Krakentua Origins

Oriental Adventures in Kara-Tur, the Eastern Realms.
The Book-House: Find Kara-Tur products.

Moderator: Cthulhudrew

Krakentua Origins

Postby apotheot » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:06 am

I know 2nd ed had it listed as a spirit, but I recall reading somewhere since then (Lords of Madness?) that it could be a result of an illithid tadpole inserted into a Kraken. Any help or thoughts?
-Apothoeot
apotheot
Ogre

Re: Krakentua Origins

Postby Big Mac » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:44 pm

I don't recall these. There is an article on Forgotten Realms Wiki, called Krakentua (Shinkintin) that gives detail about a specific monster associated with Shinkintin. Perhaps the Kara-Tur product that comes from drops a few hints on the origins. :)

And there is another article called Krakentua (Isle of Gargantuas) about one associated with Isle of Gargantuas (which sounds like it might be a D&D version of monster island from the name :? ).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby ripvanwormer » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:32 pm

This sounds really familiar to me, but as something that I think I made up, rather than something from an official source.
ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Postby ripvanwormer » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:55 am

The Vorpal Chipmunk of Death suggested that they originated in Demogorgon's realm in the Abyss. I couldn't find any references to krakentuas in Lords of Madness, or in any 3rd edition source. Hyena of Ice named them in her list of aberrations, but only cited EnWorld's Creature Catalog.
ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Postby apotheot » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:47 am

ripvanwormer wrote:This sounds really familiar to me, but as something that I think I made up, rather than something from an official source.

You and I have been communicating on various forums for years, so It well could be something I read from one of your posts. :D Personally, I love the idea.
-Apotheot.
apotheot
Ogre

Return to Kara-Tur