[Metamorphosis Alpha] 900 Words

A wacky, wily game of postapocalyptic peril.
Craig_in_ACT
Hobgoblin

[Metamorphosis Alpha] 900 Words

Post by Craig_in_ACT » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:12 am

Hi All!

Just a quick note to let people know that Jim's old 900 Word articles are back online on our forums. You don't have to log in, they are accessible to anyone here.

I did not manage to find the first ten, so if anyone here knows where I can find them, please let me know. The first one deals with Jim writing Metamorphosis Alpha. :facepalm: And of course, I don't have it!

Craig J. Brain
WardCo.

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Re: [Metamorphosis Alpha] 900 Words

Post by Boneguard » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Hmm, I went to take a look and the website got blocks/Flagged by Norton as unsafe (Fake antivvirus update). Am I the only one?
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Boneguard wrote:Hmm, I went to take a look and the website got blocks/Flagged by Norton as unsafe (Fake antivvirus update). Am I the only one?
Strange. It is fine for me. Maybe it is just your browser?
Social Media & Extended Signature

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Craig_in_ACT wrote:Just a quick note to let people know that Jim's old 900 Word articles are back online on our forums. You don't have to log in, they are accessible to anyone here.
Thanks Craig.
Craig_in_ACT wrote:I did not manage to find the first ten, so if anyone here knows where I can find them, please let me know. The first one deals with Jim writing Metamorphosis Alpha. :facepalm: And of course, I don't have it!
Where did you get these articles from? If you say what the actual site was, perhaps someone can find an archive of it.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Craig_in_ACT
Hobgoblin

Post by Craig_in_ACT » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Big Mac,

Thanks. I tracked these down using the way back machine on the original FFE site. I'll see if I can find a link.

Craig J. Brain

Craig_in_ACT
Hobgoblin

Post by Craig_in_ACT » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:26 am

Here we go. This will take you to No. 51. For the life of me I can't find the first ten though... :(

If there is anyone here who can help me out, I would greatly appreciate that! As I recall, there's some great stuff about the history of Metamorphosis Alpha and gaming with Gary Gygax that would be nice to save from the clutches of obscurity, and place somewhere slightly less obscure ... and ... well, okay, maybe I hadn't thought that all the way through. But, it would be nice to have it available to gamers again.

Thanks,

Craig

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 pm

Craig_in_ACT wrote:Here we go. This will take you to No. 51. For the life of me I can't find the first ten though... :(
Hmm. Looks like they had a frameset website, or something else weird going on.

It also looks like they were pulling some pages down, while putting others up.
Craig_in_ACT wrote:If there is anyone here who can help me out, I would greatly appreciate that! As I recall, there's some great stuff about the history of Metamorphosis Alpha and gaming with Gary Gygax that would be nice to save from the clutches of obscurity, and place somewhere slightly less obscure ... and ... well, okay, maybe I hadn't thought that all the way through. But, it would be nice to have it available to gamers again.
I see them on this page but they are all in pop up windows. If I try to open them in another tab nothing happens. Luckily my browser lets me grab URLs from pop-ups. Try these:
  1. 900 Words I (9/20/2002)
  2. Learn about board games and royal flushes in this week's 900 Words II (9/27/2002)
  3. Tips on writing for the RPG Industry in the next 900 Words! (10/04/2002)
  4. Setting goals and fencing from Jim Ward, in the next 900 Words! (10/11/2002)
  5. Tips on writing and publishing in this week's 900 Words by Jim Ward (10/18/2002)
  6. Breaking into "the Biz" in this week's 900 Words by Jim Ward (10/25/2002)
  7. The benefits of a project outline in this week's 900 Words by Jim Ward (10/31/2002)
  8. The Monty Haul Campaign in this week's 900 Words by Jim Ward (11/8/2002)
  9. "3,000 Words a Day" in this week's 900 Words by Jim Ward (11/15/2002)
  10. When NOT to give up is the motto of this week's 900 Words by Jim Ward (11/22/2002)
I think the page that links to these moved at some point, as it looks like it was only there from 2002-2004.

Anyhoo, I will now drink my weak lemon drink! :mrgreen: ;)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Craig_in_ACT
Hobgoblin

Post by Craig_in_ACT » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:07 am

Big Mac,

I don't know what blood type you are, but whatever it is, it is worth bottling!

Thanks very much!

Craig

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Glad to help, Craig.

Thanks for making the archive of this stuff. I found some other interesting stuff there (about Castlemourne), while I was looking around. But it looks like Cybersquatters took over the FFE website and redirected a lot of the images to spam-images. I'm glad you started to put this back into a place where gamers can find it and enjoy it. I had never heard of this before, so I'll be having a read when I get a chance.

BlackBat242
Dire Haggis
Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Post by BlackBat242 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:46 am

Big Mac wrote: Anyhoo, I will now drink my weak lemon drink! :mrgreen: ;)

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode

Return to “Gamma World”