[Diablo] What is The Secret Cow Level?

Discuss published campaign worlds that do not have a specific forum here.

[Diablo] What is The Secret Cow Level?

Postby Big Mac » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:06 am

According to Havard's How many Diablo RPG proucts were published? topic, there is a RPG accessory called The Secret Cow Level.

That's a pretty weird name for a RPG product. It sounds a bit like a joke. What is this supposed to be?

EDIT: Adding in a links section.

THE SECRET COW LEVEL:
Last edited by Big Mac on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 22150
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: [Diablo] What is The Secret Cow Level?

Postby Sturm » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:31 am

There is a wiki about that: http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_Cow_Level
Never played it however.
User avatar
Sturm
Green Dragon
 
Posts: 3851
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: Genoa, Italy

Re: [Diablo] What is The Secret Cow Level?

Postby agathokles » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:46 am

Big Mac wrote:That's a pretty weird name for a RPG product. It sounds a bit like a joke. What is this supposed to be?


If you read the first few lines of the image posted on FB for this topic, it says "easter egg" ;-)

GP
agathokles
Red Dragon
 
Posts: 6664
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Re: [Diablo] What is The Secret Cow Level?

Postby Big Mac » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Sturm wrote:There is a wiki about that: http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_Cow_Level
Never played it however.


Thanks. That does sound a bit strange, but I guess it could be played seriously.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 22150
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: [Diablo] What is The Secret Cow Level?

Postby Big Mac » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:25 pm

agathokles wrote:
Big Mac wrote:That's a pretty weird name for a RPG product. It sounds a bit like a joke. What is this supposed to be?


If you read the first few lines of the image posted on FB for this topic, it says "easter egg" ;-)

GP


Oh this?:
Image

Thanks GP!
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 22150
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: [Diablo] What is The Secret Cow Level?

Postby Boneguard » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Sturm wrote:There is a wiki about that: http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_Cow_Level
Never played it however.


Thanks. That does sound a bit strange, but I guess it could be played seriously.


I don't remember exactly how, but I know Tim's pegleg was involved and Diablo had to be defeated, you could open a portal in the Rogue Camp to the Secret Cow Level and face the Dreaded Cowith King and his troops, it was a hilarious hack-n-slash level, but a fun no us with potentially sweet loot (the Cow King Leathers).
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
User avatar
Boneguard
Frost Giant
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 pm
Location: Gatineau (Quebec) Canada

Re: [Diablo] What is The Secret Cow Level?

Postby agathokles » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Big Mac wrote:Oh this?:


Indeed :mrgreen:

GP
agathokles
Red Dragon
 
Posts: 6664
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Re: [Diablo] What is The Secret Cow Level?

Postby Big Mac » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:13 am

Boneguard wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
Sturm wrote:There is a wiki about that: http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_Cow_Level
Never played it however.


Thanks. That does sound a bit strange, but I guess it could be played seriously.


I don't remember exactly how, but I know Tim's pegleg was involved and Diablo had to be defeated, you could open a portal in the Rogue Camp to the Secret Cow Level and face the Dreaded Cowith King and his troops, it was a hilarious hack-n-slash level, but a fun no us with potentially sweet loot (the Cow King Leathers).


I've never played the Diablo computer game. (I'm not one for computer games.) I might actually need to go watch a Lets Play video, or two, to work out what the vibe of this is (compared to the rest of the world).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 22150
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK

Re: [Diablo] What is The Secret Cow Level?

Postby Big Mac » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:23 pm

I just found The Secret Cow Level on the WotC website!

There is a preview, the encounter and a map.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
 
Posts: 22150
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: London UK


Return to Other Worlds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest