[Suzerain] Is Suzerain a campaign setting?

Discuss published campaign worlds that do not have a specific forum here.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Suzerain] Is Suzerain a campaign setting?

Post by Big Mac » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:37 pm

One of my friends on Faceborg invited me to like something called Savage Mojo.

I couldn't tell exactly what it is, but it seems they publish something called Suzerain. That looks like a campaign setting, but their Suzerain forum is actually choc-full of what looks like product announcements, and I can't find out anything about the world.

Does anyone know about Suzerain or Savage Mojo? Do you know where I can find the "elevator pitch" that explains what this thing is?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [Suzerain] Is Suzerain a campaign setting?

Post by Havard » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:13 pm

Savage Mojo, previously known as Talisman Studios are the publishers of Suzerain and Shaintar for Savage Worlds.

Suzerain is not just a world, but a multiverse called the Maelstron. Within the Maelstrom are hundreds of Realms including anything from Fantasy to Sci Fi worlds. In Suzerain characters begin in one realm and gradually become powerful enough to begin exploring the other parts of the Maelstrom.

The realms detailed in the Suzerain Core book are:
  • The Spirit World
  • The Realm of the Archangels
  • The Realm of Yggdrasil
  • The Realm of the Pure Mages
  • The Realm of Mount Olympus
  • The Realm of Fire
  • The Red Realm
  • The Realm of the Ascendant Order
  • The Fey Realm of Dreams

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Thanks Havard. I found a link to a suzerain.info website on your second link. That had a Suzerain article that was quite interesting.

I'm still not 100 percent with this, because what you described sounded like a number of worlds in a multi-world setting (like Planescape) but this sounds more like time-travel. :?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:32 pm

Big Mac wrote:I'm still not 100 percent with this, because what you described sounded like a number of worlds in a multi-world setting (like Planescape) but this sounds more like time-travel. :?
Apparently, The Maelstrom allows heroes to travel in both Time and Space. The book goes into alot of detail on how it is difficult to change the past timeline etc.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Savage Mojo
Goblin

Post by Savage Mojo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi there folks <waves>. I'm Miles, the lead developer for Suzerain and I wanted to come by to give you all some more info about what Suzerain is, about what it does, and about anything else you want me to talk about :-)

What is Suzerain? Well, it's a setting that allows heroes to adventure in a thousand bits of reality (we call them realms). Some are where mortals live - the past, present and future we all know, but with magic thrown in - and some are immortal realms - where gods and great spirits live, for instance.

is it GURPsian? TORGesque? Is it Planescape revisited? Perhaps a bit of all three, in that you can take the same characters between realms if you want. But here's the secret: <whispers> you don't have to, and Suzerain isn't broken if you don't. It's still a neat way to bring together your favorite gaming spaces. You have Forgotten Realms characters? Great! As part of the Suzerain continuum they can go from there, through the city of Sigil, and on to Ravenloft.

Or, if you're willing to give us a shot, to one of Savage Mojo's realms. Keeping in the fantasy space we have Caladon Falls (high fantasy during a war) and Dungeonlands (an old school killer dungeon trilogy we're just doing now). Pushing outwards a little, there's Dogs of Hades, either "Spartans in Space" or "300 meets Dune" - take your pick. Then we get away from fantasy altogether and instead have ENnie Aware winner Shanghai Vampocalypse, where your high level heroes take on eight million vampires for a night. And there's more besides.

Now, here are some resources you might find useful if you want to know more:

First of all, Big Mac already hit on a good overview we've posted here. That's a neat start. You might also want to check out our interactive PDF, Suzerain Continuum - it's a freebie, so go ahead and download that. It uses a few fancy bits of PDF code, so if your PDF browser doesn't display it correctly, we've got you covered. All that's in the PDF is also here.

Finally, I'd recommend having a look at the Savage Suzerain core book - it outlines the concept and how it works really well for any gamer, and it's Pay What You Want, so you can't go far wrong with that, right? Savage Suzerain is doubly useful because the campaign in the GM's section gives a neat idea of how we mix realms, fantasy and other genres, throughout a character's career, from lowly "off the farm newbie" to demigod and beyond.

I hope that gave you all a little more ammunition, but feel free to ask questions.

