[Sovereign Stone] Is anything else happening?

Discuss published campaign worlds that do not have a specific forum here.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Sovereign Stone] Is anything else happening?

Post by Big Mac » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:12 am

Back in 2013, I reported that Sovereign Stone was coming back, as a Pathfinder RPG product line.

The Kickstarter was a success, and I see Pathfinder RPG PDFs for Sovereign Stone for sale on DriveThru RPG, but I'm wondering what might happen next. From what I can tell, on the Kickstarter Updates page they are still delivering the final products (as PDFs) and then are looking into making print versions available around March.

But I am not sure if the entire product line is going to be available to non-backers as print versions or if that is going to be limited to Kickstarter backers. I am also not sure if this is a one-time only licence, or if Time Out Diversions might be able to make more Sovereign Stone content (with or without another Kickstarter).

Sadly, I missed the boat on this. Is anyone here a backer? Do they know what future Sovereign Stone might have?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

tmlee15
Kobold

Re: [Sovereign Stone] Is anything else happening?

Post by tmlee15 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi All,

This is Tony, the guy behind Pathfinder Sovereign Stone.

Because it is now a one-man operation and I'm admittedly still learning the production end that I'm very unfamiliar with, it will take more time to fully realize the vision and plans we had for Sovereign Stone, back when the production-guy/ex-partner and I had laid out. Fortunately, Larry is gracious enough to let me retain the license for the foreseeable future. So, once all Kickstarter commitments (which is priority at the moment) are fulfilled, I'll definitely look into distribution and offering more releases, since we have a lot yet to explore in the Sovereign Stone world of Loerem, like orks, Dominion Lords, Vrykyl, even post-novel and alternate story lines!

Not saying getting to that point will be easy or quick by any means, but it is an eventuality.

I'd be interested in hearing what anybody, backer or not, think. I'm known to take suggestions and questions :)

Thanks!

P.S.: BTW, the new Adventure Anthology PDF, a 135-page compilation of adventure scenarios for characters of level 1-10, has just been released and is available at Paizo, DriveThruRPG, RPGNow, and OBS affiliates for $9.95!
Tony Lee
Designer of Sovereign Stone Pathfinder Edition, Wild World Wrestling, WWE: Know Your Role, Extreme Vengeance, Killer Thriller, Chronicles of Ramlar, Odyssey Prime, Warchon.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:08 pm

Hey Tony,
welcome to The Piazza. I am a backer. Really looking forward to the return of Sovereign Stone :)

Edit: I took the liberty of adding you to our list of celebrities. :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:23 pm

tmlee15 wrote:Hi All,

This is Tony, the guy behind Pathfinder Sovereign Stone.

Because it is now a one-man operation and I'm admittedly still learning the production end that I'm very unfamiliar with, it will take more time to fully realize the vision and plans we had for Sovereign Stone, back when the production-guy/ex-partner and I had laid out.
Thanks Tony. I totally missed that had happened. I'm catching up with the Kickstarter updates right now. It's really great to know that you have made sure that the Kickstarter carried on moving forwards, even if it has not moved at the speed, I'm sure you wanted it to move at.
tmlee15 wrote:Fortunately, Larry is gracious enough to let me retain the license for the foreseeable future. So, once all Kickstarter commitments (which is priority at the moment) are fulfilled, I'll definitely look into distribution and offering more releases, since we have a lot yet to explore in the Sovereign Stone world of Loerem, like orks, Dominion Lords, Vrykyl, even post-novel and alternate story lines!

Not saying getting to that point will be easy or quick by any means, but it is an eventuality.
It's really awesome of Larry to keep Sovereign Stone in print. When something goes out of print, it of makes the expansion of canon loose momentum and that can cause the fanbase to become less active than before, so him letting you retain the licence, is going to stop that momentum from being lost. :)

Finding out about those other things could be pretty interesting.
tmlee15 wrote:I'd be interested in hearing what anybody, backer or not, think. I'm known to take suggestions and questions :)
Well, I really liked the Sovereign Stone novel trilogy, but it did leave me wondering where the races mentioned in the later novels (but not the first one) came from. So if your potential new products can make that a bit easier to understand and a bit easier to implement in a tabletop game, it would be great.
tmlee15 wrote:Thanks!

P.S.: BTW, the new Adventure Anthology PDF, a 135-page compilation of adventure scenarios for characters of level 1-10, has just been released and is available at Paizo, DriveThruRPG, RPGNow, and OBS affiliates for $9.95!
I saw that. It was part of the reason I mistakenly thought everything was finished. :oops:

Thanks for the correction...and the update.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun May 10, 2015 10:31 pm

The proof copy of the main core rulebook (Sovereign Stone Campaign Setting) has been delivered for checking! :D

ETA of the copies for backers is 30 days! :cool:

I'm not sure when the book will be available to non-backers, yet.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Sun May 10, 2015 11:05 pm

I completely missed the Sovereign Stone novels. Sounds like an interesting setting. I might pick up the iBook versions of the novels. ;)
Currently playing : Coriolis The Third Horizon • Working on : D&D5e in Calidar • Contemplating solo gaming with no DM.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun May 10, 2015 11:29 pm

shesheyan wrote:I completely missed the Sovereign Stone novels. Sounds like an interesting setting. I might pick up the iBook versions of the novels. ;)
It is an interesting setting. There have been several people posting Sovereign Stone topics on The Piazza since 2010. :)

The setting has had four different rulesets now (Sovereign Stone system, 3.0, 3.5 and Pathfinder RPG) and there are some free short stories on the official Sovereign Stone website.

Dragonhelm was talking about making a fansite back in 2011. I'm sure it would have been awesome, but he didn't go live with it. I think he held off on that, so that he was not taking away from the official website. :?

Return to “Other Worlds”