Coins

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Gawain_VIII, Havard, Seer of Yhog, Cthulhudrew

Coins

Postby Robin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:27 am

News I could not let you pass by.
I spoke with the people of http://campaigncoins.com/
about the possibility of making coins of Mystara as presented in the various gazetteers.
They replied as follows;
Thank you for your suggestion regarding Mystara coins. Those are some sweet designs, and we love the level of detail that's gone into how the coins fit into the world.

Of course, we would never dream of making coins based on others' properties without a licensing agreement; which is true of all of our coins. We will keep Mystara in mind in our future endeavors.
In the meantime, we reckon our Classic Fantasyand King's Ransom ranges are great for a wide variety of settings and systems.

Cheers for your kind words, we hope to send you some coinage soon!

So while currently not real Mystara coins, they might create coins suitable for Mystara, and in the meanwhile they have other nice coins.

eitherway, to me acceptable.
So enjoy the fun
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/
Robin
Cloud Giant

Re: Coins

Postby Dread Delgath » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Those are pretty! I've seen something like them in one of Dyson Logos' posts, but I don't know if they were from the same source you've posted here. If I were economically inclined, I'd definitely get a set or two of these and incorporate them into my game somehow.

I'd most likely use them as player rewards after successfully completing each important bit of the campaign, or somesuch. :mrgreen:
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.
Dread Delgath
Frost Giant

Location: Thankfully, NOT where the swirl starts when you flush the country.

Postby Havard » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:30 pm

I'd love to have Mystara coins, that is a great idea.

What designs did you send them?

I understand that they cannot use Mystara designs for their productions, but any kind of fantasy coins could be fun to add to a campaign.

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Robin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:22 pm

I have send them the images of coins from the gazetteers as I used in my compilation book "What can be Bought"
pages 4 to 6.

I can only agree their reaction
lets see if they intend to make some stuff not predesigned for Mystara, They seemed very interested though
But maybe they can design other coins for mystara/D&D
I would buy them at least :P
and use them
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/
Robin
Cloud Giant

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Robin wrote:But maybe they can design other coins for mystara/D&D

They can't design coins for Mystara. Mystara belongs to WotC and they would need a licence to use their IP.

They could design generic coins that just happen to share themes used for Mystara. But they could not advertise them as Mystara coins.

What you could do, is look through their range and pick out existing coins that would stand in for some of the coins used in Mystara. That seemed to be what they were suggesting you do. If you did that, you could make a table showing their coins and the Mystaran nation they would work with.

You might also be able to make free 3D models of Mystaran coins that people can use with their own 3D printers. That would not be commercial activity.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Big Mac wrote:You might also be able to make free 3D models of Mystaran coins that people can use with their own 3D printers. That would not be commercial activity.

Oooh, that is a neat idea! :cool:

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Sturm » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:13 am

Lots of years ago, I made Mystara coins with modelling clay and painted them :)
I will post photos if I retrieve them. Must be in some boxes :)
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Havard » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Sturm wrote:Lots of years ago, I made Mystara coins with modelling clay and painted them :)
I will post photos if I retrieve them. Must be in some boxes :)

Awesome! Please do share! :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby ghendar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:31 pm

I like their historical coins but they are a little too new looking for my tastes. They need to be a bit more distressed. They did do a pretty good job of making them not perfect when it comes to edges and centering.
The fantasy coins are way too polished for me.

I just got back from a vacation and while I was in a gift shop, I saw pirate coin replicas. Those looked like pretty decent proxies for D&D type coins.
Fifth registered member, bitches!

If the Unapproachable East was so unapproachable, how did anyone get there?
ghendar
Hill Giant

Return to Mystara