War Game on Mystara

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Gawain_VIII, Havard, Seer of Yhog, Cthulhudrew

War Game on Mystara

Postby vitturi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi everybody,
someone know something about war games (like Risk) base on Mystara world?

I appreciate any help (link or other) on this investigation.

Thanks.
vitturi
Kobold

Re: War Game on Mystara

Postby Traianus » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Closest thing to that I can think of is the old PC computer game Fantasy Empires.
AC995-Traianus Decius Aureus- Praetorian Legate, Equites Laurifer, bearer of the Corona Civica, Corona Muralis and Corona Obsidionalis -delivered the motherland from the Thyatian occupation and was raised to the purple by the Praetorian Guard.
Traianus
Bugbear

Postby Yaztromo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:41 pm

Inside The Orcs of Thar gazetteer there is an associated board game where you command an orc band plundering this or that part of the world or waging internal wars between the various hordes.
It is not exactly Risk, but not too far either, and pretty fun.
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Postby CommanderCrud » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:25 pm

The board game Conquests of Nerath is Risk-based, but used the 4e setting. Could be easy/fun to convert to use Mystara instead.
CommanderCrud
Orc

Postby aklanda » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:58 pm

That's actually one aim that I am heading for in long terms with my simulator (if I got you right):

Apart from beeing able to let the simulator fight out large battles it should also be able to work on a strategic level. That is: There should be dominons, countries, armies, supplies and resources.
Right now I am working on the:

strategic map
dominions

I already implemented the part with the large-scale-battles including battles between two armies (which I understand is not your priority?). Her are some examples if you should change you mind:

Broken Lands vs Darokin
Broken Lands vs Glantri

You can download the simulator at it's current state (which only includes the large-scale-battles), but I am heading for another update coming soon, where the strategic maps and the dominions are already included.Just post a request here and I will try to keep you up-to-date.
Place hundreds of orcs against a company of elves: Aklandas Large Battle Simulator
aklanda
Gnoll

Postby Big Mac » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:14 pm

vitturi wrote:Hi everybody,
someone know something about war games (like Risk) base on Mystara world?

I appreciate any help (link or other) on this investigation.

Thanks.

I've got two things to say.

The first is that there are a ton of helpful Mystara fans who have created maps of the Known World. A lot of these are hex maps. Perhaps you could look through the maps and see if you could find one to use as an alternative Risk board. I can't remember if there was a rule on the sizes of countries inside Risk, but I thought that they were not all the same size.

The second is to ask if you would like to design an out-of-character game or an in-character game?

An out-of-character game is something that Mystara fans could enjoy when they are not playing tabletop games.

An in-character game is something that player characters could play, inside a tabletop session. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Patrick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:20 am

X10: Red Arrow, Black Shield consists largely of a tabletop war game, with a poster-size fold-out map with big hexes as the "spaces." It uses the War Machine and Battlesystem rules (or variants thereof?). And it's meant as an activity that's going on along with more traditional adventuring sessions--it's not fully fleshed out as a stand-alone game like Risk. Still, it's fun if you're into that sort of thing.
Patrick
Bugbear

Return to Mystara