Pedal to the Metal! Vehicle Rules

A wacky, wily game of postapocalyptic peril.
dulsi
Storm Giant

Pedal to the Metal! Vehicle Rules

Post by dulsi » Sun May 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Official WotC vehicle rules for Gamma World came in Dungeon (Free for non subscribers).

Anyone have the Adventurer's Vault and can compare them to the rules in there. I've thought about getting AV for those rules and thought maybe this could be a replacement. The Acceleration/Deceleration optional rules are default in AV I believe. I'm curious if AV has the vehicle immunities/resistances. I don't remember seeing them when glancing through the book.

EDIT:
Forced Movement: If a vehicle is pulled, pushed, or slid, the occupants move with it.

If such movement forces a creature out of a vehicle, it can make a saving throw. Failure indicates that the creature is ejected from the vehicle and takes damage (see the “Variable Damage” sidebar).
What? Occupants move with forced movement so how does a creature get forced out of the vehicle?
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
ImageImage

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Pedal to the Metal! Vehicle Rules

Post by Big Mac » Sun May 29, 2011 1:37 am

It doesn't seem to make sense.

Maybe they mean that the passengers move with the force that impacts the vehicle they are in.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

dulsi
Storm Giant

Post by dulsi » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:01 pm

I decided to pick up the Adventurer's Vault. The vehicles rules in there do not have the resistances of the Gamma World rules. Crashing rules are fairly different. For example running down an enemy in Pedal to the Medal grants the enemy a saving throw while in AV it appears to be an automatic hit. I haven't looked at errata to see if they changed anything in it.

The Acceleration/Deceleration rules are different. In AV stopping is a move action and causes the vehicle to move it's distance from last round. In Pedal to the Medal the vehicle moves half its most recent speed.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
ImageImage

BlackBat242
Dire Haggis
Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Post by BlackBat242 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:47 am

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode

Return to “Gamma World”