[MtG][Dominaria] Board the Weatherlight

"There are some who call me...Tim!" Discuss Magic: The Gathering campaign setting, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[MtG][Dominaria] Board the Weatherlight

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:21 am

The Weatherlight (a flying ship from Magic: the Gathering was recently the subject of an online story called: Return to Dominaria. Now Wizards of the Coast have authorised someone called Reuben Bresler (or @MoxReuby on Twitter) to run an official live Dungeons & Dragons adventure in the M:tG universe called Board the Weatherlight.

Here is the announcement that just got posted on Twitter:
Reuben Bresler @MoxReuby on Twitter wrote:#GPVegas presents: Board the Weatherlight A @Wizards_DnD /@wizards_magic crossover event June 17, 3-6pm After #SoMEDnD & #PTDOM this weekend, see what happens when #dnd and #mtg come together at Grand Prix Las Vegas! Visit https://www.grandprixvegas.com/ for more info! #dnd5e #mtgdom
So this is one small event that is happening inside a Magic: The Gathering convention called Grand Prix Vegas, in the Las Vegas Convention Center.

They are not live-streaming the event (so if you want to watch it live, you are going to have to pay to go into the M:tG convention) but he said it would be up on YouTube later. (I'll come back and edit a link into this post if/when it goes up.) He also said he is going to try to find a way to get the adventure online:
Reuben Bresler @MoxReuby on Twitter wrote:A few more details:

The event will be recorded and uploaded soon after its conclusion, but there will be no live stream.

I'm writing the adventure in such a way as to be able to be played by your own playgroup as a 1-shot! I'll find a way to get it out there after.
Sooo. It's possible that Wizards of the Coast will put a Magic: the Gathering D&D adventure set on the Weatherlight, up on the DMs Guild website.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

willpell
Black Dragon

Re: [MtG][Dominaria] Board the Weatherlight

Post by willpell » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:10 pm

I'm vaguely curious, but MTG is pretty much dead to me at this point. I doubt that they're going to have homebrewed up D&D stats for enough of the unique Magic creatures, items and so forth, to make this anything but an insulting joke by my standards.

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”