Gamma World RPGA adventures?

A wacky, wily game of postapocalyptic peril.
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Gamma World RPGA adventures?

Post by Yaztromo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:50 am

I know that RPGA produced Gamma World adventures for turnments and conventions, but I'm not sure if they ever run "Living Campaign" type of adventures.
Have this material ever been shared to the public? Recently I'm kinda discovering (very late) the genre and I think that Gamma World could provide very funny material for series of one off adventures.
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Dread Delgath
Cloud Giant

Re: Gamma World RPGA adventures?

Post by Dread Delgath » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:28 am

I believe that the RPGA network magazine used to publish a lot of Gamma World material back in the 80's, but sadly, I grew bored with RPGA D&D material and discontinued my membership before I ever saw any of those articles.
A big THANKS! to Giant Space Hamster & Chimpman for the cookies! (Dark Side be damned!) :D

My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.

Digitalelf
Hobgoblin

Post by Digitalelf » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:06 am

Dread Delgath wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:28 am
I grew bored with RPGA D&D material and discontinued my membership before I ever saw any of those articles.
You must have been like one of the RPGA's charter members, because issue #1 of Polyhedron was released in 1981, and the first Gamma World content appeared in issue #10 in 1983.

But yeah, Polyhedron had TONS of Gamma World material, going as far back as issue #10 (1983) to as late as issue #101 (1994).

Issue #15 (1983) had a Christmas scenario based around a robotic Santa Clause in a flying "sleigh" called "Mas Day" by James Ward himself.

Issue #40 (1988) had an adventure that was used as an "official" RPGA Tournament adventure entitled "The New Janeeva Herald-Prognosticator, Final Edition".

Issue #70 (1992) had a Gammaruders/Gamma World cross-over adventure entitled "Pod Mutation Increases".

Issue #79 (1993) had a mystery styled adventure where the PCs are tasked to find some missing children entitled "Evansburg".

There were a few other articles that were basically "encounters" and not true adventures. Those were:

Encounters (Issue #10 - 1983) by James Ward.
Under Construction (Issue #11 - 1983) by James Ward.
Auquabot (Issue #20 - 1984) by James Ward.
-That One Digitalelf Fellow-

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:31 pm

I found out this list of magazine articles about Metamorphosis Alpha and Gamma World: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... EJ6s3EuC1a
Can you help identifying Gamma World adventures?
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Digitalelf
Hobgoblin

Post by Digitalelf » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:42 am

Yaztromo wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:31 pm
Can you help identifying Gamma World adventures?
Unfortunately, non of the articles on that list are adventures. However, Dragon magazine #52 (which is missing from that list you found) has an adventure entitled: Cavern of the Sub-Train.

There doesn't seem to be any other adventures for Gamma World in Dragon Magazine (at least that I could find).

But there are a couple of fan made modules HERE: http://www.channel-zero.net/2014/07/fan ... tures.html

The Best of White Dwarf Scenarios 1 (Magazine) had an adventure entitled: Paths of Lil (Don't know what the original issue it first appeared in).
-That One Digitalelf Fellow-

Return to “Gamma World”