[Thorn's Chronicle Crunch]TC1: "The Baron's Favor"

Weird red metals, dominions, immortals, hollow planets, invisible moons, and a lot of glorified magic zeppelins. It's all here.
The Book-House: Find Mystara products, Find Known World products.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, Gawain_VIII, Havard, Cthulhudrew

What do you think?

OK
7%
Yeah
4%
Yes!
46%
YES!!
29%
Maybe?
No votes
Not really my players' thing
4%
Feed it to the black pudding.
No votes
Don't be cruel to the pudding. Just burn it.
7%
Other (tell us what you really think below!)
4%

Total votes: 28

RobJN
Dire Flumph

[Thorn's Chronicle Crunch]TC1: "The Baron's Favor"

Post by RobJN » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:35 am

So, with no further ado, I bring you...

The back cover blurb:
TC1: The Baron's Favor wrote: Another girl gone missing! Three in one month, from Threshold alone, with more reports of abductions coming from the outlying farmsteads, and as far away as Verge and Elton’s Spring.

The Townguard is stretched to its limit, what with the doubling of the patrols, house-to-house searches, and search parties along the Market Way, as well as up and down the Windrush Road.

Vampires, some say. Goblins, say others. Yet there is no sign of forced entry. No signs of struggle: just an open window and an empty bed.

And now the notices, posted on every inn and tavern door, and shouted from every corner of the Market square by the criers:

“His Lordship the Baron Sherlane Halaran hereby offers reward to those willing to undertake a mission of utmost urgency. Inquire at Tarnskeep, no later than noontide.”

This adventure requires either the D&D Basic set or Rules Cyclopedia to play. For 2 to 6 PCs of levels 1 -3
Catchy? Would you buy it, based on the blurb?

Ongoing development notes and an eventual link to the finished 'product' will be headquartered here.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Dave L
Storm Giant

Re: [Thorn's Chronicle Crunch]TC1: "The Baron's Favor"

Post by Dave L » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:22 pm

I like it, but only voted for 1 exclamation mark - it's that British reserve, I'm afraid. :)

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:15 pm

I'd buy two copies! :)

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Good blurb. And investigative adventures are always nice to see :)

GP

Hugin
Messenger of Odin

Post by Hugin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:36 pm

agathokles wrote:Good blurb. And investigative adventures are always nice to see :)

GP
My thoughts exactly! I like it when the players don't really know what they'll be facing at the onset. :twisted:

BotWizo
Wizard

Post by BotWizo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:49 pm

I voted yes.
I would play it with gusto since now having kids this scenario would bother me.
Game over man... Game over! -- Pvt. Hudson

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:50 pm

Well, now I guess I have to get this adventure written :)
Rob
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.

Azaghal
Green Dragon

Post by Azaghal » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:34 am

RobJN wrote:Well, now I guess I have to get this adventure written :)
Indeed you most certainly should!! Yes!!!
Sean "Azaghal" Pennington

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:15 pm

So, in laying out plot strings, I realized a few things, and had to check some resources.

Ya'll remember that adventure from 1991, "The Eye of Traldar"? In it, Carl Sargent puts forward that the Eye is stolen from the Lake of Lost Dreams by agents of the Iron Ring. "The Baron's Favor" posits that the Black Eagle gains the gem by other means:

More 'teaser' from the Introduction:
The Baron's Favor, Introduction wrote:At first glance, the players may dismiss this as a simple “go into the dungeon and rescue the damsel in distress” mission -- and that is correct. But there are ten damsels and two dungeons; goblins and kobolds; a wizard and his ogre bodyguards. And a treasure that ended one war millennia ago…. but could well rekindle it in the current age.

