Compiled list of trade goods

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Gawain_VIII, Havard, Seer of Yhog, Cthulhudrew

Compiled list of trade goods

Postby Birchbeer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Aloha folks. Was wondering if anyone has a list of all the various trade goods from the trade maps in the Darokin and Minrothad gazetteers.

Thanks in advance :)
Birchbeer
Stone Giant

Re: Compiled list of trade goods

Postby Birchbeer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:32 am

Perfect sir. Thanks as always. :)
Birchbeer
Stone Giant

Postby Big Mac » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:35 am

Very nice!

I'll have to get those linked to, from the Book-House pages for GAZ9 The Minrothad Guilds and GAZ11 The Republic of Darokin.

Do you have doorway pages for these, Thorf (with explanations of what the pictures are)? If you do, I'd rather link to the main articles for each Gazetteer.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Thorf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:41 am

I don't think I have these up on my main site yet — they're among the last that I posted to the previous site, which was a wiki. It's all still there, but pretty much abandoned. I want to port everything over to the new site, but it takes time to do it.

I'll try and get these two posted this week if I can. Otherwise, feel free to link directly to the wiki pages.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Postby Big Mac » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Thanks a lot Thorf.

I've not started on the Mystara page checks yet. I'm going through the second-half of the Forgotten Realms articles. Mystara is next. Then I'm onto non-setting specific articles.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Arghis made this map which works very well to expand the area from the maps Thorf posted westwards to the Serpent Peninsula:

http://www.pandius.com/22622451463_9e48470a64_o.jpg

And here is the companion article to that map:

http://www.pandius.com/nsptrade.html

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:36 am

Thorf wrote:I don't think I have these up on my main site yet — they're among the last that I posted to the previous site, which was a wiki. It's all still there, but pretty much abandoned. I want to port everything over to the new site, but it takes time to do it.

I'll try and get these two posted this week if I can. Otherwise, feel free to link directly to the wiki pages.

Thanks Thorf. I've updated the two Book-House pages.

So did you just copy the maps from GAZ9 and GAZ11 or have you added on the trade routes based on written information that you researched?

And (if you did add on stuff based on research) have you been looking into creating similar trade maps for other parts of Mystara (at some point)?
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Thorf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:44 am

Those two are replicas.

My understanding is that there is a fair bit of data around that could be used to make new maps like these, expanding the area of coverage like in the excellent map Håvard posted above. But I've never gotten far enough down my to do list to start planning new trade maps.

On the other hand, I made all the art assets from those maps available for others to use, so I hope someone does it someday.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Postby Cthulhudrew » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 pm

On the trade maps- I don't have sources on hand at the moment, but I want to say that some corrections to those were made in a couple of places. Dawn of the Emperors comes to mind as one; and possibly some of Bruce's Known World Grimoire articles maybe? I could be mistaken, but I think I remember seeing some info that should be updated on those maps.
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.
Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Postby Thorf » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:44 am

You're absolutely right, Andrew - I remember reading something like that many years ago.

I wonder if my updated versions of these references those sources. I suspect not, in which case I should really fix that.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Postby Cthulhudrew » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:56 am

I'll try and remember to check and see if I can find those references tonight, and post them (another one that might be a source is the Darokin Gazetteer; I think it might have a note or something that was a correction to the Minrothad map.)
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.
Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Return to Mystara