Anchorome Campaign Guide [5e] Workshop

Mezo-American adventures in Maztica, the True World.
The Book-House: Find Maztica products.
Seethyr
Couatl

Re: Anchorome Campaign Guide [5e] Workshop

Post by Seethyr » Sat May 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Sturm wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:50 pm
Great, you have developed almost on your own a previously undetailed continent of the Realms and that is not a small feat!
Thank you! I’ve seriously wanted to do this for years, and finally after putting together an outline, it started to take shape. All of the sudden I was at page 90 dreading the future of needing to edit LOL!
Louis_bowwow wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:20 pm
These look fantastic. Great job on all of the work that you have done. If you need help brainstorming ideas or researching monsters let me know, I can try to assist. I’m really interested to see what you have planned for the Land of the Mantis Men. Maybe seeing what you produce will kick my butt into gear to actually write something. I had some ideas for what lies the northwest area of the continent, stealing heavily from the terrain books from 3e.
The research has actually been a lot of fun. I found this site and it’s been guiding me to looking further into the creatures. To this day, I still don’t understand why 99% of the D&D culture is based on European and Tolkien myth. The lire here is awesome.

http://www.native-languages.org/monsters.htm

I’d definitely love to get more going and see you write something up, especially if it expanded on the “new lore.” Who knows, maybe WotC will see the light and start getting out of the Sword Coast and Waterdeep for a hot minute.
Follow the Maztica (Aztez/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Seethyr
Couatl

Post by Seethyr » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:06 am

Wow, so my original post on this is from 2016, but the book - all 100 pages loaded with artwork and everything else is done! Here is the description from the product page on DMsGuild.
In 1992, TSR released FMQ1 City of Gold, by John Nephew and Jonathan Tweet. This combination supplement and adventure brought players north of the fabled lands of Maztica to meet the Azuposi and find the aforementioned City of Gold. The Azuposi themselves were based on the varied Pueblo Native Americans, mixed with a bit of high fantasy.

This 100 page product is meant to be the spiritual successor of FMQ1.

What has happened to the Azuposi since it was last visited? How did they handle the Spellplague? What has happened to all of the loose ends City of Gold left open?

Those questions are answered here, but that is by far not all.

ANC1 The Anchôromé Campaign Guide is also meant to do for this “new” continent what the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide has done for Faerûn. This is a complete campaign guide, with new classes, subclasses, backgrounds, magic, magic items and monsters. There is even a short location based adventure that brings back one of the villains from FMQ1 who never got her due. Everything you need to run an entire campaign is here, along with plenty of room for growth.

Anchôromé is a full continent. While there is no way one book can cover an entire continent in detail, ANC1 sure does try. The main focus is on the Azuposi and a new race of playable beings known as the Minnenewah. The Minnenewah blend Indigenous American myth with high fantasy, creating endless new opportunities for characters and adventure.

Beyond these two races are the Metahel, a Norse-like culture who are grateful for what their Azuposi allies have taught them of the land. Then there are the inhabitants of Fort Flame who are pretty much the only influence mainland Faerûn has left on this distant land. Bolstered by their new tavranaki dragonborn allies, the humans of Fort Flame can now hold their own against threats like the creatures of Adusgi Forest and the Poscadari elves.

There are many others, from the herb obsessed Short Folk halflings to the aarakocra of the west, who may or may not guard the last home of what remains of the aeree. Could the Creator Race still exist in the northern mountains? And what of the Ancient Ones and the ruins of Esh Alakar?

There are of course the Great and Mighty Spirits here too, described in detail. Though not exactly gods, they do grant those who show them respect and beseech them spells on top of invaluable advice, often in person.

The Thunderbird, White Bison and Red Wolf Unole are three examples of these spirits whom the Minnenewah mostly revere, while the Azuposi sing prayers to the Sun itself along with Masauwu the Skeleton Man and a ton of others.

Hopefully, the picture painted in this 100 page volume gives a complete representation that can rival much of what exists for players in Faerun proper. Whether Anchorome is a full campaign for you, or a brief stay, everything you need both in lore and crunch can be found here. Enjoy!
So, I also want to discuss the pricing. I paid an amount I am embarrassed to tell my wife about for the various pieces of artwork (though much was free or public domain). I've never charged anything for my books and it makes me insanely uncomfortable, but it's honestly becoming a bit of a financial burden as of late. With that being said, beyond strangers, I can't in good conscience charge my FRIENDS (of which I consider many here to be) what I have up for the book. If you are interested in the book, PLEASE personal message me so we can talk about pricing. I thanked half the people on this forum in the book after all LOL.

Without further adieu, here is the link = check out the 30 page preview if you'd like.

ANC1 The Anchôromé Campaign Guide
Last edited by Seethyr on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow the Maztica (Aztez/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Louis_bowwow
Orc

Post by Louis_bowwow » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:08 am

I wouldn’t feel bad about charging for it. It is quality work and well worth the price. Better than some products that I have seen charge more. Great job on this book. I know it has been a long time coming but from the previews that we have seen, it was worth the wait.

Seethyr
Couatl

Post by Seethyr » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:21 pm

Louis_bowwow wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:08 am
I wouldn’t feel bad about charging for it. It is quality work and well worth the price. Better than some products that I have seen charge more. Great job on this book. I know it has been a long time coming but from the previews that we have seen, it was worth the wait.
Thank you for that. It stresses me to charge at all to be perfectly honest.

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Louis_bowwow
Orc

Post by Louis_bowwow » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:17 pm

Just picked up a copy. I am very impressed. My favorite part has to be the Map. I have looked at a blank version of the map for years with a million different ideas and places and thoughts to populate it. It is awesome to see it populated with places and details that I can now read about. Great job. I look forward to seeing the final version of the Land of the Insect Men.

Return to “Maztica”