It Came From the Stars for 4E

Discuss 4th Edition rules, PoL setting concepts, and the GSL here.
The Book-House: Find 4th Edition products, Find D&D Essentials products.

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

It Came From the Stars for 4E

Postby dulsi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:17 am

Since I don't play Pathfinder, I've started converting some of the It Came From the Stars material to 4E. First are the new races (minus one).
Does It Came From The Stars Campaign Guide interest you but you don't play Pathfinder. Four of the five new races in the book have been converted to 4E. Looking a blob to join your party? Perhaps you want to be a machine from the future? I've tried to maintain the flavor of the original race even when that contradicts the design standard of 4E. Star-Touched's Magnetic Field is a little odd for 4E since normally you don't specify the material of weapons. I didn't give the Tachiod darkvision since that is not given often in 4E. I also reduced the All-around vision a little bit. More meteors from space will crash to the surface soon.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage
dulsi
Storm Giant

Re: It Came From the Stars for 4E

Postby Big Mac » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Out of interest, is there any reason why you didn't convert one of the races?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby dulsi » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:02 pm

The last race is a swarm. It requires taking a racial level for your 1st level. After that you can take racial levels or class levels. I'm not sure of the best way to implement such a race in 4E.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage
dulsi
Storm Giant

Postby Big Mac » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:19 pm

dulsi wrote:The last race is a swarm. It requires taking a racial level for your 1st level. After that you can take racial levels or class levels. I'm not sure of the best way to implement such a race in 4E.

A playable swarm? How weird!
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to D&D 4th Edition