Darwin's World Savage Worlds for Gamma World?

A wacky, wily game of postapocalyptic peril.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Darwin's World Savage Worlds for Gamma World?

Post by Havard » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi,
does anyone know anything more about the new Savage Worlds Setting called Darwin's World? It seems to have much in common with Gamma World. Perhaps they can be used in combination?

Digital Price:$14.95
Print Price: $24.95 Reprinting
Pages: 220
Size: 18.82 MB
Format: portrait
Writer: Dominic Covey, Jon Woodland, Chris Davis
Cover: Jeremy Simmons
SKU: RPO0100bSW
ISBN: 978-1-935432-48-7
Tags: Publisher: RPGObjects; Game Lines: Darwin's World; Systems: Savage Worlds; Genre: Post-Apocalyptic; Product Type: Supplement, Core Book; Media Type: print, PDF

Darwin's World is a role-playing game set in the wild, inhospitable world of mankind's ruin, after a series of devastating wars that brought the human race to the brink of extinction. In a world where radiation has altered the very course of nature, mankind has ceased to exist in its current form. Mutations and genetic variations are the edge separating a species from life and death.
More details here: http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=dw

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

dulsi
Storm Giant

Re: Darwin's World Savage Worlds for Gamma World?

Post by dulsi » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:14 pm

It may be new to Savage Worlds but it's not new. The d20 version has been around for a long time. It has it own section in on drivethru under RPG Objects.

I've never gotten any of the products. I've heard it is less fantasy and more gritty but can't say I've read too much about it.
Last edited by Giant Space Hamster on Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Affiliate ID changed to Piazza affiliate ID
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
ImageImage

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:12 pm

I had no idea Dulsi, thanks!

I like how Savage Worlds seems to be preserving/bringing back some of the settings that previously were presented under other systems.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Boddynock
Gnomish Ambassador

Post by Boddynock » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:34 pm

I don't own a copy of Savage Worlds edition, but I do own the D20 edition of Darwin's World. I haven't really had a chance to play a long game, so some one with a little more experience might come along, this is my few observation.

D20 Darwin's World is what I feel more of a serious take on Gamma World. There are no mutant animals or plants, your just sort of stuck with humans. You choose at the beginning if you want to be pure strain or mutant, no roll either to see if you get a power or defect out of the gate you begin with three mutations (either random rolled or chosen with the aid of a GM) and three defects (same way.) You can take feats in d20 to remove defects or advance your beneficial mutations.

Mutations themselves tend to be a little out there, its kind of nice to see Darwin's World not take itself too seriously. I mean there's acid for blood, a possibly sentient second head growing out of you, domination of weaker brains etc.

How compatible would I rate it? D20 wise it wouldn't be difficult to convert 3.5 creatures if you wanted mutant animals/plants.

Now Savage Worlds? If I was to guess. Since Savage Worlds is a bit more lighter in rules, especially character creation wise, I couldn't see a problem to create a mutant animal or plant to be in your game either. Hope that helps at least shed light on DW.
Check out my blog: 'The Gnomish Embassy'

My Wattpad Profile

Support your local gnome!

Boddynock Stotch - 17th level Gnome Bard of Far Shore, Isle of Dread - Savage Tide Adventure Path

Return to “Gamma World”