Happy Suzeraining,

-MMK
Miles M Kantir
Suzerain Lead Developer
Last edited by Giant Space Hamster on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Broken link fixed by Big Mac
Savage Mojo
Creators of the Suzerain continuum of linked realms
www.savagemojo.com
www.suzerain.info

Savage Mojo
Goblin

Post by Savage Mojo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:57 am

Following on from yesterday's "What is Suzerain?" post (tl;dr It's a multi-realm universe that houses many campaign settings and can incorporate all your favorites), I figured I'd add a little extra background.

Suzerain was first developed in 1997 with the 1st Ed. rule book launching in 2000. Those original slip-cased beauties are rare as hen's teeth these days. The 1st Ed. focused on giving a broad gaming experience to people who weren't long time roleplayers, more your LARPers or 'goth gamers' drawn in by the World of Darkness but who weren't steeped in D&D from the 1970s onwards.

New gamers loved that it was an entry point to gaming with an amazing storytelling style. Existing gamers hated it and thought they were being preached to. Fair enough. Suzerain and I (and it really was me as the driving force, back then) had a personal tragedy on the 11th of September 2001 which knocked both Suzerain and my personal life on its backside.

Then, about five years later, I was back and set up a new team. We had a fresh take on the Suzerain continuum, and created a 2nd Ed. - by gamers, for gamers this time. We had two versions, no less. One used our own rules system for balanced investigative, political, action and combat campaigns. The other was for Savage Worlds, focusing on campaigns that had high octane action as their focus.

More recently we retired our own rules version to focus on Savage Worlds and to begin developing for Pathfinder, which we feel offers another style of play quite different to the other two. We'll be putting our effort into Pathfinder and Savage Worlds a lot in the coming months, but keep an eye open for an announcement - our rules will be coming back in a new format too.

Since Suzerain is all about hitting any genre, any time period, any style and especially (because we at Savage Mojo all enjoy it) crossovers and unusual mash-ups, we feel it's appropriate to support the different play styles of different rules systems. We're constantly assessing whether Suzerain might offer new stories to tell if presented to other rules systems too, FATE, Hero system, 13th Age, and so on. We're probably busy enough right now but in the future, if there's something unique that Suzerain in one of these systems could offer that a Savage Worlds or Pathfinder version doesn't do so well... sure, we'd look into it.

There you have a little history, a little design philosophy, and a little personal background all in one.

Happy Suzeraining,

-MMK
Miles M Kantir
Suzerain Lead Developer
Savage Mojo
www.savagemojo.com
www.suzerain.info

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:37 am

Savage Mojo wrote:Hi there folks <waves>. I'm Miles, the lead developer for Suzerain and I wanted to come by to give you all some more info about what Suzerain is, about what it does, and about anything else you want me to talk about :-)
Hi Miles. Welcome to The Piazza. Thanks for coming over.

We have a special topic for that, called: Introduce yourself here. If you want to say hello to the community at large, and talk about your RPG interests or any other RPG projects you have been involved in (or talk about other things you like), you might want to post there.

As you are a developer, I will have to ask Havard to add you to his Celebrities on The Piazza list at some point. :) You might also be interested in an "industry news" forum at The Piazza called: The Wishing Well. If you want to drop your own news about product releases, that is the place to do it.
Savage Mojo wrote:What is Suzerain? Well, it's a setting that allows heroes to adventure in a thousand bits of reality (we call them realms). Some are where mortals live - the past, present and future we all know, but with magic thrown in - and some are immortal realms - where gods and great spirits live, for instance.
Sounds a bit like each of those realms is a subsetting (like Al-Qadim, Kara-Tur or Maztica is a subsetting of Forgotten Realms).