Among some of the ‘collateral’ seized by the Black Eagle’s tax collectors was a cache of ancient scrolls from a shopkeeper in Luln. Ludwig ordered them burned, but Bargle was able to save much from the baron’s bonfires. Having plenty of time to root over the books as he waited for the Black Eagle’s displeasure to fade, the wizard found that some of the scrolls detailed the final days of King Halav. They speak of a dark stone lit by fire within that allowed Queen Petra to foresee Halav’s fate. The woodcut illustrations are consistent in their depiction of the stone in the hands of a girl by Petra’s side, gowned in white, with shining hair and eyes. Bargle has dubbed the girl (or girls, the manuscripts are unclear as to the number) “Petra’s Handmaiden.” They alone were able to lay hands on the stone -- others who touched it met terrible fates (again, not described in any detail in the manuscripts). Bargle believes the stone to be none other than the legendary Eye of the Traldar.

The Black Eagle’s wizard has narrowed the Eye’s location to one of two possible places: either the beastman treasure vaults beneath the Black Peaks, or Gygar’s treasury, deep beneath the ruins of Mistamere. He has kidnapped a number of girls matching the description of Petra’s handmaiden, in the hopes that one of them is a descendant of the girl in the manuscripts.
I've decided to "de-Thorn-ize" a few of the tighter-wound bits of Thorn's Chronicle Mystara in order for other prospective DMs to more easily fit the module into their own campaigns.

Now, if you'd rather just see the "plain ol' " version, and make your own conversions, let me know ;)
Rob

Chimpman
Hadozee

Post by Chimpman » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:26 pm

First off, I agree with the others. I'd love to see this product get written!
RobJN wrote:I've decided to "de-Thorn-ize" a few of the tighter-wound bits of Thorn's Chronicle Mystara in order for other prospective DMs to more easily fit the module into their own campaigns.

Now, if you'd rather just see the "plain ol' " version, and make your own conversions, let me know ;)
Hmmm... not sure. When you say de-Thorn-ize, what portions are you talking about specifically? I know you bring some elements from other sources into your story (the Silver Flame, demonic possessions, Jordon-like magic, etc), which might be harder for a mainstream Mystaran DM (if there is such a thing) to use as-is.

On the other hand, I really like some of those mechanics and might be willing to integrate some of them into a Mystaran campaign myself. Some might be easier to integrate than others however - though it's probably all going to be based on DM preference.

Which way would it be easier for you to write? If you write it fully Thorn-ized, maybe you could provide a page or 2 on conversions that could be used.
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:50 am

The differences between the Mystara of Thorn's Chronicle and the baseline can be a bit extreme.

The Bargle of Thorn's Chronicle is not a magic user (yet!), but a thief. Yes, he styles himself as a bard, but the man couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle, and he had a charmed ogre to do the lifting. :D

And speaking of charms, magic that affects the mind directly (charm person, ESP, confusion) no longer exists on Thorn's Mystara -- not without serious consequences for the magic user casting the spell(s). This actually makes the "how" behind parts of Bargle's scheme a bit tricker to pull off in the "Thorn-ized" version than what I have roughed out for the "baseline" version of the adventure.

In re-thinking the "why would Bargle need the girls" bit of the adventure and stumbling upon the handmaiden of Petra/Eye of Traldar hook, I think I've killed two birds with one stone (pardon the pun) -- Bargle had simply been looking for girls resembling Silva for some time before ever encountering her at Highdell. He is just as surprised as everyone else when he discovers she goes back much further in the timeline when she produces the coinage bearing Uther's profile.

So it's bits of give and take with regards to "which version is easier to write." Some parts are easier to write for the Baseline Mystara, others are easier if you run with the plot and history behind the Mystara of Thorn's Chronicle.

Either way I do the write up, sidebars or appendices for converting one incarnation of Mystara to the other are definitely going to be included. My thought is a "baseline" version would be of more use to the community at large.

So, community at large, what do the rest of ya'll think? "Thorn-ized" or baseline out of the gate? I'm working out both in tandem, so it's not really a burden for me as far as extra work.
Rob

Chimpman
Hadozee

Post by Chimpman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:23 am

I'd go baseline out of the gate - I agree it's probably going to be of more use to others. I'd definitely like to see the Thorn-ized conversion notes though, because I think there are a lot of great usable ideas in there.
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

mister c
Ogre

Post by mister c » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Given the inclusion (or hint of) the Eye of Traldar this would be a must for me to work into my 'Eyes of Traldar' campaign.
Want.....Please......Beg....

