Can’t Wait Anymore

The clack is some barmies think the great circle is about to disappear...
The Book-House: Find Planescape products.

Moderator: agathokles

Seethyr
Fire Giant

Can’t Wait Anymore

Post by Seethyr » Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 pm

I’ve been trying for years to be patient waiting for an update to Planescape. I know there are bits and pieces of lore found here and there but I am pining for a solid 5e update. I mean mechanics, lore - the works. I don’t honestly know the point of this post, I just kind of needed to vent :D

Really though, I’d like to create some demiplanes or regions of known planes myself but I don’t want it all to become obsolete or contradicted when PS finally does make an appearance. Anyone else getting ansy? I’m sure the SJ crowd feels similar.
All Maztica Alive Netbooks Available in the Link:The Maztica Alive Campaign

Newest Book: TWC6 True World Bestiary II - Monsters A-H

Maztica Alive! Yahoo Group Join Us

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Can’t Wait Anymore

Post by Tim Baker » Thu May 10, 2018 11:01 pm

I don't know if Planescape will be supported officially anytime soon, but Mortenkainen's Tome of Foes will be out in a week, and I have no doubt it'll be valuable for a 5e Planescape game.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

Seethyr
Fire Giant

Post by Seethyr » Thu May 10, 2018 11:21 pm

Tim Baker wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:01 pm
I don't know if Planescape will be supported officially anytime soon, but Mortenkainen's Tome of Foes will be out in a week, and I have no doubt it'll be valuable for a 5e Planescape game.
That’s true - there should be a lot a good lore in there from what I’ve read. I’m always begging and hoping for lore. But here’s a case I actually want a small amount of crunch too.
All Maztica Alive Netbooks Available in the Link:The Maztica Alive Campaign

Newest Book: TWC6 True World Bestiary II - Monsters A-H

Maztica Alive! Yahoo Group Join Us

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Thu May 10, 2018 11:23 pm

Seethyr wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:21 pm
But here’s a case I actually want a small amount of crunch too.
Between the player options (new races) and the monster section, I think you'll have more than a "small amount" of crunch. It sounds like the book will be split up in a manner similar to Volo's Guide to Monsters, which was at least 50% crunch.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Thu May 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Seethyr wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 pm
Really though, I’d like to create some demiplanes or regions of known planes myself but I don’t want it all to become obsolete or contradicted when PS finally does make an appearance. Anyone else getting ansy? I’m sure the SJ crowd feels similar.
I doubt WotC has any interest in Planescape. Or Spelljammer. IF they appear again, they'll be integrated into one of their seasonal adventures, not sourcebooks in and of their own right. At best maybe a brief supplement that might give rules on a few new PC races and options.

I'd just make up what you need, and if WotC ever gets around to it, just incorporate it with what you already have. With Spelljammer, its easy, particularly if you create your own sandbox and avoid Realmspace (mostly) and Krynn/Grey space (which, unless WotC gets one heck of a wild hair, will never appear again in published products in anything more than a paragraph).
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie » Fri May 11, 2018 6:56 am

I think everyone that is after non-FR and non-Ravenloft product is getting antsy!

They are doing a good thing by not releasing en-masse like 2e and 3e suffered from, but this is ridiculous. They could at least open up the other areas for people to work on.

sam
Gnoll

Post by sam » Fri May 11, 2018 10:08 am

You need to lower your expectations.:)

Return to “Planescape”