Uniquely Maztican Backgrounds

Mezo-American adventures in Maztica, the True World.
The Book-House: Find Maztica products.

Uniquely Maztican Backgrounds

Postby Seethyr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 pm

Havard’s Post on 5e Backgrounds got me thinking about new backgrounds that are exclusively Maztican. I’ve thought of the Aztec traders known as pochteca but I already have them as a rogue class. Otherwise, I could imagine a Community Defender type of character (needs a better name), someone who was raised for the express purpose of being a sacrifice for the gods, and then maybe some local backgrounds (like perhaps a Kultakan sahuagin Hunter). Any thoughts on others? This is one maztican item I’m just at a loss for.
All Maztica Alive Netbooks Available in the Link:The Maztica Alive Campaign

Newest Book: TWC6 True World Bestiary II - Monsters A-H

Maztica Alive! Yahoo Group Join Us
Seethyr
Fire Giant

Re: Uniquely Maztican Backgrounds

Postby Jürgen Hubert » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 am

I am not sure all that many unique Maztican Backgrounds are needed, to be honest - the existing Backgrounds are already extremely broad. What might be more useful are some explanations on how the existing Backgrounds fit into a Maztican context.
Returned Maztica - a new vision for Maztica in the 5th Edition era of the Forgotten Realms! Learn how the continent has changed after invasions and dragonfire, and take part as the people of Maztica finally take their destinies into their own hands!
Jürgen Hubert
Gnoll

Return to Maztica