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:32 pm

Baron Sherlane Halaran looks older than his nearly sixty years. His blue eyes are bright, but smudged beneath with dark circles. He paces before his desk, hands clasped behind his back for some time after the adventurers file into his study. You can read or paraphrase the baron’s briefing below:
“Yes, thank you for coming. Please, be seated. I will make this brief.” He waves a hand absently towards the semicircle of chairs before his desk.

“As you have no doubt heard, a third girl has gone missing from town. Alissa lives not three blocks from the Market district, two from the Temple square. Gone, from the middle of town, in the middle of the night.

“I fear that magic is involved. My every attempt to use my own magic to root out the cause of these abductions has either met with flat out failure or blatant misdirection. However, in the past few hours, I have managed to piece together several clues.”

The baron reaches into the pouch at his belt and pulls out a silver pendant, which swings and turns from a slender sliver chain.

“Trappers in the Black Woods found this on a goblin that had stumbled into one of their snares. Two of the families recognize it as a pendant their daughters had scrimped and saved coppers to purchase in the past few weeks.

“The other bit of information comes from traders come south from Highdell. They camped along the bluffs below the ruins of Mistamere, and reported seeing lights and hearing voices in the night. At the time, they thought it the ghosts that are rumored to haunt that place. I have had men watching those ruins for the past few nights, and each night, they reported seeing lights.

“The town watch is already on high alert, and I have every available man working double shifts, patrolling the streets, as well as the roads to the outlying farms. I need able-bodied, trustworthy adventurers to venture farther afield, to investigate Gygar’s fortress, as well as the clues pointing towards the Black Woods, which can only mean activity in the Old Caves. Once I know what is going on there, I can allocate more resources to take action, but for now, I have my hands full just keeping the townfolk’s fears from boiling over.

“I will personally see to any healing you might need while you do this service for the barony. If there is anything else you need, please let me know and I will do my best to ensure that you have it, if it is within my power.”
The baron has most provisions listed in chapter four of the Rules Cyclopedia available in town, and gives each PC a writ of 150 gold pieces to spend, should they desire to upgrade their equipment. The baron will loan the PCs riding horses from his own stable if they do not have mounts of their own, though they may wish to travel by foot to search for clues along the way to either the caves or ruins.

Whichever the PCs choose to investigate first, another group of adventurers will take up the trail to the second location. This NPC party should be of an equivalent makeup of the PCs.
The ruins of Gygar’s castle Mistamere are approximately an hour’s hike from Tarnskeep. The Old Caves are about two and a half to three hours from town.
Event 1: A Warning wrote: A lone figure shares the trail with you, coming from the opposite direction. The hazy figure resolves into a brown-robed figure, a long beard a few shades darker than the hood from which it tumbles. He walks slowly, but with purpose, leaning heavily on a wooden staff another few hands taller than he.

He does not look up as he draws nearer, the shuffle of his step and the thump of his staff do not slow as he passes.

“Trouble ahead,” he says, nodding back the way he came. “Best be careful, if you continue. Better if you just turn back now.”
The man is gone when the PCs turn around to reply.
Rob

Chimpman
Hadozee

Post by Chimpman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:42 pm

I really like this so far Rob!

Do you have any rules set in mind as you write this, or are you going to keep things fairly rules neutral?
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Chimpman wrote:I really like this so far Rob!