How much information is there on each realm? Is each one a one-shot product that tells you everything you need to know about that realm, or does each one have a mini-product line?
Savage Mojo wrote:is it GURPsian? TORGesque? Is it Planescape revisited? Perhaps a bit of all three, in that you can take the same characters between realms if you want. But here's the secret: <whispers> you don't have to, and Suzerain isn't broken if you don't. It's still a neat way to bring together your favorite gaming spaces. You have Forgotten Realms characters? Great! As part of the Suzerain continuum they can go from there, through the city of Sigil, and on to Ravenloft.
How easy would it be to turn that around and use realms from Suzerain as locations in the Planescape or Spelljammer campaign setting?
Savage Mojo wrote:Or, if you're willing to give us a shot, to one of Savage Mojo's realms. Keeping in the fantasy space we have Caladon Falls (high fantasy during a war) and Dungeonlands (an old school killer dungeon trilogy we're just doing now). Pushing outwards a little, there's Dogs of Hades, either "Spartans in Space" or "300 meets Dune" - take your pick. Then we get away from fantasy altogether and instead have ENnie Aware winner Shanghai Vampocalypse, where your high level heroes take on eight million vampires for a night. And there's more besides.
Some of these seem a bit more futuristic than others. :)
Savage Mojo wrote:Now, here are some resources you might find useful if you want to know more:

First of all, Big Mac already hit on a good overview we've posted here. That's a neat start. You might also want to check out our interactive PDF, Suzerain Continuum - it's a freebie, so go ahead and download that. It uses a few fancy bits of PDF code, so if your PDF browser doesn't display it correctly, we've got you covered. All that's in the PDF is also here.
Thanks.
Savage Mojo wrote:Finally, I'd recommend having a look at the Savage Suzerain core book - it outlines the concept and how it works really well for any gamer, and it's Pay What You Want, so you can't go far wrong with that, right? Savage Suzerain is doubly useful because the campaign in the GM's section gives a neat idea of how we mix realms, fantasy and other genres, throughout a character's career, from lowly "off the farm newbie" to demigod and beyond.

I hope that gave you all a little more ammunition, but feel free to ask questions.

Happy Suzeraining,

-MMK
Miles M Kantir
Suzerain Lead Developer
Thanks Miles. There is lots to look at there.

Savage Mojo
Goblin

Post by Savage Mojo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:22 am

Thanks for the responses, Big Mac. I'll definitely drop by the introduction topic and say hi to everyone. The wishing well sounds useful too - keeps the announcements in one place and not cluttering the discussions. I'm pretty sure Loki will be letting everyone know what's new and hot over there regularly :-)

Happy Suzeraining,

-MMK
Miles M Kantir
Suzerain Lead Developer
Savage Mojo
www.savagemojo.com
www.suzerain.info

Savage Mojo
Goblin

Post by Savage Mojo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:23 am

Sounds a bit like each of those realms is a subsetting (like Al-Qadim, Kara-Tur or Maztica is a subsetting of Forgotten Realms).
Right - I think that's a decent analogy. We're keen to keep enough distance between them to allow your gaming group to play in one realm only and never leave, but we're weaving enough links into things that there are campaigns to be had that span multiple realms. Different groups like different things and even change in the middle of playing with the same characters, so we really value that flexibility.

In fact, in the third part of the Dungeonlands trilogy, which we're just editing for layout now, characters who've been going through an old school killer dungeon come across an area where they have to cross a cavern full of splinters from different realms, always morphing and swirling so your heroes never know where they're going to end up next. Rather than encounters being rooms in a dungeon, they're a village in a dark fantasy setting, a pyramid in ancient Egypt, a dreamscape winter in the Fey Realm of Dreams and so on. As a GM you get to choose which realms they go through - you might stick to the fantasy realms or enjoy the idea of the crashed spaceship because it evokes the classic D&D module Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (S3).

Happy Suzeraining,

-MMK
Miles M Kantir
Suzerain Lead Developer
Savage Mojo
www.savagemojo.com
www.suzerain.info

Savage Mojo
Goblin

Post by Savage Mojo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:23 am

How easy would it be to turn that around and use realms from Suzerain as locations in the Planescape or Spelljammer campaign setting?
Really easy. We'd love for people to do just that. Jump in and make it happen. For Savage Worlds we've only tweaked Suzerain a bit, so just follow the lead from the opening section of Savage Suzerain and you'll be fine from a rules perspective. Pathfinder's even easier since we're not doing anything outside of the existing rules set. As for the setting backgrounds and the way they play - any of the Suzerain realms should slot in instantly.

