Esmeralda: Island of Revolution available at DMs Guild

Mezo-American adventures in Maztica, the True World.
The Book-House: Find Maztica products.
paladinnicolas
Goblin

Post by paladinnicolas »

Dear all,

I just wanted to mention that a PDF I wrote on a Maztican island where several armed conflicts are raging and supernatural threats exist is now available at the Dungeon Master's Guild webpage. It is available in the following link: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/178899/ ... lider_view
The description is the following: "Esmeralda, an island where several Republics seceded from a racist Empire still attempting to reconquer the lands it lost - independent Republics now facing terrorist threats and transnational organized crime; an island where restless spirits and Fae threaten mortals; where Faerûnian magic is not reliable and firearms have been developed; where an International Tribunal is spied upon when trying to deliver justice amid armed conflicts; where pirates plunder the seas and privateers fight the proxy wars of nations; where lost and hidden temples connect to other worlds or empower shamans; the birthplace of Aarakocra; where vigilantes are born and die everyday in the slums or mansions; where besieged cities face death or glory; and where sacrificial magic torments the living and exorcists fight against the supernatural and schisms. It is a land of lost wonders, secrets and peril.

The book includes the overview of this Maztican island, its peoples and nations; the rules of sacrificial magic; the Esmeraldian exorcist class; backgrounds and more to play in this island to the West of Maztica, in the Forgotten Realms. A domain of dread originally from Esmeralda is also described in the book.

New mechanics include the notion of Spiritual Hit Points, Attacks and Armor Class: some mystical beings cannot be hurt by spells or weapons, but only by the deeds and faith of pious souls.

The book is 63 pages long."

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Esmeralda: Island of Revolution available at DMs Guild

Post by Big Mac »

TWC4 Esmeralda: Island of Revolution and Supernatural Threats is on DMs Guild
Nicolas Carrillo on DMs Guild wrote:Esmeralda, an island where several Republics seceded from a racist Empire still attempting to reconquer the lands it lost - independent Republics now facing terrorist threats and transnational organized crime; an island where restless spirits and Fae threaten mortals; where Faerûnian magic is not reliable and firearms have been developed; where an International Tribunal is spied upon when trying to deliver justice amid armed conflicts; where pirates plunder the seas and privateers fight the proxy wars of nations; where lost and hidden temples connect to other worlds or empower shamans; the birthplace of Aarakocra; where vigilantes are born and die everyday in the slums or mansions; where besieged cities face death or glory; and where sacrificial magic torments the living and exorcists fight against the supernatural and schisms. It is a land of lost wonders, secrets and peril.

The book includes the overview of this Maztican island, its peoples and nations; the rules of sacrificial magic; the Esmeraldian exorcist class; backgrounds and more to play in this island to the West of Maztica, in the Forgotten Realms. A domain of dread originally from Esmeralda is also described in the book.

New mechanics include the notion of Spiritual Hit Points, Attacks and Armor Class: some mystical beings cannot be hurt by spells or weapons, but only by the deeds and faith of pious souls.
It's a 63 page netbook by Nicolas Carrillo.

And The Piazza gets a credit in this product, as well as Maztica Alive! Yay!
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Bah! Ninjad by paladinnicolas.

That will teach me to take ages writing my posts. ;)

MODERATOR EDIT: Threads merged.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

paladinnicolas wrote:The book includes the overview of this Maztican island, its peoples and nations; the rules of sacrificial magic; the Esmeraldian exorcist class; backgrounds and more to play in this island to the West of Maztica, in the Forgotten Realms. A domain of dread originally from Esmeralda is also described in the book.

This is an interesting aspect of Esmeralda.

Ghostwalk isn't open to DMs Guild yet, but this made me wonder if it would be possible to go further with this and use Ghostwalk in Maztica.

paladinnicolas
Goblin

Post by paladinnicolas »

I have written a new DMsG product entitled "Spiritual Abilities, Trials & Combat", available here: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/185136/ ... est_in_dmg, in which I expand on the idea of a Spirit ability, spiritual checks, contests and powers.

Return to “Maztica”