Forge Lore

Published 2000 & 2003.
The Book-House: Find 3.0 Edition products, Find 3.5 Edition products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Kylun
Orc

Forge Lore

Post by Kylun » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:24 am

A fighter's Forge Lore ability, does the fighter need the Craft Magic Arms and Armor creation feat, or does Forge Lore replace this?
"All of my accomplishments have been by my own hand, my failures my own undoing. No one, not man nor god has dictated my fate."

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: Forge Lore

Post by Angel Tarragon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:11 pm

Kylun wrote:A fighter's Forge Lore ability, does the fighter need the Craft Magic Arms and Armor creation feat, or does Forge Lore replace this?
Could you possibly let us know what the sourcebook is that you are getting this from? It sure as heck isn't in the PHB.
Tarragonverse Index

Reading
Book/Novel: Back To The Future III novelization
RPG Reading: Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos

RPG Projects
Codename: Eternals (Pathfinder Kitbash, Multiple settings premise)
Codename: Trinity (One solar system with three inhabitated and Earth-like worlds in the Goldilocks zone / Codename: Eternals system, but none of the three worlds are connected to the Codename: Eternals setting)

Khedrac
Ostego

Post by Khedrac » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:50 pm

A quick bit of web searching makes it look as if this is from the "Tome Fighter" class from D&D Wiki - i.e. it is homebrew.

Looking at it, it looks as if it is designed to replace the need for the crafting feats, howver the way it is worded it merely supplies the "Caster Lvel" pre-requisite for the feats and any items being created thus one does still need the feats.

In general D&D Wiki is regarded as "worth avoiding" as it is bad at labelling homebrew and the homebrew is of very variable quality.
"If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might just be a crow".

Kylun
Orc

Post by Kylun » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:20 pm

Damn, sorry guys my bad! I never picked up the 3.5 or Pathfinder and thought it was an addition from one of those sources. Sorry, didn't realize it was homebrew!

Sooooo, yeah...let's just forget I asked. ;)
"All of my accomplishments have been by my own hand, my failures my own undoing. No one, not man nor god has dictated my fate."

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Khedrac wrote:A quick bit of web searching makes it look as if this is from the "Tome Fighter" class from D&D Wiki - i.e. it is homebrew.
This?: Fighter, Tome (3.5e Class)
Kylun wrote:Damn, sorry guys my bad! I never picked up the 3.5 or Pathfinder and thought it was an addition from one of those sources. Sorry, didn't realize it was homebrew!

Sooooo, yeah...let's just forget I asked. ;)
Well there's no rule against discussing homebrew rules at The Piazza. So if you did want to try to figure out what the author of that page was trying to do, that would be fine. ;)

It looks like this is part of a fanon sourcebook called: Races of War (3.5e Sourcebook). And that seems to have some non-standard ideas about Feats. That has a section called The Failure of Feats. So I'm guessing that the Fighter, Tome is to written by somebody who dislikes ordinary Feats.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Big Mac wrote:It looks like this is part of a fanon sourcebook called: Races of War (3.5e Sourcebook). And that seems to have some non-standard ideas about Feats.
Huh. I hadn't heard of that one.
Tarragonverse Index

Reading
Book/Novel: Back To The Future III novelization
RPG Reading: Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos

RPG Projects
Codename: Eternals (Pathfinder Kitbash, Multiple settings premise)
Codename: Trinity (One solar system with three inhabitated and Earth-like worlds in the Goldilocks zone / Codename: Eternals system, but none of the three worlds are connected to the Codename: Eternals setting)

Return to “D&D 3rd Edition”