Troll comments about designers: Was: Aaron Allston on Wikipe

Troll posts and threads that deserve to die will be moved here, instead of being deleted. This way, they will be preserved for administrative review later.
MPA
Ogre

Troll comments about designers: Was: Aaron Allston on Wikipe

Post by MPA » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:45 am

MODERATOR NOTE (by Big Mac): The following troll posts have been pulled from the Aaron Allston on Wikipedia thread. (Allen Varney's post is only here, because it is part of the off-topic stuff caused by this first post.)

I've already posted several times on this and the other message board that I have spoken directly, via email, with Aaron and he does NOT remember anything from his work on the Immortals.

He and TSR did not leave each other on the best of terms and I believe he has pretty much left everything TSR related packed up in a dumpster in the back of his mind.

In other words, the only thing we can ever hope to get from Aaron is his past and nothing else. So we might as well stop hoping.
-----
My PC is the Celestial level Immortal Krull, "Patron to all Chaotic humans, especially warriors".
I use the rules based on the RC and WoTI.

Allen Varney
Bugbear

Re: Aaron Allston on Wikipedia

Post by Allen Varney » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:13 pm

MPA wrote:He and TSR did not leave each other on the best of terms and I believe he has pretty much left everything TSR related packed up in a dumpster in the back of his mind.
I believe this allegation is false or, at best, misleading. Aaron Allston has never once spoken to me of any problems with TSR, save for the long stretch when they weren't paying anybody.

With a couple of minor exceptions decades back, Aaron remains on good terms with almost every client for whom he has worked -- at least those that still exist.
-- Allen Varney
Twitter: AllenVarney | http://www.allenvarney.com | http://bundleofholding.com

MPA
Ogre

Re: Aaron Allston on Wikipedia

Post by MPA » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Allen Varney wrote:
MPA wrote:He and TSR did not leave each other on the best of terms and I believe he has pretty much left everything TSR related packed up in a dumpster in the back of his mind.
I believe this allegation is false or, at best, misleading. Aaron Allston has never once spoken to me of any problems with TSR, save for the long stretch when they weren't paying anybody.

With a couple of minor exceptions decades back, Aaron remains on good terms with almost every client for whom he has worked -- at least those that still exist.
It's not an exact quote, but from an interview where I read it this is what was inferred. So it isn't an allegation if it is on paper. How about choosing your words wisely or attempt to use the PM feature in the future?

MPA is taking a week's holiday. Somewhere tropical he can relax and unwind, perhaps. Also, it's not very nice to bait world famous game designers.
-----
My PC is the Celestial level Immortal Krull, "Patron to all Chaotic humans, especially warriors".
I use the rules based on the RC and WoTI.

Return to “The Black Pudding”