Project Organization Request

A Complete 3.5E conversion of all things Mystara.

Moderators: Havard, Gawain_VIII

Giorgio
Ogre

Project Organization Request

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:47 am

Roger,

I want to do my part in helping to get this project going again, and I have one request to assist in making it easier for me to contribute to the effort. Could you make a sticky of each of the primary topics so everyone can find the relevant information in one place and not scattered over many pages?

For example:
• Introduction
• Ch. 1-Characters
• Ch. 2-Magic
• Ch. 3-Life in the KW
• Ch. 4-Geography
• Ch. 5-Immortals
• Ch. 6-History
• Ch. 7-Organizations
• Ch. 8-Running the World
• Ch. 9-Monsters

I know it would help me to get organized. :)

Also, will you be writing the rules using the D&D 3.5 rule set (no longer officially supported) or the Pathfinder/D&D 3.75 rule set (actively supported)?

George

Gawain_VIII
Storm Giant

Re: Project Organization Request

Post by Gawain_VIII » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 am

George,

Thank you for your support, and I'll take all the help I can get. It might take me some time, but I'll try to organize the subforum a bit better, possibly today if I find the time. As of now, I'm writing for 3.5 as that's the ruleset to which I have access/knowledge--while Pathfinder certainly has many great modifications to the 3e rules, I simply cannot write what I don't know. *shrug*

I'll get back on this as soon as my schedule allows. You'll be happy to know I have been slowly making progress on my local copy, but haven't found the time to compile it all for posting... again, as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Roger
"Time does not heal all things--only swift and decisive action does." --Roger LaVern Girtman, II, 17 April 2010
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Classic Campaigns, my Mystara fansite
Moderator of The Piazza's Mystara and M3e Project forums.

Giorgio
Ogre

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:06 am

Pathfinder took D&D 3.5, polished it, made some of the "bad" parts better, and is for me is a more refined version of the game I already love.

Feel free to get the free rules here:
(http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/)

Although I prefer the more "open" fan version instead (Just take a look at the expanded races, classes and equipment sections!)

(http://www.d20pfsrd.com/Home)

But even before you do that, first I recommend you take a look at the free 3.5 conversion document, it does a great job of summarizing the changes and making it easy for a GM to convert his D&D 3.5 information to the D&D 3.75 version.

(http://paizo.com/store/downloads/pathfi ... 48btpy89m6)

(Take a look at the improved base classes and races, and dare tell me that they are not better off now!)

Go ahead, take a look, I will wait. :)

Giorgio
Ogre

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:11 am

Gawain_VIII wrote: Thank you for your support, and I'll take all the help I can get.
I am working now on my Pathfinder Mystara campaign, and I am using your work as my baseline. So you are actually helping me to improve my game, and for that I thank you. :)

I have a lot I want to write at this moment, but its Saturday 10:30 pm local time and my girlfriend is demanding attention (talk about a nasty CR when she gets unhappy!).

I will follow up tomorrow with a post on revised racial ability modifiers for your races, expanded class options for everyone, and questions on adding new races.

So much to write, so little time to do so….

Good night, George

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:54 pm

Giorgio,
how about compiling a separate booklet for Mystara Pathfinder, though using much of the same material? If you guys work together we can get two Mystara guides for the price of one? :)

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Giorgio
Ogre

Post by Giorgio » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Havard wrote:Giorgio,
how about compiling a separate booklet for Mystara Pathfinder, though using much of the same material? If you guys work together we can get two Mystara guides for the price of one? :)

Havard
Well, the D&D 3.5 rules have been discontinued by WOTC and Pathfinder [aka D&D 3.75] is currently supported, free online, a more polished version of the rules, 95% + compatible with 3.5, and is alive and well, so I am hoping he agrees it’s a better rule set for his conversion project. :D

If he doesn’t switch, I will be helping him complete his work and using it as a basis for a PF version with his permission of course.

George

Gawain_VIII
Storm Giant

Post by Gawain_VIII » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Giorgio wrote:

Havard
Well, the D&D 3.5 rules have been discontinued by WOTC and Pathfinder [aka D&D 3.75] is currently supported, free online, a more polished version of the rules, 95% + compatible with 3.5, and is alive and well, so I am hoping he agrees it’s a better rule set for his conversion project. :D

If he doesn’t switch, I will be helping him complete his work and using it as a basis for a PF version with his permission of course.

George
Again, see my response here. Take special note of reason 3.
"Time does not heal all things--only swift and decisive action does." --Roger LaVern Girtman, II, 17 April 2010
Classic Campaigns, my Mystara fansite
Moderator of The Piazza's Mystara and M3e Project forums.

Giorgio
Ogre

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Havard
I am doing something like that over in the main Mystara forum, but the going has been slow and I have been getting little feedback so far. I am trying to learn more about the Mystara setting as I go and work on my campaign, and I hope to add something useful to body of work created so far. :)

Return to “Mystara 3E Conversion Project”