Happy Suzeraining,

-MMK
Miles M Kantir
Suzerain Lead Developer
Savage Mojo
www.savagemojo.com
www.suzerain.info

Savage Mojo
Goblin

Post by Savage Mojo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:24 am

Is each one a one-shot product that tells you everything you need to know about that realm, or does each one have a mini-product line?
It varies immensely. because there are potentially thousands of realms out there, we haven't got around to doing a whole line of books for every one <grins>. So far we've focused on showing some breadth and some depth to the realms.

To show the breadth of what's on offer we've released a full campaign for six realms with another two coming in the next two months, plus we're created dozens of individual scenarios in other realms, each designed for a session of gameplay. Some are in the Savage Suzerain book, others stand-alone like the Quantum Sliders we've got on DriveThruRPG/RPGnow until the end of September. The realm encounters in the final Dungeonlands book also fit the bill. We'll be doing a lot more of that along the way.

To show depth, we've taken certain realms and released multiple campaigns in them: Dungeonlandsand American Grit (through the Millennium Knights and Noir Knights books) immediately spring to mind. Expect to see more realms where we provide multiple campaigns. And don't forget that we're bringing out five free scenarios for each realm too, so that gives depth too, fleshing out around the edges of each sub-setting.

Wow, that went longer than I intended. These are great questions!

Happy Suzeraining,

-MMK
Miles M Kantir
Suzerain Lead Developer
Savage Mojo
www.savagemojo.com
www.suzerain.info

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Savage Mojo wrote:
Really easy. We'd love for people to do just that. Jump in and make it happen. For Savage Worlds we've only tweaked Suzerain a bit, so just follow the lead from the opening section of Savage Suzerain and you'll be fine from a rules perspective. Pathfinder's even easier since we're not doing anything outside of the existing rules set. As for the setting backgrounds and the way they play - any of the Suzerain realms should slot in instantly.
That's an interesting statement, Miles. Does that mean that Suzerain used to run under different rules before Savage Worlds? If so, what rules did the "old school" version of Suzerain run under?

(Or did you just mean you tweaked it from the Pathfinder version?)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:51 pm

Savage Mojo wrote:
Is each one a one-shot product that tells you everything you need to know about that realm, or does each one have a mini-product line?
It varies immensely. because there are potentially thousands of realms out there, we haven't got around to doing a whole line of books for every one <grins>. So far we've focused on showing some breadth and some depth to the realms.

To show the breadth of what's on offer we've released a full campaign for six realms with another two coming in the next two months, plus we're created dozens of individual scenarios in other realms, each designed for a session of gameplay. Some are in the Savage Suzerain book, others stand-alone like the Quantum Sliders we've got on DriveThruRPG/RPGnow until the end of September. The realm encounters in the final Dungeonlands book also fit the bill. We'll be doing a lot more of that along the way.

To show depth, we've taken certain realms and released multiple campaigns in them: Dungeonlandsand American Grit (through the Millennium Knights and Noir Knights books) immediately spring to mind. Expect to see more realms where we provide multiple campaigns. And don't forget that we're bringing out five free scenarios for each realm too, so that gives depth too, fleshing out around the edges of each sub-setting.
The five free scenarios sounds like a good way for people to try-before-they-buy. (And a good way for people to have a chat about Suzerain realms here to work out which ones they might be interested in.) :)

Savage Mojo
Goblin

Post by Savage Mojo » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Big Mac wrote:
That's an interesting statement, Miles. Does that mean that Suzerain used to run under different rules before Savage Worlds? If so, what rules did the "old school" version of Suzerain run under?

(Or did you just mean you tweaked it from the Pathfinder version?)
Loki here. In the beginning Suzerain ran under it's own system: the new retired Mojo Rules. It made the transition to Savage Worlds a few years later and that is where core development occurred until about 2-3 years ago. That was when the Pathfinder version of the rules debuted with our Dungeonlands triology (Tomb, Machine, and Palace of the Lich Queen).

Now we are developing for both systems and have discrete teams for each one. We don't want to create "conversions" from one to the other, but rather develop each independently so that the rules created do maximum justice to each system. We hope that the recent release of our Suzerain core book for Pathfinder will demonstrate that.