Do you have any rules set in mind as you write this, or are you going to keep things fairly rules neutral?
TC1 is being nominally written in BEMCI/RC, but light on the stats for ease of porting to other systems. I have some "background" material in the works for an Alternity conversion, but if anybody wants to do 3.x or even 4th edition, or anything not-D&D, I'd be happy to work with third parties for conversion.
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Also, a question, for the moderators:

Is this too much of a "project," and trodding on the toes of the general purpose of the board? Don't want to clog it up unnecessarily. :oops:
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Part 1: The Road North

The centuries have taken their toll on the keep, all that is left of Gygar’s legendary kingdom. It hunkers, sagging, against the cliff face stretching up into the Black Peaks.
Mistamere huddles upon a broad shelf at the base of the Black Peaks. The trail turns away from the lake and winds up towards the gaping archway that once held the fortress gates. The wall has collapsed upon itself beside the shell of the leftmost tower, leaving a rubble-strewn gap some ten feet wide.
The Keep's Walls
The PCs can go through the main archway without any problems. It opens to the broad courtyard surrounding the crumbling keep. It is still paved over, but weeds run rampant through the seams between the flagstones.

The rubble filling the gap is about waist-high. The blocks and debris are too large to actually move by hand, and must be climbed over. This will cause several blocks to shift, releasing 1d4 giant centipedes that had been sheltering in the nooks and crannies. Any PC bitten while upon the rubble will need to make a Dexterity check (with any penalties for the centipedes’ poison!) or tumble from the pile, landing in a heap on the other side. (No damage taken from the fall, but PCs must spend their movement regaining their feet)

The Keep Exterior
Double doors of dark and pitted wood still stand in the keep’s main doorway, flanked by tall windows. Any glass within them is long gone, and the remains of shutters of the same dark wood can be seen peeking from within.
Sections of the wall have collapsed to the far right and left of the main doorway, but nothing can be seen stirring within. More gaps in the wall can be seen around the left and right sides of the keep.
The gaps in the wall, like those in the curtain wall, are mostly piles of broken stone and timbers about waist-high and have to be clambered over. The gap leading into room 13 is nearly chest-high, and the opening above it barely wide enough for a grown man to wriggle through. PCs trying to shimmy through that gap will have to shed backpacks. Atop the pile of rubble, jammed up against the northern section of wall and partially hidden in shadow is a worn leather sack. Though old, it has not been there long, based on the lack of dust or debris atop it.

The sack contains a silver dagger in a jewel-encrusted sheath (moonstones, opals, and rubies, 175gpv); wrapped in oilcloth is a delicate silver circlet, a lace-like pattern of impossibly intricate silver threads revolving around three large moonstones set along the front (500gpv)

Conditions are shadowy in the rooms around the keep’s crumbling walls, as the sun peeks through the gaps in the walls. but does not penetrate very far into the gloom. The interior rooms are dark, requiring the PCs to bring their own light source. Except for the ironwood main doors and dining table and chairs, the rest of the mostly-wooden furnishings are either aged to heaps of splinters, or fall to pieces if disturbed.

The few wall hangings left are threadbare, moth-eaten, any pictures they might have once displayed long worn away by time.

A group of four kobolds skulk through the first floor ruins, searching for one of the girls, who has escaped the dungeons below and huddles in the fireplace in room 7, behind the broken timbers and rubble that have fallen in from the floor above.

If the PCs engage in combat, or make too much noise in their own search of the castle, they will draw the attention of the search party. Three of the kobolds will engage the PCs (from ambush if possible) while the third makes its way back down to the dungeon to rouse reinforcements, which arrive 5d6 rounds later.
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:01 pm

The Keep’s Interior
Room 1: Entry Hall
Long-neglected hinges squeal as you push through the great ironwood doors, though they give more easily than one would expect. There are traces in the inch-thick dust on the floor that these doors have been opened fairly recently.
The cold wind of the late season sighs through the tall, broken windows high on either side of the main doors, and cobwebs toss in the breeze like the tattered remains of curtains. The room is largely bare, save for moldering piles of wood and cloth that may have at one time been furnishings. Now it looks closer to heaps of nesting material.

A simple glance at the floor reveals many sets of footprints leading through the center of the room, to the door opposite the main double doors. Tracking checks enable PCs to guess that small, shoed feet, as well as smaller claw-toed feet are mixed together, several sets of each overlapping. The clawed tracks lead both directions, while those of the small, slippered or shoed feet only lead deeper into the ruins.

