Artificer Subclasses - Plumaweaver and Hishnashaper

Mezo-American adventures in Maztica, the True World.
The Book-House: Find Maztica products.
Jürgen Hubert
Bugbear

Artificer Subclasses - Plumaweaver and Hishnashaper

Post by Jürgen Hubert » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:32 am

It's been a while - I've been preoccupied with moving to yet another city for a new job, but now I've got some mental energy to spare for Maztica once more.

And the impetus for returning to Maztica came from the recent release of the revised Artificer class from the Unearthed Arcana column by Wizards of the Coast. I've long had the conviction that Plumaweavers and Hishnashapers, which were originally published as rogue kits, are best described as Artificers under the 5e rule, and now I've finally gotten off my posterior and written up a first draft for appropriate Artificer subclasses, which you can read about here.

Furthermore, this is going to be my first publication for my Returned Maztica line - in addition to the Artificer game mechanics, I will also write up some supplementary material on how Artificers fit into Maztica as well as generic stat blocks for NPC Artificers. Here is a first excerpt:

While I will try to cram in as many references to my Returned Maztica setting, the mechanics should work just fine with other versions of Maztica - such as the fine work Seethyr has been doing all those years.
Returned Maztica - a new vision for Maztica in the 5th Edition era of the Forgotten Realms! Learn how the continent has changed after invasions and dragonfire, and take part as the people of Maztica finally take their destinies into their own hands!

Jürgen Hubert
Bugbear

Re: Artificer Subclasses - Plumaweaver and Hishnashaper

Post by Jürgen Hubert » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:56 am

Oh, and if anyone wants to look over the final draft before I publish it, please drop me a line - it should be done in another week or two.
Returned Maztica - a new vision for Maztica in the 5th Edition era of the Forgotten Realms! Learn how the continent has changed after invasions and dragonfire, and take part as the people of Maztica finally take their destinies into their own hands!

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:02 pm

Looks really good to me. Great layout and presentation! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Jürgen Hubert
Bugbear

Post by Jürgen Hubert » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:37 pm

Havard wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:02 pm
Looks really good to me. Great layout and presentation! :)

-Havard
Thanks, though it's admittedly not mine - I used the awesome D&D 5E LaTeX template from GitHub.

I will likely modify the background image and the footer slightly, but it largely does what I need. Including monster stat blocks where you only have to fill in the details and the template takes care of the formatting.

Return to “Maztica”