[Malatra] Contact with the outside world

Oriental Adventures in Kara-Tur, the Eastern Realms.
The Book-House: Find Kara-Tur products.

Moderator: Cthulhudrew

[Malatra] Contact with the outside world

Postby The Dark » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:30 am

I found an interesting reference flipping through Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog, where one of the things sold in the catalog is Malatran pepper. Other than this reference and the origin of the oscray, are there any other signs of the Malatran plateau having contact with the rest of the world?
The Dark
Troll

Re: [Malatra] Contact with the outside world

Postby apotheot » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:41 pm

The Dark wrote:I found an interesting reference flipping through Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog, where one of the things sold in the catalog is Malatran pepper. Other than this reference and the origin of the oscray, are there any other signs of the Malatran plateau having contact with the rest of the world?

Most likely this refers more to pepper form the Malatran Region, rather than the plateau which is geographically and magically isolated. But yes there are a few references within the Living Jungle campaign of some contact those inhabitants have had with outside of their jungle. The Living Jungle/Living City crossover is the best example. In Legacy of the Headshrinker, characters from Malatra get body swapped with some from Living City to perform a task. In Out For a Stroll the Living City characters who are body swapped, explore the jungle. Otherwise there were some hints of connections with Ravenloft, occasional forays into the dreamlands which are part of the ethereal, and big connections with Dark Sun including a foray there in one adventure. I am unaware of any other real connections with the setting form other products, and would love to be informed if anyone finds any.
-Apotheot
apotheot
Ogre

Return to Kara-Tur