Threshold issue #18 is out!

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Gawain_VIII, Havard, Seer of Yhog, Cthulhudrew

Threshold issue #18 is out!

Postby Sturm » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:05 pm

Greetings Mystara fans!

I'm very happy to announce that

Issue #18
of the Threshold Magazine is available now!

To the Savage Coast
A new land for the people who came from the east - the Espans, the Traldars and the traders braving the western seas..
An ancient land for the people who have called it home for centuries or millennia. This is the Savage Coast, a land of freedom, opportunity and diversity. A land under the grip of the Red Curse, where the precious cynnabryl can be mined and turned into the deadly weapons of red steel, used to cure afflictions and inherit great powers. A land vast and mysterious, where the Lawful Brotherhood keeps watch to stop the spreading of chaos.
The Savage Coast is still very much an unexplored land which needs workers, cartographers, colonists and heroes to defend the frail bastions of hope against the unknown.

Content of this issue:
- People of the Savage Coast, by me, developing the intelligent races described in the Savage Coast Monstrous Compendium, and making them playable races.
- Threshold Coloring Contest, color the three beautiful drawings by I.Calvin and win your drawing, see the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17551
- La Baronía de Torreón, a complete Gazetteer by G.Agosta (Agathokles)
- The Great Northway Lands, a description of the regions of classic module X9 by by Matthew Fleet (Carillion)
- Kingdom of Oshkamab a Gazetteer of the Trident Isles by Irving Galvez (oleck) placing a developed Oltec (Aztec-like) culture in the Outer world
- The Unknown World Trail map - part V, by me, a guide to the wilderlands of the Atruaghin lands, Sind and the Adri Varma plateau
- Dwarven Families Expanded - Part 1, by Hausman Santos & Leandro Abrahão, a detailed description of Rockhome families, providing a lot of dwarven NPCs (or PCs), continuying from Updated to your Rockhome campain in issue #16 and to be continued in issue #19.
- Engdyr’s Game II - Ruins of Layhash, by John Calvin (Chimpman) an adventure path set in the Known World of 2300 BC, continuying from issue #16 and #17 and to be continued in issue #19.

A heartfelt thank you goes out to all those who answered Threshold's call for support - editors, contributors and proofreaders!
We hope that you enjoy reading through this issue as much as we enjoyed putting it together.
Issue #19 will be about Planes and the Immortals, see the Call for Contributors here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18981

As always, feel free to use this thread to send us comments and feedback on this issue.

Happy reading!
Sturm
And the Threshold Editorial Team
Last edited by Sturm on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sturm
Green Dragon

Re: Threshold issue #18 is out!

Postby Havard » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:12 pm

Whoohoo! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby ghendar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:00 pm

Just downloaded 18. Looks pretty cool. I also downloaded 13 and as I was going through it, a thought occurred to me. Has anyone considered doing an issue that was all monster manual? Or more appropriately for Mystara, all Creature Catalog? I'm talking about an issue that was 100% new monsters all statted out for BECMI, although I suppose a lot of people here would want 5e stats, correct?

What do you think? Would there be any interest in that? Obviously, you'd need contributors.
Fifth registered member, bitches!

If the Unapproachable East was so unapproachable, how did anyone get there?
ghendar
Stone Giant

Postby Traianus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:45 pm

ghendar wrote:Just downloaded 18. Looks pretty cool. I also downloaded 13 and as I was going through it, a thought occurred to me. Has anyone considered doing an issue that was all monster manual? Or more appropriately for Mystara, all Creature Catalog? I'm talking about an issue that was 100% new monsters all statted out for BECMI, although I suppose a lot of people here would want 5e stats, correct?

What do you think? Would there be any interest in that? Obviously, you'd need contributors.

That is a a great idea. Personally, I'd just keep them as BECMI stats (even though my group uses 3.5E/Pathfinder) for simplicity's sake.
AC995-Traianus Decius Aureus- Praetorian Legate, Equites Laurifer, bearer of the Corona Civica, Corona Muralis and Corona Obsidionalis -delivered the motherland from the Thyatian occupation and was raised to the purple by the Praetorian Guard.
Traianus
Bugbear

Postby ghendar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:14 pm

Traianus wrote:
ghendar wrote:Just downloaded 18. Looks pretty cool. I also downloaded 13 and as I was going through it, a thought occurred to me. Has anyone considered doing an issue that was all monster manual? Or more appropriately for Mystara, all Creature Catalog? I'm talking about an issue that was 100% new monsters all statted out for BECMI, although I suppose a lot of people here would want 5e stats, correct?

That is a a great idea. Personally, I'd just keep them as BECMI stats (even though my group uses 3.5E/Pathfinder) for simplicity's sake.

You'd get no argument from me :D

ghendar
Stone Giant

Postby Chimpman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Issue #13 was probably the closest we have gotten to that (at least to date). For a standard issue of Threshold I'm not sure the concept works, but it might work as a special issue. That's something we can talk about. Of course (as you mention) if there are a lot of folks willing to contribute to an issue of that sort, then the likelihood of producing such an issue increases ;)

We could start a new thread and see how many folks would be interested in contributing.
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.
Chimpman
Hadozee

Postby ghendar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:12 pm

Chimpman wrote:We could start a new thread and see how many folks would be interested in contributing.

Great idea. Count me in.

Although, other than contributors, another stumbling block might be illustrators.

ghendar
Stone Giant

Postby agathokles » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:13 pm

Well, let's see how much interest there is in contributing to such an issue :-)

G
agathokles
Red Dragon

Postby Irondrake » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:13 am

Yeah!!!!!! Time to sit down for a long winter's read!

Thanks to all who made this issue possible!
Irondrake
Bugbear

Postby oleck » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:56 am

Thanks for putting my work there love u guys!!!!!!
oleck
Bugbear

Postby Morfie » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:30 am

Or one just containing all new maps, by Thorf, Carillion, Robin, Ramelin etc etc :D
Morfie
Metamorph

Return to Mystara