Unofficial Stronghold Builder's Guidebook errata?

Published 2000 & 2003.
The Book-House: Find 3.0 Edition products, Find 3.5 Edition products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Unofficial Stronghold Builder's Guidebook errata?

Post by Big Mac » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:12 pm

The DMs Guild page for Stronghold Builders Guidebook (3e) says that there are errors in the book that were never corrected by official errata:
Shannon Appelcline at DMs Guild wrote:Whoops! Unfortunately, there are some discrepancies in the pricing of items in the Stronghold Builders Guidebook. Sometime item prices differ between the book's text and its tables, and sometimes between individual items and clusters. No errata was ever issued, though 100 gp is known to be the right price for a 10x10' wall (not 600 gp, as is suggested at another place in the next). Otherwise, be aware that clusters may not have totaled the prices of their parts up correctly.
I know that some people (like Tim Emrick) make errata, for things that don't have their own official errata, so I went and had a search for unofficial errata for this book, but couldn't find anything...except people asking if there was errata for this book.

I would really like to find errata that I could link to from the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook article on the Book-House on The Piazza. So if anyone knows of anybody who has worked out some or all of the errors in the text and tables in this book, I'd really like to know about it.

Failing that, would anyone be interested in doing something similar to a "Let's Read" to try to find the mistakes in the book and explore possible solutions?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

valis
Goblin

Re: Unofficial Stronghold Builder's Guidebook errata?

Post by valis » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:27 pm

I'm interested in this.

Even if the errata isn't found, I'd be willing to work on a Read Through and discussion.

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Sorry, I don't own this one.
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:14 pm

valis wrote:Even if the errata isn't found, I'd be willing to work on a Read Through and discussion.
I suppose there could be some fan errata out there, but the only thing I was finding was people asking about errata.

I'll have to look around and see if I own a copy of this.
timemrick wrote:Sorry, I don't own this one.
Thanks for checking Tim.

It's almost worth having a "Tim Emrick Errata Patreon" where people buy you RPG books they want you to check for errata. ;)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:53 am

Big Mac wrote:It's almost worth having a "Tim Emrick Errata Patreon" where people buy you RPG books they want you to check for errata. ;)
They would have to pay pretty well for my time, too. ;) It takes a while to vet something like this in any depth. And books I actually use in my own games get a much more thorough treatment--including updates when I find more stuff to comment on. (Also, I'm a bit rusty on 3E these days, having switched over to PF and 5E a few years ago.)
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:31 pm

I have this book (both physically and in PDF, one of only three or four books like that), but I haven't gone through it with this level of detail.

Return to “D&D 3rd Edition”