If you've got any other questions just let me know!
Savage Mojo
www.savagemojo.com
www.suzerain.info

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 pm

That is interesting. I had no idea Suzerain was originally created for a different system. It always seemed so well integrated with Savage Worlds that I would never have guessed :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:40 am

PC's become demigods?
Is this something akin to BECMI's Immortal Set, or closer to Pathfinders Mythics?

Savage Mojo
Goblin

Post by Savage Mojo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:41 am

I think Richard Moore, our Pathfinder Editor said it best a few days ago over on the Paizo forums:

Suzerain is indeed an overlay, but one extrapolated from the core mechanics of the game so as to be easier to manage at the table. It's the rules you already know from the CRB and the APG, but amped up to the Nth degree with a much faster progression of stats from levels 1 to 10--and after that point, a host of new feats that can supercharge your PC's performance. Your characters acquire signature artifacts called telesmae and gain access to Pulse, a wellspring of power that lets you (and your enemies) alter reality at a mere whim. This mechanic requires some trust between a GM and his or her players to adjudicate, yet isn't so squishy as to be confused with something out of a strongly narrative game like Fate.

Setting-wise, what you get is a lot of write ups for the realms which the gods and demigods populate and control, often with mechanics unique to that corner of the multiverse--monsters, racial options, equipment, and more. The included campaign starts off as a fairly ordinary fantasy romp and becomes anything but that by its bombastic conclusion. There are also other shorter adventure ideas included to take you to even more far-flung locales in the Continuum, complete with mechanics to help a GM bring them to life quickly and vividly.
Savage Mojo
www.savagemojo.com
www.suzerain.info

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:23 pm

In my list of Savage Worlds settings, I noted that Shaintar and Caladon Falls are both part of the Suzerain multiverse. Are there other published settings that are part of the Suzerain Multiverse?

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Savage Mojo
Goblin

Post by Savage Mojo » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:57 am

Sure! Suzerain has (to date) the following settings:

Shaintar (many books)
Caladon (Caladon Falls plus two more coming)
Dungeonlands (trilogy)
The SPA (Noir Knights and Millennium Knights plus one more planned)
Shanghai Vampocalypse (just the one major setting book)
Fey Realm of Dreams (one major book: Clockwork Dreams)
Garden of Athena (one major book: Dogs of Hades)
Set Rising (just the one major setting book)
Nightfall (one major book: Nocturne)

Each of those is a totally independent setting and each has at least one full campaign set in it. I'm not mentioning other realms we've only covered in small adventures or mini-campaigns.
Savage Mojo
www.savagemojo.com
www.suzerain.info

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:52 pm

Savage Mojo wrote:Sure! Suzerain has (to date) the following settings:

Shaintar (many books)
Caladon (Caladon Falls plus two more coming)
Dungeonlands (trilogy)
The SPA (Noir Knights and Millennium Knights plus one more planned)
Shanghai Vampocalypse (just the one major setting book)
Fey Realm of Dreams (one major book: Clockwork Dreams)
Garden of Athena (one major book: Dogs of Hades)
Set Rising (just the one major setting book)
Nightfall (one major book: Nocturne)

Each of those is a totally independent setting and each has at least one full campaign set in it. I'm not mentioning other realms we've only covered in small adventures or mini-campaigns.
Wow, that is great!

I have been reading up on Shaintar and Caladon. Those are both quire interesting. Garden of Athena (Dogs of Hades) seems to be a "Greeks in space" setting so it reminds me quite a bit about the Hellas RPG? Could you give a bit of detail on all of these other settings? There are so many there that I had not even heard about. Are they all published by Savage Mojo?

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Savage Mojo
Goblin

Post by Savage Mojo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:09 am

Gladly. Here's a little bit from the back of the book, so to speak, from each setting:

Shaintar
Genre: Epic high fantasy adventuring.
Overview: Protecting the land from Flame and Darkness, keeping the demons of the Abyss at bay, and foiling the servants of the Necrolords wherever they appear. Wars rage between kingdoms and empires while evil forces invade the world through cracks in reality. Discover what epic means in the Shaintar: Legends Arise and Shaintar: Legends Unleashed books.
Standard Encounters: Grayson's Gray Rangers, Olaran knights, abyssal horrors, warrior adepts.