Thieves making Hear Noise checks will hear a faint rustling sound coming from the doorway to the west. As the PCs pass through that threshold, make a check for any PCs with the Danger Sense skill, informing them of a prickling warning of danger in the next room.

Room 2: West Hall
This musty chamber is home to more moldering wooden furniture and little else. The floor is discolored directly beneath a ragged hole in the ceiling, a result of countless seasons of weather. A dust-choked fireplace sits against the north wall.
A giant bat nests in the ruins above this room, and investigates any disturbances.

Sounds of combat will draw the attention of the kobold search party, arriving four rounds after combat begins, if the party has not already encountered them.

A pair of silver teaspoons, covered with tarnish and grime lie under the remains of a small table in the southeast corner of the room. They could fetch 10 or 20 gold pieces apiece, once cleaned up.

Room 3: West Hall Storage
Two great holes gape in the west and southern walls, the ceiling sagging. The far corner has buckled, barely holding up the ceiling. Someone (or something) has braced the wall with broken timbers, but it looks to be a hasty job, one that won’t last the next storm, or the weight of next winter’s snows.
Besides broken stone, dirt, and timbers, there is nothing of interest in this room.

Room 4: East Hall
Four broken chairs surround a table which stands on two of its legs. A cold, debris-choked chimney sits in the center of the room’s north wall.
Room 5: East Hall Storage
Stacks of crates and several large barrels line the northern wall of this room. While they appear old, they are definitely not from Gygar’s age. Leaves skitter in the stiff breeze from the large hole along the eastern wall.
A Knowledge check reveals brandings of the Darokin merchant houses on the sides of several crates. The barrels bear markings of several well-known brewers from Rugulov village. The DM is free to develop this as another possible side adventure, either tying it in to Bargle’s doings around Karameikos, or it could be the work of another band of robbers entirely.

Room 6: Hallway
Rubbish and rubble line the walls of this broad hallway. Heavy-looking double doors stand closed on the north wall, made of the same stone-like wood as the keep’s main doors.
It is clear from the dust on the floor that the tracks leading north from Room 1 turn to the east, here. These are all jumbled amidst the back-and-forth tracks of the claw-toed kobold feet. A Tracking check allows the PCs to tell that the criss-crossing kobold tracks are the freshest. A second Tracking check (if the first is successful) reveals a lone pair of slipper tracks leading towards Room 7. The tracks are spaced at a run.

Room 7: West Guest Quarters
The dust on the floor of this room has been severely disturbed, recently, as much of it hangs in the air, making breathing difficult.

A moldering four-poster bed sags against the west wall, daylight-lit rooms visible beyond the doors to either side of it. A rubble-choked fireplace sits on the south wall.
PCs searching the room will come across Jasna, hiding in a hollow in the ruined fireplace, covered loosely by a couple of rotting wooden planks. When the PCs remove the planking, she lashes out with Keenshear, a silver dagger +1. A thumb-sized ruby is set in the dagger’s pommel. The dagger is also enchanted so it never needs sharpening.
Jasna Morozovna T:1
Str: 8 Int: 10 Wis: 11
Dex: 16 Con: 9 Ch: 13
Armor Class: 7 (Dx) hp: 4
OL: 15 F/RT: 10 CW: 87 MS: 20 HS: 10 PP: 20 HN: 30
General Skills: Art (drawing), Gambling, Escape, Storytelling
Weapon Mastery: Dagger (Sk)
Alignment: Neutral
Jasna is small for her twelve years, standing just 4’9”(145 cm). She wears her golden hair shoulder length, though it is in need of a trimming, as she constantly has to blow it from her bright blue eyes.
Despite her age, she has already started a career adventuring, having explored Mistamere on several other occasions.

The southmost doorway leads to a closet once shared between rooms 7 and 3, the back wall of which has crumbled. Jasna can sketch a map of the first dungeon level for the PCs, if they show her kindness. She will also warn them of the giant rats in the closet between rooms 5 and 9. (“Big as Old Seth’s guard dogs, they are, and twice as mean!”)

