[5E] B1+B2 Collectors Edition - awesome for Mystara fans?

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Havard, Gawain_VIII, Cthulhudrew, Seer of Yhog

Dread Delgath
Fire Giant

Re: [5E] B1+B2 Collectors Edition - awesome for Mystara fans

Post by Dread Delgath » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:02 pm

ghendar wrote:That's a nice cover. So iconic
:) I agree. However, I had assumed that they'd come up with a new cover that pays homage to the original to both B1 & B2. At least we'll know what to look for when it hits the shelves. ;)
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:07 pm

In one way I would have liked to see a new cover artwork, just because it is a great opportunity to see some new art linked to these classic locations, but on the other hand I do think this one will really look good in a HC format :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

ghendar
Cranky Grognard

Post by ghendar » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:39 am

I hope the 5th edition version works out for you guys and they don't ruin the essence of these modules like TSR did with the 2e Keep on the Borderlands
Fifth registered member, bitches!

If the Unapproachable East was so unapproachable, how did anyone get there?

Dread Delgath
Fire Giant

Post by Dread Delgath » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:40 pm

ghendar wrote:I hope the 5th edition version works out for you guys and they don't ruin the essence of these modules like TSR did with the 2e Keep on the Borderlands
There were a few things about the 2e version that were 'meh-okay', or 'mehkay' (lol) but the essence of that was still there. The update had just added a lot of stuff that didn't need to be added, could have been added by any DM running it, or totally ignored and run it like you remembered it from bitd.

I was really happy about the full color map of the Caves of Chaos, and some of the art was also mehkay, but I honestly don't recall a whole lot else about it - not like the original which I could probably run the majority of it without the module in hand at all! ;)

I also have more faith in Goodman Games than I do in early 90's TSR. That alone speaks volumes to me. :cool:
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.

stebehil
Ogre

Post by stebehil » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:33 pm

Preordering it is now possible. I just have to find out who distributes this in Europe...
http://goodman-games.com/blog/2018/01/2 ... pre-order/

Dread Delgath
Fire Giant

Post by Dread Delgath » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:51 pm

I pre-ordered mine last week through my FLGS, although they said it did not have a release date yet. :ugeek:

stebehil
Ogre

Post by stebehil » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm

I asked Goodman Games about the european distribution, and they told me that this would be handled by Esdevium, which is part of Asmodee for several years now: https://www.asmodee.co.uk/about-us/ (bottom left). SO, my guess is that Asmodee will handle the distribution beyond the UK.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:23 pm

stebehil wrote:I asked Goodman Games about the european distribution, and they told me that this would be handled by Esdevium, which is part of Asmodee for several years now: https://www.asmodee.co.uk/about-us/ (bottom left). SO, my guess is that Asmodee will handle the distribution beyond the UK.
Neat! Hopefully this means shipping won't be too crazy? :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

stebehil
Ogre

Post by stebehil » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:06 am

Not sure about shipping yet, but hopefully, this could mean that the book (and other Goodman Games stuff) is distributed through the normal hobby channels. But I still have no final answer regarding some confusion - according to Goodman Games, their distribution partner is Esdevium, which is, as stated earlier, only a name now. It may be that Asmodee UK uses Esdevium as a "household name" for their imports, but GG told me that Esdevium is their partner specifically, which is somewhat odd. I guess I have to ask my FLGS to ask Asmodee about this.

Return to “Mystara”