Crawling Under a Broken Moon

A wacky, wily game of postapocalyptic peril.
dulsi
Storm Giant

Crawling Under a Broken Moon

Post by dulsi » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:21 am

Need to go back to hiding in my cave. I step out and stumble on things that look interesting. After stumbling on Crawljammer, I saw the Crawling Under a Broken Moon. Anyone have the magazine? Thoughts? Adaptable to Gamma World?
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage

dulsi
Storm Giant

Re: Crawling Under a Broken Moon

Post by dulsi » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:12 am

I've posted up a review of Crawling Under a Broken Moon #5. From a Gamma World point of view, I can't recommend it. I suppose the He-Man parody setting might be useful for the 7th edition but you could easily do that yourself. Maybe this was a bad issue to purchase and the others are more usable for Gamma World but I'll probably leave that for others to determine.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:50 am

Thanks for the review Dulsi. I usually dislike parodies. Either I like the original thing being parodied and get annoyed at somebody mocking it (instead of writing about it seriously) or I dislike the original thing being parodied and don't want to read someone mocking it, as I don't want to be involved with it.

So you have saved me buying this and getting annoyed with it.

However, I do hope that the people who do like parodies, can get something useful from this product.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

BlackBat242
Dire Haggis
Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Post by BlackBat242 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:25 am

Or, like me often, am only just familiar enough with the thing being mocked to recognise the parody as such, but don't know enough to care one way or the other about either the original or the parody.

And if I don't care, I don't buy.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode

Return to “Gamma World”