[Threshold] Next Issue Topics

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Havard, Seer of Yhog, Cthulhudrew, Gawain_VIII

[Threshold] Next Issue Topics

Postby Chimpman » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Dear readers of Threshold,

We hope you have been enjoying the material provided in recent issues of Threshold Magazine, and hope to continue providing quality material for you to enjoy. Although our current topic pipeline is set for the next several issues, we would like to gather information from our readership about what it is they would like to see in upcoming issues.

What are some of the other themes you would like to see explored by Threshold? Please let us know here!
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.
Chimpman
Hadozee

Re: [Threshold] Next Issue Topics

Postby Gravesguardian » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Something I'ld like to see is more on Thunder Rift &/or Warriors of the Eternal Sun Sega game. For TR: The Pit & Wizardspire spring to mind, as well as possible ruins/dungeons that pre-date the arrival of humans, elves, dwarves & halflings. WotES: if Barrik's Keep arrived in the year 1000 AC, how would it & the surroundings change. What allies have they made, what enemies threaten more than others. Of course there's also: how has WotI(Wrath of the Immortals) affected both of them?
Gravesguardian
Hobgoblin

Location: wandering Thunder Rift dealing w/ the threats that spring up

Postby ghendar » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:01 pm

In a general sense, anything that fleshes out and expands any undeveloped areas would be my preference. You know, Gaz type material.
Carpe Diem = Seize the day. Carp In Denim = Fish in pants.
Carpe DM. A phrase I don't want to hear, unless it's being uttered by an attractive female gamer.
ghendar
Hill Giant

Postby Morfie » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:45 pm

Northern Brun
Central Brun
Davania
Morfie
Metamorph

Postby Irondrake » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:41 am

Gravesguardian wrote:Something I'ld like to see is more on Thunder Rift &/or Warriors of the Eternal Sun Sega game. For TR: The Pit & Wizardspire spring to mind, as well as possible ruins/dungeons that pre-date the arrival of humans, elves, dwarves & halflings. WotES: if Barrik's Keep arrived in the year 1000 AC, how would it & the surroundings change. What allies have they made, what enemies threaten more than others. Of course there's also: how has WotI(Wrath of the Immortals) affected both of them?

I second this excellent suggestion for an issue dedicated to Thunder Rift and it's placement in Mystara.
Irondrake
Bugbear

Postby Chimpman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:11 am

Thanks folks! It seems like were are on the right track, with 2 of the next 4 issues focusing on specific regions of Mystara. One issue we struggle with when we pick these regions is to find some area that has enough previous material to spark the interest of potential contributors. We want to make sure there is enough material/interest to generate articles to publish. I'd personally love to see enough material generated for a Platea Issue (something the community here was actively developing a few - wow almost 7! - years ago). Not sure we would be able to pull that off at the moment though :(

I like the idea about an Issue detailing the incorporation of other campaign settings/sub-settings into Mystara (like Thunder Rift). Thankfully we have a pretty active forum on the setting here at The Piazza, so I may pop over there and see if anyone would have interest in contributing material.

Disclaimer of course - I can't make any promises before consulting with the team, but this is great feedback for us. Thanks!
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.
Chimpman
Hadozee

Postby Robin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:42 pm

other subjects could be ;
1-magic; in general, history or in detail (i sure have some material for that :P )
2-Nature; unknown plants, minerals, effects
3-economics
4-politics
5- life, death, disease and healing
6-the undersea
7-the future...in general, or in possibilities; technological/magic advances...how would mystara be over 1000, 2000, 3000years...featuring options for time immortality quests, or comebackinnresearch
8-major disasters, in bygone times, or expected; in detail/cause/effect/side effect/after effect
9-dungeon survival for characters
10- game playing issues specific for mystara

just to mention some ideas :mrgreen:
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/
Robin
Fire Giant

Return to Mystara