5e Planescape: pre- or post-Faction War?

The clack is some barmies think the great circle is about to disappear...
The Book-House: Find Planescape products.

Moderator: agathokles

zontoxira
Planewalker

5e Planescape: pre- or post-Faction War?

Post by zontoxira » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:38 pm

Assuming WotC eventually tackle all settings and we sooner or later get our hands on a Planescape resource book, as in the case of Eberron, do you think they will ignore or advance the events of Faction War? The former case keeps the "philosophical conflict between groups" and the fragile balance thereof, while the latter does away with factions, making for a simpler game but lacking its central theme of power struggle.
To me, Sigil without its factions feels empty and uninspiring, more like a generic high-fantasy city with a fancy design. But, judging from two Dragon articles (#315 and #370), that update any information about Sigil for 3e and 4e respectively, it is more likely we'll see the story being furthered in 5e.
Have a look at my Dark Sun 5e Reconstruction or Planescape 5e Belief System
---
Cager extraordinaire, at your service!
---
"There are no saints in the animal kingdom. Only breakfast, and dinner." - Lorne Malvo

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Re: 5e Planescape: pre- or post-Faction War?

Post by ripvanwormer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:38 pm

My biggest complaint is that they didn't advance things further, but instead let Sigil languish in its post-war state, something Monte Cook and Ray Vallese never intended to be permanent. Either bring in a new set of factions or reboot the setting to where it began.

Corsair14
Hobgoblin

Re: 5e Planescape: pre- or post-Faction War?

Post by Corsair14 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:14 pm

Pre and pretend the faction war never happens.

Return to “Planescape”