'Distant Realms' for D&D5e (and others)

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Stephanie McAlea
Kobold

'Distant Realms' for D&D5e (and others)

Post by Stephanie McAlea » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:15 am

Hi everyone,

My own fantasy world which I have been using with RuneQuest and D&D3.5 has now been made flesh in the shape of our latest Kickstarter. Distant Realms details a fantasy world called Atuannu with all of the main story arcs appearing on its continent of Leviathan. It is home to vagabond Elves, Cats (that can be played), a warrior race called the Mirim (8ft tall and with the skin of a shark and cold black eyes to match), and many human nations. These human nations were brought over via magical gates to Atuannu by the cats and elves and from an Earth about to drown in an ancient flood. Saved by these Leviathans, the humans began to breed the local denizens out and take control.

The gates still exist and while some of them lead to other planets and realms, a few lead back to modern day Earth. A few of those who wander the dark paths of Earth may find their way through one of these gates...

Please watch the video and read the details on our KS page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... -leviathan

We've only 10 hours to go so pledge while you can! While the book itself is systemless, a FREE PDF will be produced with the stats and character details for D&D5e, Pathfinder, Chivalry & Sorcery, and Legend.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: 'Distant Realms' for D&D5e (and others)

Post by Tim Baker » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:39 am

Looks like it just funded with 8 hours to go. Congratulations!

Stephanie McAlea
Kobold

Post by Stephanie McAlea » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:57 am

Thanks, Tim! I'm hoping we can get a few more pledges before it closes ☺

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:35 am

Hello Stephanie,
welcome to The Piazza! :) If you have the time later, you might want to introduce yourself to the rest of the bunch in the Hello Thread.

I had never heard of the Distant Realms before, but the setting sounds really interesting. I like that it has been used with both RuneQuest and D&D in the past and is now available for D&D 5th Ed. That cover image looks really great too.

Best of luck! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Saltwater1
Gnoll

Post by Saltwater1 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:12 pm

I saw this before, while I was browsing around on Kickstarter. I really like the idea, and I'll fund it when I actually get an account.
"Join me, my bushes! To war we go!" -A very resourceful wood elf druid

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:39 pm

Saltwater1 wrote:I saw this before, while I was browsing around on Kickstarter. I really like the idea, and I'll fund it when I actually get an account.
You may be interested in this update. It explains how you can get in on the Kickstarter, even though the campaign has ended. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... ts/1487086

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Stephanie McAlea wrote:My own fantasy world which I have been using with RuneQuest and D&D3.5 has now been made flesh in the shape of our latest Kickstarter. Distant Realms details a fantasy world called Atuannu with all of the main story arcs appearing on its continent of Leviathan. It is home to vagabond Elves, Cats (that can be played), a warrior race called the Mirim (8ft tall and with the skin of a shark and cold black eyes to match), and many human nations. These human nations were brought over via magical gates to Atuannu by the cats and elves and from an Earth about to drown in an ancient flood. Saved by these Leviathans, the humans began to breed the local denizens out and take control.

The gates still exist and while some of them lead to other planets and realms, a few lead back to modern day Earth. A few of those who wander the dark paths of Earth may find their way through one of these gates...

Please watch the video and read the details on our KS page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... -leviathan

We've only 10 hours to go so pledge while you can! While the book itself is systemless, a FREE PDF will be produced with the stats and character details for D&D5e, Pathfinder, Chivalry & Sorcery, and Legend.

I had a hunt around, but couldn't find anything like a Distant Realms website. Do you have your RuneQuest and 3.5 D&D content up anywhere? And if you do, will it be compatible with your new book? :)
Stephanie McAlea wrote:Thanks, Tim! I'm hoping we can get a few more pledges before it closes ☺
I saw on your Kickstarter page that you were trying to facilitate after sales:
Stephanie McAlea on Kickstarter wrote:Hi all you beautiful people!

I've been contacted by a few people who have asked if they could still get in on the Kickstarter since it closed. There are a few reasons for this, some didn't get paid in time, some found themselves with better priorities after Christmas (families etc), and some just plain forgot it was on or never saw it in the first place.

In response to this I have decided to open up a seperate fullfilment list via email (paid by Paypal).

If you missed out and want to join the Kickstarter then please send an email with your

-name
-email address
-Postal address
-Pledge Level

To: <email address removed to avoid spam-harvesting - please check above link>
With: AFTER SALES in the subject line.
I will reply with the paypal address to send the money to and also ask for any special details specific to your pledge level. The limited number of some of the pledge levels still stands.

Thanks again!

Stephanie x
What things from the Kickstarter are you still able to offer, or if it is easier - what ones have been closed down? (For example, are you still offereing the three "EMPEROR" and five "BEASTMASTER" slots, or is it just "DREAMER" level and below that is still open?)

You also mentioned the map in the comments:
Stygian Fox Publishing wrote:Its just for the KS levels, I'm afraid. Costing and shipping 1 map is one thing, costing, printing, and shipping many of them to places outside the UK is quite another as they come in a cardboard tube. :/

I will have the digital file uploaded to a dropbox that you can download for a very small fee. So you can take that file and get it printed locally when the map is done :)
It does seem that the industry is a bit better at facilitating Print on Demand books, than it is at facilitating Print on Demand maps at the moment. Do you think you might be able to get a Print on Demand map up later, so that people outside the UK can buy the map from you?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Stephanie McAlea
Kobold

Post by Stephanie McAlea » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi David,
We'll only be selling the digital file for the map from our page, I'm afraid. As it stands there are still pledges available for all levels but everything that ISN'T just the PDF will close in one month. So if you wanted a higher level such as Emperor or Beastmaster, you'd need to be quick.

Anyone who wants to POST-pledge can contact me at stephaniemcalea@outlook.com with 'AFTER SALES' in the subject line. I'll then send you the quote for the amount and you'll send it via paypal. Your items will then be released with the other backers.

Return to “The Wishing Well”