Other Planescape Websites

The clack is some barmies think the great circle is about to disappear...
The Book-House: Find Planescape products.

Moderators: Idabrius, agathokles

Other Planescape Websites

Postby Ashtagon » Sun May 25, 2008 9:52 am

Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!
Ashtagon
Hierarch

Re: Other Planescape Websites

Postby McDeath » Tue May 27, 2008 5:30 am

(moved links to top post - Ashtagon)
McDeath
Hobgoblin

Postby agathokles » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:07 am

Toni DiTerlizzi is publishing new Planescape-themed sketches.

GP
agathokles
Red Dragon

Postby Plaag » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:32 pm

I reject your reality and substitute my own
Plaag
Troll

Postby Idabrius » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:52 pm

Wow, nice find Shane.

10th Age books on Lulu
10th Age and 2e downloads on the Frothing Mug

Moderator of the Homebrew, Birthright, Planescape, Dark Sun, and the Orc's Revenge boards. My moderator voice is green.
Idabrius
Hill Giant

Postby Idabrius » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Jon Winter's Mimir site is falling into disarray and collapse. The front page no longer loads things, and some links are dying here and there. This is a blow to me and probably to all Planescape fans, as the Mimir is one of the most creative, ingenious, and exhaustive collections of Planescape data ever assembled. Their cant dictionary (while it does contain some things I wish it didn't, particularly a few Hitchhiker's Guide references) is huge and well-planned out.

If you want any information from the Mimir I suggest you collect it now - that, or we can start a Save the Mimir program!

10th Age books on Lulu

Moderator of the Homebrew, Birthright, Planescape, Dark Sun, and the Orc's Revenge boards. My moderator voice is green.
Idabrius
Hill Giant

Postby agathokles » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 am

Idabrius wrote:Jon Winter's Mimir site is falling into disarray and collapse. The front page no longer loads things, and some links are dying here and there. This is a blow to me and probably to all Planescape fans, as the Mimir is one of the most creative, ingenious, and exhaustive collections of Planescape data ever assembled. Their cant dictionary (while it does contain some things I wish it didn't, particularly a few Hitchhiker's Guide references) is huge and well-planned out.

If you want any information from the Mimir I suggest you collect it now - that, or we can start a Save the Mimir program!

That's sad, but the Mimir has been falling into disarray for years now :(
It was indeed the best Planescape site, with a lot of useful content.

GP
agathokles
Red Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Idabrius wrote:If you want any information from the Mimir I suggest you collect it now - that, or we can start a Save the Mimir program!

Have you contacted Planewalker.com? They may be willing to store an archived copy of the Mimir. (I say this because I know that Beyond the Moons has "saved" several Spelljammer websites from being lost and Dragonlance Nexus has "saved" several Dragonlance websites from being lost.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Idabrius » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:14 pm

I did not think of that, but I'll shoot over there and ask them what their opinion is. Hopefully they'll want to help!

10th Age books on Lulu

Idabrius
Hill Giant

Postby Clueless » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Our opinion is: We'd love to host an archive of the site - we already have one archive of the On the Wings of Mephit's fiction archive, and we certainly have the space for the Mimir as well. I've been trying to contact Jon at the Mimir for years now, but he seems to have entirely vanished.

We're currently looking into ways to crawl the Mimir to archive the whole thing in case it does go offline unexpectedly.
Clueless
Kobold

Postby Idabrius » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Excellent! The stuff up there has benefited many Planescape games over the years, and it would really be a shame to lose it.

10th Age books on Lulu

Idabrius
Hill Giant

Postby Big Mac » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:22 am

Clueless wrote:We're currently looking into ways to crawl the Mimir to archive the whole thing in case it does go offline unexpectedly.

I hope you can figure a way to automate this, rather than have to do it manually.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby agathokles » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:27 am

Big Mac wrote:
Clueless wrote:We're currently looking into ways to crawl the Mimir to archive the whole thing in case it does go offline unexpectedly.

I hope you can figure a way to automate this, rather than have to do it manually.

wget -m http://www.mimir.net

from any linux machine.

G.
agathokles
Red Dragon

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:54 pm

Big Mac wrote:

Was this a successful endeavor or did the level of interest wane with the passage of time?
Agamemnon
Kobold

Postby Big Mac » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Agamemnon wrote:
Big Mac wrote:

Was this a successful endeavor or did the level of interest wane with the passage of time?

I'm not sure. Clueless has not posted here, since she posted that message and my main contact with Planewalker.com has been tied up with other stuff for ages. ;(

But I did speak to the author of the Mimir and I think he intends to fix his website at some point.

BTW: Welcome to The Piazza.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby ripvanwormer » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:29 am

I archived the whole Mimir years ago. And Jon Winter did indeed post on Planewalker.com to say that he intended to tidy things up a bit.
ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Postby Angel Tarragon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:53 am

Planescraft: Planescape for FantasyCraft
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Colin McComb » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:45 am

ripvanwormer wrote:Oh, Jon Winter of the Mimir finally did reply to this thread at Planewalker.com. He's alive and well, though busy, and he's slowly doing more work on his site.

I am really glad to hear this. You guys all did some fantastic work with the setting.
Oathbreaker, Book 1: The Knight's Tale
Now in e-print: my first fiction! (people say it's pretty good)
Colin McComb
Hobgoblin

Postby Big Mac » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:31 pm

Colin McComb wrote:
ripvanwormer wrote:Oh, Jon Winter of the Mimir finally did reply to this thread at Planewalker.com. He's alive and well, though busy, and he's slowly doing more work on his site.

I am really glad to hear this. You guys all did some fantastic work with the setting.

It goes to show what a great job that you and the other TSR crew did that campaign settings that have had little to no commercial support for decades can inspire not just fandom in your own work, but secondary fandom in the fansites that have picked up the torch that TSR or WotC have dropped.

There is some awesome stuff out there, and it is great to see these old worlds (or planes in this case) carry on. :cool:
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Planescape