Relic*
Genre: A world war in a fantasy world.
Overview: An invasion by the savage forces of the Wild, spreading their Taint across the lands. First to be assaulted is the Caladon Kingdom in the Caladon Falls book, but that’s not the end of things. If you want a fantasy setting during an epic war, this is the realm for you. But beware – what if you’re not on the winning side?
Standard Encounters: Tainted foes, dragon kin, Warlocks, the great beasts of the mountains and marshes.
* I mentioned above that the realm was Caladon, which isn't quite true. The Caladon Kingdom is just one part of the Relic fantasy world. More Relic material is in the works :-)

Dungeonlands
Genre: Dungeon-delving fantasy.
Overview: When the young mage Ayrawn’s heart was corrupted, she slew her friends and created an island realm in the Maelstrom with their souls. Trapping the angel Anat deep under the island, as the Lich Queen she feeds on the essence of any hero who dares enter her killer dungeon. Sharpen your sword and be that hero with the Lich Queen books: Tomb of the Lich Queen, Machine of the Lich Queen and Palace of the Lich Queen.
Standard Encounters: Fantasy realm standards, from dragons to dark elves, orks to ogres. Also, trapped heroes who went into the Lich Queens tomb before your characters.

The SPA
Genre: James Bond meets the X-Files.
Overview: Founded in 1934, the Special Projects Administration (SPA) is a pan-governmental organization dedicated to finding and neutralizing global paranormal threats. By 1999 the world’s best spies and elite troops work at the SPA. The truth is out there, and it’s your job to eliminate it. You can do that in the 1930s with the Noir Knights book, or in 1999 with Millennium Knights.
Standard Encounters: Vampires, wolf-men, zombies, poltergeists, urban wizards… the usual candidates.

Shanghai Vampocalypse
Genre: Cyberpunk horror martial arts.
Overview: Circa seeks godhood, but there’s only one problem – he’s a demigod of madness, hunger and change, all rolled into one. To get what he wants, he hops between realms causing carnage, one step ahead of his pursuers. That’s your job, to hunt him and stop him. Catch Circa in Shanghai 2048 with the Shanghai Vampocalypse book. Play as ancient martial arts protectors of the city or as monster hunters from across time and space - your choice.
Standard Encounters: Vampires, lots of vampires. Mad, hungry vampires. And other lunatics and those who hunger for power.

Mechadia
Genre: Steampunk with faeries.
Overview: A fey Duke’s dying vision was so powerful it created a whole new realm – Mechadia, where the Industrial Revolution lives on as the elves and sprites, boggarts and trolls, and many other fey races tap into the dreams of mortal inventors to fuel their Victorian-era cities. Be that boggart in the Clockwork Dreams book, where pirates in airships are the romantic heroes of the day.
Standard Encounters: Waist-coated pixie inventor (plus crazy inventions), troll bouncers at the pub.

Garden of Athena
Genre: Spartans in space! Think of Frank Herbert's Dune on Mount Olympus and you won't be far off.
Overview: In the far future, Athena’s people have conquered many barbarian worlds, but in the wake of the Sakalid War it’s a tense place, full of political backstabbing and the ever-present prospect of armed conflict between the city states, which is the background to the Dogs of Hades book.
Standard Encounters: High-tech hoplites, politicking senators, barbarian warriors.

Sunfire Realm
Genre: Epic god-hunt through alternate realities.
Overview: The Egyptian god Set has broken from the others and set up his own, dark mirror of the Egyptian god-realm. His minions raid the mortal realms for an evil purpose. Ra’s looking for a group of demigods to find and stop the rogue god. You can take up the challenge with the Set Rising book.
Standard Encounters: Animal-headed adversaries, servitor spirits, a slave army, and… a rogue god!

Nightfall
Genre: Gothic horror meets dark fantasy.
Overview: The Nightfall is a cataclysmic event colliding a realm of gothic horror into a dark fantasy realm. The six shattered lands which are created each represent one frightening facet of the combined gothic and dark fantasy experience. Hunter or hunted? You choose, in the Nocturne book that's coming next from Savage Mojo!
Standard Encounters: Werewolves, vampires, witches (and not the good sort). Things that go bump in the night. Big, hungry things.
Savage Mojo
www.savagemojo.com
www.suzerain.info

Return to “Other Worlds”