Salt in the Wounds anyone ?

Discuss published campaign worlds that do not have a specific forum here.
shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Salt in the Wounds anyone ?

Post by shesheyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:56 am

Probably the most original setting idea I've read in years :

« Everyone knows how the City of Salt in Wounds came about. But for those who have not visited in person, it is hard to conceive of the scale of the place. It is even harder for outsiders to understand how wholly the economic engine of butchering the bound Tarrasque has transformed the society of Salt in Wounds and reshaped the surrounding landscape. »

Read more :
http://www.saltinwoundssetting.com/2015 ... .html#more
Currently playing : Coriolis The Third Horizon • D&D5E • Want to try : BlueHolmes

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Re: Salt in the Wounds anyone ?

Post by ripvanwormer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:18 pm

Fascinating. The concept is kind of hilarious, but it looks very well done (like the Tarrasque meat everyone eats).

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:03 pm

ripvanwormer wrote:Fascinating. The concept is kind of hilarious, but it looks very well done (like the Tarrasque meat everyone eats).
My DM wants to start a campaign of SITW in the coming weeks. I'll have a first row seat.
Currently playing : Coriolis The Third Horizon • D&D5E • Want to try : BlueHolmes

Seethyr
Fire Giant

Post by Seethyr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Am I weird that I feel bad for the Tarrasque?
All Maztica Alive Netbooks Available in the Link:The Maztica Alive Campaign

Newest Book: TWC6 True World Bestiary II - Monsters A-H

Maztica Alive! Yahoo Group Join Us

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:10 pm

shesheyan wrote:Probably the most original setting idea I've read in years :

« Everyone knows how the City of Salt in Wounds came about. But for those who have not visited in person, it is hard to conceive of the scale of the place. It is even harder for outsiders to understand how wholly the economic engine of butchering the bound Tarrasque has transformed the society of Salt in Wounds and reshaped the surrounding landscape. »

Read more :
http://www.saltinwoundssetting.com/2015 ... .html#more
It looks like the person who owns that website (J.M. Perkins) used Patreon to fund creation of Salt in Wounds and then Kickstarter to turn it into a book for 5th Edition D&D and Pathfinder RPG.

The Kickstarter had a targert of $5,000, but brought in $57,707! That's an impressive amount of money for a campaign setting (and designer) that I don't recall hearing about before. :shock:
shesheyan wrote:
ripvanwormer wrote:Fascinating. The concept is kind of hilarious, but it looks very well done (like the Tarrasque meat everyone eats).
My DM wants to start a campaign of SITW in the coming weeks. I'll have a first row seat.
Let us know how it goes!
Seethyr wrote:Am I weird that I feel bad for the Tarrasque?
Alas poor Tarrasque, I knew him well. ;)

It doesn't feel right for people to be eating a monster alive. Kill the thing, get XP and loot it's body for parts to sell, but don't McDonaldise it! :P

There is supposed to be a Spelljammer world where the Tarrasque is not a unique monster. I guess that there would be multiple locations on that planet that were built around the bodies of dead Tarrasques.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

thorr-kan
Ogre

Post by thorr-kan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Can be done on a smaller scale. Forex, a hydra:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0326.html

:lol:

thorr-kan
Ogre

Post by thorr-kan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Return to “Other Worlds”