another week... another Glantrian project ahhaha

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Gawain_VIII, Havard, Cthulhudrew

micky
Cloud Giant

Re: another week... another Glantrian project ahhaha

Post by micky » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:33 pm

Cat memes are great when a simple welcome back isn't good enough :lol:

great to see you back, I was worried about you, in fact had been thinking of dropping a PM to the forum heads and see if they had heard from you. Yeah I've been a busy beaver, finally beginning to see the end of the tunnel here. I haven't touched the maps since we talked last, just did some tweaking to the Averoignian map but true to form I've found another side project rabbit hole to disappear into.

I looked back at my horribly amateurish attempts to map out towns (Braastar, and Erendyl) and discovered that urban map making program. I tried the freeware version of it and wasn't quite up to working standards so ordered the pay for play version. I am likely moving to mapping the named towns, and villages on the map, as well as moving on to doing a map of Metro Glantri City, the whole of it not just the center shown on the Gaz3 map.

I do hope to start wrapping things up this year and then turn my head to putting it all together and PDF'ing the baby into what this all seems to have become.. a campaign supplement to Gaz3 as well as an expansion to it.
He does not have a mandate. He does not have large congressional majorities. If a small minority in the Tea Party could stop President Obama, then we the majority can stop a petty tyrant named Trump

micky
Cloud Giant

Post by micky » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:46 pm

so with the completion of the unraveling of the d'Ambreville paradox pending any outside feedback or internal tweaks or improvements. moving on to the dedicated Glantrian Almanac. Doing up the pre Great War years at the moment which is adding in fandom events others had established, adding my own, and detailing Rad's moves prior to the outbreak of the war.

1000-1001 I did previously so now working on 1002-1005. 1002-1005 and then adding the broad strokes of WotI and filling in the details till I get to 1007 which if I've finished that gets imputed and if I haven't finished the Thar document that will be my cue to get back to cracking on that. Once that is done, back to the maps and writeups of the dominions bordering the broken lands (the only Gaz3 dominions I've yet to writeup) along with filling out the 1006 non canon dominions.

After that... we'll see.. The dominion writeups are all circa 1014. Yet since I started those, like 8 years ago, the addition of a dedicated Glantrian almanac up to (or perhaps including 1020) has come into play. either I'll go with getting all this put together and PDF'd it as is or go back through all the writeups and work in the events of the almanacs to the individual writeups and go with a 1020 themed work, rather than the originally planned 1014 work.
He does not have a mandate. He does not have large congressional majorities. If a small minority in the Tea Party could stop President Obama, then we the majority can stop a petty tyrant named Trump

Robin
Storm Giant

Post by Robin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Dear Micky.
If you (ever) read this...
Know we have not forgotten you.
Your sudden dissapearance seems to bode nothing well
so I think my words here count for the most here...

"Whatever happened, we wish you the best and a good return"

Taken all your words into account, I am working on something I know you would like.

Best wishes, take care and take heed.
On all the paths, health andwisdom you'll need.

Greets
Robin
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)
My personal Mystara Blog;http://breathofmystara.blogspot.nl/

Robin
Storm Giant

Post by Robin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Some information I compiled and stored without sharing spawned from making the Ethengar NW map which In my opinion makes the work of Micky much more complete...Even if he's not here, his spirit brought a seed that still grows. All from the Fusion of Micky's information(see links below) and Betti's map

The map I created on this compiled source of Information.

https://www.deviantart.com/6inchnails/a ... -769569263

most East Glantri)
I infused and used information from the following sources.
Tschernovodsk FPviewtopic.php?f=3&t=2331&start=25#p29427

Mongolia Viscountyviewtopic.php?f=3&t=2331&start=25#p29544

Blofeld viscountyviewtopic.php?f=3&t=2331&start=25#p29803

Skullhorn FPviewtopic.php?f=3&t=2331&start=25#p29861

Bramyra Principalityviewtopic.php?f=3&t=2331&start=25#p29913

Glenargyl countyviewtopic.php?f=3&t=2331&start=25#p30155

Additional information
Kaschgar (225) on the Trans- Boldavia Bramya Highway, is not the only Village in the east of Tschernovodsk FP.
The following additional villages exist too.
These are mostly small farming communities, often with a single constebulary, with 3 farmers/or magic adept citizens called in as back-up force. There is rarely anything of importance within these small villages.
Names are taken from Betti's Map, Population estimated . Extra information as by combination of Betti's map information and personal input, continuing Micky's information going north to south.

