Edition War 4E (split from: Are you going to buy the intro b

Troll posts and threads that deserve to die will be moved here, instead of being deleted. This way, they will be preserved for administrative review later.
rabindranath72
White Dragon

Edition War 4E (split from: Are you going to buy the intro b

Post by rabindranath72 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Hugin wrote: I just can't help but be impressed with the good choices they seem to be making with this whole 5E process.
Apparently every choice which most people see as "good" is shot down by a small minority: if you want to see shit hitting the fan go over rpg.net, where the 4e fanboys' gnashing of teeth at their perfect game being dumped in the garbage, has reached inhuman levels. Sweet, sweet sound ;)

Split from viewtopic.php?f=81&t=12201

-Dragon Turtle

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Re: Are you going to buy the intro box?

Post by shesheyan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:15 pm

rabindranath72 wrote:
Hugin wrote: I just can't help but be impressed with the good choices they seem to be making with this whole 5E process.
Apparently every choice which most people see as "good" is shot down by a small minority: if you want to see shit hitting the fan go over rpg.net, where the 4e fanboys' gnashing of teeth at their perfect game being dumped in the garbage, has reached inhuman levels. Sweet, sweet sound ;)
LOL! I don't think WoTC is going to change the game at this point. The PHB is a the printer. The train cannot be stopped.

I never understand that kind of reaction. Its pretty obvious to me that 4E is a self-contained game. It has been developed to its fullest and is a complete game. Just keep playing and don't buy the new stuff... the beauty of a rpg is you can keep playing on and on with the same set of rules as long as you have a good storyline and motived players.
Last edited by shesheyan on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently playing : Coriolis The Third Horizon
Preparing : Modern AGE Urban Arcana mini-campaign
Reading : 5E Sci-Fi Esper Genesis

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Other than agreeing with shesheyan's excellent response...
rabindranath72 wrote:...if you want to see shit hitting the fan go over rpg.net...
I don't. That's why I'm here with you guys! :D

ghendar
Cranky Grognard

Post by ghendar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:10 pm

rabindranath72 wrote:
I predicted this gnashing of teeth back about 6 years ago. Is it petty of me to revel in their angst? :twisted:
Fifth registered member, bitches!

If the Unapproachable East was so unapproachable, how did anyone get there?

robertneaves
Ogre

Post by robertneaves » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:16 pm

rabindranath72 wrote:if you want to see shit hitting the fan go over rpg.net, where the 4e fanboys' gnashing of teeth at their perfect game being dumped in the garbage, has reached inhuman levels.
Good for them. It's only fair given the nonstop hate on 4e since it came out.

ghendar
Cranky Grognard

Post by ghendar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:03 pm

robertneaves wrote:
rabindranath72 wrote:if you want to see shit hitting the fan go over rpg.net, where the 4e fanboys' gnashing of teeth at their perfect game being dumped in the garbage, has reached inhuman levels.
Good for them. It's only fair given the nonstop hate on 4e since it came out.
Except that they are doing the exact same thing that the 3e fanboys were doing then. Karma's a bitch ain't it?
Fifth registered member, bitches!

If the Unapproachable East was so unapproachable, how did anyone get there?

Return to “The Black Pudding”