Andaire wrote:This is obviously of particular interest to the next almanac.
IIRC a few years ago Andrew had some ideas about this, probably linked to the humanoid migration, and more.
There was also an idea of having exacerbated humanoid troubles due to interference or manipulation by an old, dark evil from a past age.
Synn's actions, Atzanteotl's plots, displaced forces (like Thar's), the strengthening of the Orclands, and more, are all threats that could come to a high at the same time.
Dark old evil from a past age fits very well with what I have in mind. What is Synn's position at the outset of AC1020? If the Brokenlands are involved, Glantri would likely have a role for good or ill. This would also be a good time for Thar to return to the Brokenlands.
Where is Aengmor in all of this? This would be a good time for Atzanteotl's factions among the Shadowelves to gain control over those dying woods. If the side of good is successful, the Orc Wars (as I have come to call them) could bring about the restoration of Alfheim.
* I see the Orc Wars as a five year conflict spanning between 1020-2024. I envision the Orc Wars as being something equivalent of the Trojan War, as in that it was a war where all the heroes fought; a conflict to be passed down in legends. Unlike the Wrath of the Immortals War, the Orc Wars have a more clear good vs evil or at least Chaos vs. Law aspect, making it easier to choose sides.
* Using ideas from Steven Wilson's Red Hand of Doom
and Mystaran Civil War
, Karameikos will be busy with internal problems caused by the death of King Stefan.
* Thyatis and Darokin will be the main countries on the side of Law. What are the others up to? We have already adressed Glantri and Karameikos.
* Could this be the Golden Khan's chance to side with Chaos? Or, if Glantri sides with Chaos, perhaps he will join Thyatis?
* While Thyatis might initially wade through Ylaruam to stop the Orc forces, I see this as a good time for Barimoor to seize control of the Alasiyan Desert.
* I am wondering if a similarly dramatic conflict could also take place on the Savage Coast. Perhaps with Hule deciding to invade the Savage Baronies this time?
* The Northern Reaches might stay out of the war, but it depends on where their neighbours end up. Too good a chance for looting to miss out on?
* I would like to see the Dwarves of Rockhome get involved this time. Perhaps a Tolkien style Dwarf Elf alliance? Doesn't get more epic than that!
* While the Shadowelves of Aengmoor will be on the side of the Orcs, it would be interesting to see those loyal to Rafiel side with the surface races. For the Shadowelves, this will be a painful conflict then, with Shadowelf fighting against Shadowelf.
* And what about the Island Kingdoms? If we want a full scale war, it could be interesting to see Chaotic Pirates/Fire Mages take over Ierendi and have Ierendi vs. Minrothad naval action!