Lesnou (55) on the Trans- Boldavia Bramya Highway,
Mansurovo(67) on the Trans- Boldavia Bramya Highway, Mediocre trail to Fort Chatimsk in the Bulgur Pass west, Mediocre trail east to watchtower 5, and the ruined village Putian
Putian (ruin) plundered and ransacked by Ethengerians in 998AC, abondoned as result. The Witch in the Putian Woods is still wandering the ruins to collect fallen body parts. Rumoured that either a Fleshgolem is created or she desires to become a Hag...nothing confimed, other than that she is not evil as of yet.
Estonarsk (as mentioned in Micky's information, Watchtower 5 is also called Ponte Tower. Mediocre trail north to Village ruin Putian.
Sescha (90) In the Kugulta Valley, mediocre trail to Ozerp North, mediocre trail to Kugulta south
Kugulta (110) in the Kugulta valley, along the Elkom Creek. Direct mediocre trail to Fort Chatimsk in the Bulgur Pass east, mediocre trail north to Sescha north
Fort Chatimsk (200) mediocre trail to Satu Mare, and a mediocre trail to Mansurova
Satu Mare (70) mediocre trail to fort Chatimsak west, and Estoniarsk East. name equal to its most famous tavern/butchery; Satu Mare (salted Horse) known for its horse meat recipies and sausages
Ut (45), this was formerly a camp, in 10010 has become a fortified village. mediocre trail to Kugulta nnorth, and bad trail south to Aendrilond, and Viscounty of Mongolia.
Aendrilond (135) mainly elven. bad trail nort to Ut and mediocre trail to Pastense Viscounty of Mongolia, bad trail south to and southeast to Trans Boldavian Highway. Most elves here are Belcadizan relocated elves , discontent with the current politics in Belcadiz. Also many halfelves live here of Belcadizian/other background.
Colonia (Ruin)plundered and ransacked by Ethengerians in 996AC, abondoned as result.
Camp Colonia(50)Military Camp to protect from further Ethegnerian incursions
Turquoise Tower (110)Military keep to protect from further Ethengerian incursions
New Colonia (180)Survivors of Colonia with new members recreated this village further inland in 1000AC in fear of the vile Ethengars. Ethengar fear and hatred is high here. Most if not all have family members and loved ones lost.
Froof (Ruin)plundered and ransacked by Ethengerians in 999AC, abondoned as result.
Longsheng(Ruin)plundered and ransacked by Ethengerians in 997AC, abondoned as result.
Jakar Castle(Ruin)plundered and ransacked by Ethengerians in 995AC, abondoned as result.
Kaschgar (see above)
Ceplenita(75) Similar to Kaschar, but much smaller. Has no market
Vladomira(90) Similar to Kaschar, but much smaller. Has no market
Xayar(ruin)plundered and ransacked by Ethengerians in 991AC, abondoned as result.
Sarsdell (190), on the Trans- Boldavia Bramyra Highway, A village similar to Kaschar, with a market, 3 constebulary, stronghouse, and well-visited tavern. Location start of the Ghost of Lion Castle adventure. (suggested trail chosen is marked in orange dots on the map)
Rock Tower (55)Military keep to protect from further Ethengerian incursions

There are also several Hamlets. Settlements of less than 30 inhabitants.
These have rarely a name, and if mentioned they are often related to the "Hamlet of the family (insert family Head name)", for example "Hamlet of Oscar van Beuningen", these are not registered on the map.
Ruined/abandoned hamlets also exist, these have rarely a name, and even if they had such this is also not registered on the map.

Micky...if you read this or not....I hope you like it...it is done in your spirit :halo:
Last edited by Robin on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Deviantart page; http://6inchnails.deviantart.com/ For Mystara hexmaps and Fantasy art (to see all fantasy art; enter and declare you are an adult...frigging exposure rules)

Greenbrier
Goblin

Post by Greenbrier » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:26 pm

Great to see some more info in this thread and about Glantri, thanks Robin! Wishing Micky the best, wherever he is.

Robin
Storm Giant

Post by Robin » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Thanx Greenbrier ;) ...Someone had to take the glove, and continue :geek: ...As I already worked with Micky, I know somewhat more on his work and intentions. And as my work overlaps many of his intended or existing regions I had to bring it up here too. :ugeek:
Probably more will come up later. :o

Yes I miss Micky too.. :( as if I have lost a faraway friend..hope the best for him too. :halo:

Return to “Mystara”