Help Build Leeha! - NPCs

The Realms of Norwold Saga explores seven isolated organized nations and towns that are situated along the coast of Norwold or its Great Bay.

Moderators: Havard, Seer of Yhog, OldDawg

OldDawg
Troll

Help Build Leeha! - NPCs

Post by OldDawg » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:06 pm

This thread is part of the GazF Recovery Act of 2009 ;) , in which I make an appeal to the community for small contributions of content to help resurrect the GazF line.

In this thread, I am asking for people to contribute ideas for NPCs in the style of a small entry that would normally be included in a Gazetteer.

Example:

Shaedrik Divotfoot: H5, Str18, Con17. Born 977 AC, Shaedrik is still living out his wanderlust. He is robust, standing 3'2", and has blond hair and brown eyes. He also bears the scars of a mountain lion attack on his right shoulder and collarbone, which he received while in the Catbergs. These days, Shaedrik is more interested in the north country, and will likely spend time in the giant-infested Jotunheimr Hills. Should his deeds succeed, they could make him a candidate to succeed Collin as Sheriff.

For this thread, I need both novel city-folk, adventurers and scoundrels (halfling or otherwise), as well as descriptions for figures that appeared in the almanacs (PWA or MA) such as Quentin Jax, Sieger von Duwn, or from modules like the evil cleric Kwyll (maybe dead, maybe not at this point) from CM1.

-OD

EDIT: A quick synopsis of NPCs thus far by class-level

Halflings (some names may be Frenchified in the final product)
H7: C. George Poolfellow (<Leeha)
HF5: Shaedrik Divotfoot (<Leeha)
H5: Percey Bramblerose (<Leeha)
H4: Henry Longbottom (<Leeha)
H2: Mylvin Wimbly (<Five Shires)
NH: Mortimer Timm (<Leeha)
NH: Bucky Bramblefoot (<Leeha)
NH: Sidney Starrs (<Leeha)

Fighters (Human)
F5: Leif the Red (<Soderfjord)
F4: Sandis Berzins (<Littonia)

Thieves (Human)
T6: Charles Muddleberry (<?)
T4: Scrooge McGoose (< Klantyre, Glantri)

Dwarves
D3: Bifgar the Bold (<Stormhaven/Oceansend)

Elves
None

Clerics
None

Magic-Users
None
Moderator for Greyhawk and GazF forums. My moderator voice is cyan.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Help Build Leeha! - NPCs

Post by Havard » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Great to see you back in action OldDawg! :)

How about these:

Leif the Red
F5, Str17, Cha 16. Leif was born in 970 AC in Soderfjord. He was the leader of a Northern Reaches expedition exploring Norwold. He claims that Odin revealed in a vision to him that at the end of his journey he would find the "Land of Wine". Failing to find such a land, his crew members abandoned him in Leeha. He has been spending time in Leeha bars ever since. Although a bit crazy, this norseman is a gold mine of information and rumours due to his very active social life.

Scrooge McGoose
T4, Dex 17, Int 18. McGoose is an extremely resourceful Klantyran goodminer who recently arrived in Leeha. He is very secretive about his prospects and trusts noone, but he has been suffering from a series of setbacks lately. Extremely stubborn, he is not a man to give up (ever), but he realizes that he needs help. His most pressing problem it a band of bugbears having set up camp near his mine.

Mylvin Wimbly
H2, Dex 14. Mylvin is a halfling from the Five Shires. Untill recently, he was in the employ of the Chaotic magic-user Lazambar. Finally managing to get away from his employer, Mylvin found that his halfling friends in the Five Shires didnt trust him anymore. Since then he has made it to Leehashire, seeking work as a bodyguard. Seemingly cursed with bad luck, Mylvin has once again fallen in with a bad crowd. Mylvin now finds himself working for a Thief's guild known as the Black Daggers. They make him do break in burglaries, and he is too scared to say no. Mylvin is looking for someone to help him leave the organization, but he doesn't know how to go about doing so. He feels trickery might be safer than just asking for help.
Note: Mylvin Wimbly first appeared in The Trouble with Mylvin Wimbly from Dungeon #5

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Chimpman
Hadozee

Post by Chimpman » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:02 pm

Havard wrote:Scrooge McGoose
T4, Dex 17, Int 18. McGoose is an extremely resourceful Klantyran goodminer who recently arrived in Leeha. He is very secretive about his prospects and trusts noone, but he has been suffering from a series of setbacks lately. Extremely stubborn, he is not a man to give up (ever), but he realizes that he needs help. His most pressing problem it a band of bugbears having set up camp near his mine.
Hmmm... I wonder if Ma Beagle and her boys might have stumbled on some 4000 year old artifact granting them special powers (and from whence they take their name)... ;)
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:05 pm

Chimpman wrote:
Havard wrote:Scrooge McGoose
Hmmm... I wonder if Ma Beagle and her boys might have stumbled on some 4000 year old artifact granting them special powers (and from whence they take their name)... ;)
Haha! Thats a fantastic spin on it! :D

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Seer of Yhog
Outer Being

Post by Seer of Yhog » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:56 pm

Charles Muddleberry
T6, Dex 16, Cha 13. Charles hangs around the gates of Leeha, searching for travellers who look down on their luck – especially humans. When he senses an easy mark, he sidles up to them, puts on a friendly face, and offers to show the newcomers around town. While leeching off of his victims, he points out businesses that will sell them what they need, but the owners are in league with Charles, and the goods are either defective or overpriced. Charles enjoys his easy life, and fears the prospect of adventurers’ clubs moving into Leeha.

