[Malatra] Jungle Book as an Adventure [minor spoilers]

Oriental Adventures in Kara-Tur, the Eastern Realms.
The Book-House: Find Kara-Tur products.

Moderator: Cthulhudrew

[Malatra] Jungle Book as an Adventure [minor spoilers]

Postby Seethyr » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:28 pm

I just took my daughter to see the new Jungle Book, and all that I could think about was how great an adventure it could make. I love stealing plots from movies almost as much as I do books. But seriously, King Louie as a gigantopithicus in a ruined city of the Ancients? Sure Shere Kahn would have to be replaced with some other antagonist, unless you adapted JAguar Lords from Maztica and simply made them "Tiger Lords." Giant snakes with the ability to mesmerize, Elephants - or better yet, Loxo, having some mystical, religious significance. Perhaps all that wouldn't fit are the wolves...
All Maztica Alive Netbooks Available in the Link:The Maztica Alive Campaign

Newest Book: TWC6 True World Bestiary II - Monsters A-H

Maztica Alive! Yahoo Group Join Us
Seethyr
Frost Giant

Re: [Malatra] Jungle Book as an Adventure [minor spoilers]

Postby apotheot » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:51 am

Seethyr wrote:Elephants - or better yet, Loxo, having some mystical, religious significance.

The Wise Ones already have said connection to the elephants. But I completely agree. With The Jungle Book, and the new Tarzan in a few months, I am going to be in the mood to do some nice Jungle-themed writing.

“Before we hunt the thunderboar, you should drink from this enchanted spring. It might give you crazy dreams.BUT, when you wake up you’ll be immune to the boar’s electric attacks." Adventure Time shows how similar it is to Malatra.
apotheot
Ogre

Return to Kara-Tur