[Anchorome] Thri-Kreen of Athas for Anchorome?

Mezo-American adventures in Maztica, the True World.
The Book-House: Find Maztica products.
Seethyr
Couatl

[Anchorome] Thri-Kreen of Athas for Anchorome?

Post by Seethyr » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 pm

So I’m asking this likely a bit too late, but I just ordered myself a copy of Thri-Kreen of Athas and was wondering how much goodness I’ll find in this book.

There is a region of Anchorome known as The Land of the Mantis Men which is supposed to be a region (obviously) full of thri-kreen. I have heard that in Thri-Kreen of Athas, they mention that the thri-kreen might have originated there and spread throughout the multiverse using powerful psionics. Since there is no real canonical origin to the Anchorome thri-kreen, I think this is the origin I might go with.

What do I have to look forward to here? Is it a book worth updating to 5e and applying to Anchorome’s lore?
All Maztica Alive Netbooks Available in the Link:The Maztica Alive Campaign

Newest Book: TWC6 True World Bestiary II - Monsters A-H

Maztica Alive! Yahoo Group Join Us

Louis_bowwow
Orc

Re: [Anchorome] Thri-Kreen of Athas for Anchorome?

Post by Louis_bowwow » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:24 am

It’s not a bad book. It introduces a separate breed of thri-kreen called tohr-kreen. They are slightly bigger and more intelligent/civilized. There are like six sub races that they detail of the tohr-kreen as well. I want to say there is a degenerate race too, but it has been a bit since I read it. Most of the information is based in a region of Athas called the Kreen empire or something like that. All in all not a bad book.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Seethyr wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 pm
What do I have to look forward to here? Is it a book worth updating to 5e and applying to Anchorome’s lore?
According to the DMs Guild page for Thri-Kreen of Athas Tim Beach has written some information that is not about Athas:
Shannon Appelcline at DMs Guild wrote:Expanding Other Realms. Some short notes discuss the thri-kreen's place in TSR's other worlds. They primarily dwell on the worlds of Oerth and Toril, in the Demiplane of Dread, and scattered across Wildspace.
The full size preview includes the contents section and that shows the Three-Kreen of Other Worlds section is on page 84.

There is also an adventure, by Dori Hein, called The Taste of Fear. You might be able to convert that to Anchorome.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Seethyr
Couatl

Post by Seethyr » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:35 pm

What a pleasant surprise. Of all things Thri-Kreen of Athas actually mentions Anchorome by name!
Thri-Kreen of Athas wrote:
Where the Kreen Are
...Potential locations include the plains of Anchorome, north of Maztica...
Louis_bowwow wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:24 am
It’s not a bad book. It introduces a separate breed of thri-kreen called tohr-kreen. They are slightly bigger and more intelligent/civilized. There are like six sub races that they detail of the tohr-kreen as well. I want to say there is a degenerate race too, but it has been a bit since I read it. Most of the information is based in a region of Athas called the Kreen empire or something like that. All in all not a bad book.
I just got it and only have had time for a quick skim, but it really does an excellent job going into everything from their language, to their physical and psychological nature, to their culture. There is a ton of inspiration to be had here, particularly if we consider many of these traits to be universal to kreen universe-wide.
Big Mac wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:22 pm
Seethyr wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 pm
According to the DMs Guild page for Thri-Kreen of Athas Tim Beach has written some information that is not about Athas:
Shannon Appelcline at DMs Guild wrote:Expanding Other Realms. Some short notes discuss the thri-kreen's place in TSR's other worlds. They primarily dwell on the worlds of Oerth and Toril, in the Demiplane of Dread, and scattered across Wildspace.
The full size preview includes the contents section and that shows the Three-Kreen of Other Worlds section is on page 84.

There is also an adventure, by Dori Hein, called The Taste of Fear. You might be able to convert that to Anchorome.
Yes, when I got it I went looking specifically for those parts thank to your nod. I’m going to read through the adventure, but it seems very Athas specific as I pore through it.
All Maztica Alive Netbooks Available in the Link:The Maztica Alive Campaign

Newest Book: TWC6 True World Bestiary II - Monsters A-H

Maztica Alive! Yahoo Group Join Us

Return to “Maztica”