Note: I goofed - I intended Charles to be a hin. However, let's make him human, as he can still occupy a good niche (preying on humans). If you are planning a section on Leehan slang, I propose Tallboy as one of many names for humans.
Last edited by Seer of Yhog on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moderator for Mystara. My moderator voice is heliotrope.

My Blog is here!

Seer of Yhog
Outer Being

Post by Seer of Yhog » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Mortimer Timm
NH, Int 15, Cha 15. Mortimer Timm is the current head of Timm & Horton, the chain of coffee shops-cum-inns established by his father, Mortimer Sr., and Davie Horton. Eager to expand his business, the affable Mortimer makes a point of visiting every franchise twice a year to review finances and speak with staff and customers. He suspects that the recent spate of vandalism of his Leehan shops is the work of his competitor, Bucky-Starrs Coffee House, but as yet he has not been able to prove it.

My Blog is here!

Seer of Yhog
Outer Being

Post by Seer of Yhog » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:05 pm

Bucky Bramblefoot
NH, Int 16, Cha 18. Bucky, a disgraced alumnus of the Bear River Academy (expelled for running a gambling ring), is the brains behind Bucky-Starrs Coffee House. Although able to charm his way into any job, Bucky lacks the discipline to see things through. His fortunes changed when he ran into the overly trusting Sidney Starrs, who he duped into financing his latest scheme. The coffee house is actually turning a small profit, but Bucky, chasing rainbows, is already planning to spend the profits of a coffee house empire that has not yet been established. He is not above using aggressive tactics to get what he wants.

Sidney Starrs
NH, Wis 8. Sidney inherited a small fortune after his father, the infamous timber baron Pongo Starrs, died in a boating accident. Shortly thereafter he was hustled by former school chum Bucky Bramblefoot, and soon found himself financing Bucky-Starrs Coffee House. Sidney believes Bucky’s endless chatter about the obscene profits they are making, and has no idea that Bucky is actively undermining Timm & Horton’s through thuggery and vandalism.

My Blog is here!

Seer of Yhog
Outer Being

Post by Seer of Yhog » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:01 pm

C. George Poolfellow
H7, Wis 14, Con 16. Poolfellow is an old A-boy (class of ’71) who rose swiftly through the ranks of the Leehan Vanguard, before being forced into retirement after the Draconic rampage of AC 993. He has found a new life purpose in making life difficult for the students of the Bear River Academy, but his harshness conceals true affection for his charges, secretly viewing them as the children he never had. He has wispy greying hair and a thick moustache, and peers at the world through thick-rimmed spectacles. He is never seen without his black academic robes of office, which effectively conceal his walking stick and scarred feet.

My Blog is here!

Seer of Yhog
Outer Being

Post by Seer of Yhog » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:42 pm

Sandis Berzins: F4, Str 16, AL C. Sandis, a burly young man with long dirty blonde hair and broken teeth, grew up in the street gangs of the Littonian town of Rezevpils. Life was good, until he beat up a prominent merchant with connections to the ruling Skulme family. With his buddies denying any knowledge of his actions, Sandis fled the hangman’s noose, and wound up in Alpha. Within months he was running again, and is now looking for work in Leeha. He would love to hire himself out as a man-at-arms to foreign adventurers with deep pockets, but his undisciplined nature is liable to get him in trouble before long.

My Blog is here!

Seer of Yhog
Outer Being

Post by Seer of Yhog » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Percy Bramblerose: H5, Str 17, Con 17. Percy (A-boy, ’91) comes from a long line of A-boys (his ancestor was among the first students), and his loyalty to the school runs deep – almost as much as his loyalty to the Vanguard. He is currently on assignment as coach to the Academy, and delights in pushing his students beyond their limits. Percy is tall (3’9”) for a hin, with curly black hair and piercing brown eyes. His uniform is spotless. Percy tends to shout instead of talk, a consequence of having his eardrums ruptured during the Draconic rampage of AC 993.

My Blog is here!

Hugin
Green Dragon

Post by Hugin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Geoff, you seem to be on a pretty good roll here! Keep it up!

Seer of Yhog
Outer Being

Post by Seer of Yhog » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks! Here's a few more...

Bifgar the Bold: D3, Str 16, Con 15. Bifgar grew up in the Stormhaven Clan, near Oceansend, but left as soon as he could in search of adventure (and to avoid his parents’ matchmaking efforts). He found his way to Leeha, and sought his fortune in the Catbergs, but was forced back after one encounter too many with the local wildlife. He plans to visit the Jotunheimr Hills, rumoured to have rich veins of silver, and will offer a share of what he finds in exchange for some sword arms. Bifgar has fine blond hair, brown eyes, and a braided moustache.

Henry Longbottom: H4, Str 14, Dex 16. Henry grew up on a farm near the town of Maracope, and participated in its ill-fated defence. He spent some time recovering in Leeha, but found that city life did not suit him. He now wanders the north country, living off the land and hunting any humanoids he finds. He is on good terms with Shaedrik Divotfoot, and accompanies the latter on some of his journeys.

My Blog is here!

Seer of Yhog
Outer Being

Post by Seer of Yhog » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Minor edit to Charles Muddleberry - now clarified that he is human (was thinking hin), and now it works out even better IMO.

My Blog is here!

OldDawg
Troll

Post by OldDawg » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:39 am

Many thanks for the contributions put forth in this thread. In addition to those I had already done and those I've penciled in, I think our NPC cast is now set. As such, I am hereby locking the thread so someone won't work and post in vain.

Thanks,

OldDawg
Moderator for Greyhawk and GazF forums. My moderator voice is cyan.

Return to “Realms of Norwold”