Artificers in Mystara?

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Gawain_VIII, Havard, Cthulhudrew

Arnden Quartzspar
Hobgoblin

Artificers in Mystara?

Post by Arnden Quartzspar »

I would like to know others opinions on using artificers in Mystara. I recently found a sidebar titled "Artificers in Other Worlds" in the new Artificer write up from Wizards. It specifically mentions Mystaran artificers. Do you/would you use them? And how do you?

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Re: Artificers in Mystara?

Post by RobJN »

Thorn's Mystara has artificers -- the initial writeup was a dwarven sub-class (like the dwarven cleric), but one could just as easily port it over to make it gnomish or human.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Arnden Quartzspar wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:32 am
I would like to know others opinions on using artificers in Mystara. I recently found a sidebar titled "Artificers in Other Worlds" in the new Artificer write up from Wizards. It specifically mentions Mystaran artificers. Do you/would you use them? And how do you?
Here is where people can download The Artificer Returns and here is what it says about Mystara:
Unearthed Arcana: Artificer wrote:Artificers in Other Worlds

<snip>...in Mystara, various nations employ artificers to keep airships and other wondrous devices operational.
So I think your question is: "Where are there airships and other wonderous devices that might need artificers to keep them working?"
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Sturm
Blue Dragon

Post by Sturm »

Alphatia would be appropriate for any kind of specialized wizard, and Glantri too.
Editor of Threshold, the Mystara Magazine: http://pandius.com/thrs_mag.html

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles »

Airships are found in several regions, though primarily in Alphatia (and Serraine, if you consider the Gnomish engineering as magic). Alfheim, Sind, Thyatis, the Heldannic Territories, Hike and Glantri also have aerial capability to some extent.
The Earthshakers and the Juggernauts are other constructs that would need this type of support.
G

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Depending on how you feel about Dwarf Artificers, I think those can be used to simulate the craftsmen working at the Forges of Power in Rockhome.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Return to “Mystara”