flying ship dates

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Havard, Seer of Yhog, Cthulhudrew, Gawain_VIII

flying ship dates

Postby GMWestermeyer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:43 am

I haven't been able to find any firm info on this... when did the Alphatians discover how to make flying ships? And when did the Heldannic Knights discover how to ake flying ships, create their hawk ships?
GMWestermeyer
Hill Giant

Re: flying ship dates

Postby Havard » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:46 am

GMWestermeyer wrote:I haven't been able to find any firm info on this... when did the Alphatians discover how to make flying ships? And when did the Heldannic Knights discover how to ake flying ships, create their hawk ships?

Alphatians have known about flying ships for at least 2000 years. I am guessing most likely a lot longer than that too, though they only arrived on Mystara 2000 years ago (BC1000).

Heldannic Ships are powered by a single artifact called the Star of Vanya. According to this timeline, it was discovered in AC 953 and the first Warbird is seen one year later.

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: flying ship dates

Postby ripvanwormer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Havard wrote:Alphatians have known about flying ships for at least 2000 years. I am guessing most likely a lot longer than that too, though they only arrived on Mystara 2000 years ago (BC1000).

It seems likely the Alphatians had flying ships in BC 3500, when they began their colonization and conquest of nearby planets and other planes. They certainly must have had them when Ar created the kingdom of Floating Ar in AY 250 (BC 750).
ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Return to Mystara