Room 8: Western Corridor and Stairway
The interior wall, weakened by the collapse of the outer keep walls to either side, has fallen inward, completely filling the stairway.
It is painfully obvious to any Dwarf that the rubble is highly unstable, and any attempt to remove it from the stairway is futile without a small army of engineers and tunnel-shapers.

Room 9: Eastern Guest Quarters
This room is decorated much like Room 7. The floor, however, is still thick with dust, which is riddled with tracks, all leading towards the northernmost doorway, and then down the stairwell Dungeon Level 1, Room XX

Room 10: Eastern Corridor and Stairway
The hallway splits here, leading off to another doorway to the north, or forking south to a stairwell leading down into deeper darkness.
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm

With a bit of reworking, renumbering, and liberal use of copy-pasta, I am pleased to announce that the first level of the first section of Adventure Module TC1: The Baron's Favor is complete.

I've decided to use what I'm calling the "Alternity format" for adventure setup: After the Background and Overview, the adventure location is all laid out at the beginning of the module, with a thumbnail description of the rooms -- what the PCs would see at first glance. This is followed by encounter notes for each room -- what the PCs can interact with, be it a monster, trap, or NPC.

I've purposefully left out creature stats, as you can find those in your copies of the Basic Rulebooks or the Rules Cyclopedia.

There is one "whoopsie" there at the beginning, outlining the Giant Centipede encounter in the keep's walls. This should have been replaced with Giant Centipede stats from the Basic Rulebook/RC.

... okay, I left it in there to also pique curiosity for the Alternity version of the adventure, which I've also got on hand.

You can download the PDF here, at the main Thorn's Chronicle web page. (That's it, down at the very bottom)

Still to do:
  • Stock levels 2 and 3, Beneath Mistamere
  • Map and stock the Old Caves west of town
  • Name and place the rest of the missing girls
  • Compile Appendix 1: Things She Said...
  • Compile Appendix 2: Full Conversion to Thorn's Mystara
I look forward to any feedback you may have to help me further refine my work. :D
Last edited by RobJN on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Mon May 30, 2011 1:35 am

Just wanted to post a quick notice here to anybody following this thread to let you know I've updated module TC1 with Appendices 1a and 1b, detailing the ten girls Bargle has kidnapped, and the bits and pieces of knowledge they can impart to the PCs.

The updated PDF can be downloaded here.

I can also provide the file in a private email, if you'd rather get it that way. Just PM me.

As always, any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated.
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Good News:
Finished work on the first dungeon level beneath Mistamere. (Two levels down, one to go)

Still to do:
Mistamere Dungeon Level 2
Old Caves, Beastman outpost and Nithian catacombs.
Placement of the damsels in distress
Villain stats

I did the work using the Alternity system, as it's been a while since I did anything (and this is the first real fantasy write up I've done). Conversion to BECMI stats is simply a matter of substituting monsters and traps from the Basic DM's book.

See theback cover mockup Alternity version of Section 1:Beneath Mistamere here!
Last edited by RobJN on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:07 pm

The mockup is very good. I'm looking forward to the final work!

G.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:57 pm

agathokles wrote:The mockup is very good. I'm looking forward to the final work!

G.
Now I just hope the work is of the same (or better) caliber....
Rob

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:52 pm

RobJN wrote:Good News:
Finished work on the first dungeon level beneath Mistamere. (Two levels down, one to go)

Still to do:
Mistamere Dungeon Level 2
Old Caves, Beastman outpost and Nithian catacombs.
Placement of the damsels in distress
Villain stats

I did the work using the Alternity system, as it's been a while since I did anything (and this is the first real fantasy write up I've done). Conversion to BECMI stats is simply a matter of substituting monsters and traps from the Basic DM's book.

See the back cover mockup here!
You can download the first section of the adventure from that same page, now. Keep in mind that it is published for the Alternity system. I'm still working on the BECMI retrofit, but want to wait until the second section ("The Old Caves") is finished and the Thorn's Chronicle conversion notes are in place, as promised in the "back cover copy":

Rob

Return to “Mystara”