Diaboli in the FGaz series?

The Realms of Norwold Saga explores seven isolated organized nations and towns that are situated along the coast of Norwold or its Great Bay.

Moderators: Seer of Yhog, OldDawg

Diaboli in the FGaz series?

Postby Havard » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Will Diaboli be making an appearance in the FGaz series?

I just posted some ideas about the Diaboli history in Norwold in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1328&p=32432#p32432

Ive been giving these some more thought. Why did these Diaboli choose to move to Norwold? Could there have been a smaller Diaboli presence in Norwold even before AC1012? Could there be connections to the Dimension of Nightmare dating back to Alinor? Alphatians have been known to be interested in summoning creatures from other planes and dimensions havent they? If some connection to Nightmare dates back to earlier Alphatian activity, what caused this connection to be resparked after AC1010? Could tbhe Week without Magic or the Destruction of Alphatia have triggered some summoning spell?

Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Diaboli in the FGaz series?

Postby OldDawg » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:26 am

As GazF takes place in 1000 AC, and one of its stated themes is preservation of a Mentzerian sensibility in the world presentation wherever possible (especially Norwold), I can definitively say that the Redhorn colony will not be featured.

Like other Norwold micro-realms, I will indicate where people have placed it, and mention it in the PWA/MA Future Timeline, but, diaboli will not be GazF canon in the context that I believe you are asking.

-OldDawg
Moderator for Greyhawk and GazF forums. My moderator voice is cyan.
OldDawg
Troll

Postby Havard » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:43 pm

OldDawg wrote:As GazF takes place in 1000 AC, and one of its stated themes is preservation of a Mentzerian sensibility in the world presentation wherever possible (especially Norwold), I can definitively say that the Redhorn colony will not be featured.

Like other Norwold micro-realms, I will indicate where people have placed it, and mention it in the PWA/MA Future Timeline, but, diaboli will not be GazF canon in the context that I believe you are asking.

Perhaps I should explain better what I have in mind. We know that the Diaboli will arrive in Norwold in AC1012, assuming the PWA timeline is used. However, we don't know much about the background for their arrival. Could the Diaboli have been sending agents to various realms of Mystara, investigating possible locations for them as early as in AC1000? If so, could such agents appear as NPCs in an FGaz?

This idea might be expanded to other fields as well, allowing us to use Almanacs and similar products to provide ideas for AC1000 material.

Just an idea :)

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Yaztromo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:58 pm

I remember the passage in the Gazzetteer of Glantri where they present the situation of having a Red Imp and a Blue Imp fighting over the soul of a person (I know it's a bit of a Looney Tunes cartoon situation, but it's perfectly canon).

Glantri can be pretty north (for Known World standards), but here we are going even more north.
We need to identify an area thatis about a very polarized (good-evil) society, maybe with some arthurian tinge (how about the Western Alliance -GazF5- areas or maybe Ghyr?)
Maybe this Red+Blue Imp situation could fit decently in this highly good-evil polarized part of the world, where it is customary to have this kind of soul searching.
This cultural fit may mean that we have in this area more Red Imps (and maybe Blue Imps as well) than usual elsewhere.

What is the connection between Red Imps and Diaboli? Well... that's next step that has to be clarified, but in my rotten brain the difference between Red Imps and Diaboli is not a huge one.... maybe Red Imps found themselves pushed hard by Blue Imps and created some kind of attraction point for Diaboli or portal to Diaboli lands in order to have some more help... or maybe Red Imps won and as part of their success they got the power of bringing over (or creating) the Diaboli...
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Return to Realms of Norwold