B10 Night´s Dark Terror - Did anyone DM this? PC levels?

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Gawain_VIII, Havard, Cthulhudrew

Hugin
Messenger of Odin

Re: B10 Night´s Dark Terror - Did anyone DM this? PC levels?

Post by Hugin » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:43 pm

I ran my players through B10 about a dozen years ago when playing 3.5E, although I can't recall the exact levels the PCs were at the time. I seem to recall them being higher then recommended in Basic and had to adjust things.

I am now thinking about using B10 in my 5E game when we return to my game (we have 2 games running with 2 different DMs that we switch back and forth between). The PCs are level 6 and so I'll certainly have to make adjustments, but that's easy enough to do.

This is such a great adventure that I'm quite excited to run my players through it, even though it's been such a long time!

The big question that I always have to ask about utilizing a published module of course, is how do I lead into it from the current campaign. My last "chapter" ended with the defeat of the villain and acquiring his journal. I'm toying with the idea that they find a mini-tapestry of the one in the module and using that as the springboard. We'll see.

stebehil
Troll

Post by stebehil » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:28 pm

At the moment, I lean towards using B12 in modified form, and having the chaotic adventurer group they encounter in Kavorquians basement being an Iron Ring group, who are looking for clues in the wizards notes - maybe it is Kavorquian who knew that the tapestry is at some farmstead south of Penhaligon.

Scumdog47
Goblin

Post by Scumdog47 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:25 pm

I ran again, it a few years back.
As things were, the players sharpened their teeth so to speak, on Keep on the Borderlands and Palace of the Silver Princess which we played for nostalgic reasons, originally.
And after that, they had enough good gear and levels to make it through B10.
But man, some of the monsters were pretty nasty even with experienced players and somewhat experienced characters, particularly at the end.

Start off at Lvl 3 would probably be most prudent.
Of course, you want to use it as starting point for a wider campaign, having the players start out with level 3 characters would probably be just as fine. :)

Return to “Mystara”