robin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:21 pm

i'll respond soon..currently workibg hard on my threshold issue article.
be back on this later
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/
Robin
Cloud Giant

Postby Hausman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:11 am

Actually, we're both. haha
I'm also finalizing my article for Threshold =)
stay calm Robin, I'll be waiting!
Hausman
Bugbear

Previous

Return to Mystara