[Alternity] How many settings?

Discuss published campaign worlds that do not have a specific forum here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
Posts: 18604
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Gender: male
Location: Norway
Contact:

[Alternity] How many settings?

Post by Havard » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Alternity RPG (TSR / WotC )
  • Dark*Matter - Discuss here (This setting was later reused for d20 Modern)
  • Star*Drive (This setting was later reused for d20 Modern)
  • Gamma World
  • Tangents - Discuss here
  • Blizzard's StarCraft - Discuss here.

Alternity RPG (Sasquatch Game Studios)
Sasquatch Games ran a successful Kickstarter for a new version of Alternity in 2017. They plan on releasing multiple settings for the new RPG.

Are these all the settings that are/have been available for the Alternity RPG or were there others as well?

-Havard



See also: Amazing Engine, TSR's "Modern" Pre D20 RPGs, D20 Modern Campaign Settings, Alternity RPG Settings
Last edited by Havard on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
Posts: 8563
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Contact:

Re: [Alternity] How many settings?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Gamma World was done for Alternity too.

User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
Posts: 18604
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Gender: male
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: [Alternity] How many settings?

Post by Havard » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:13 pm
Gamma World was done for Alternity too.
Ah yes, I was just checking to get that confirmed. Thanks! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
Posts: 8563
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Contact:

Re: [Alternity] How many settings?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Happy to help.

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 23734
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: [Alternity] How many settings?

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:02 pm

I saw this mentioned on the Alternity page on Facebok: Tangents (Alternity Sci-Fi Roleplaying)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
Posts: 8563
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Contact:

Re: [Alternity] How many settings?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:02 pm
I saw this mentioned on the Alternity page on Facebok: Tangents (Alternity Sci-Fi Roleplaying)
It's not a setting book, but rather a campaign toolkit. It was released at the time when the tv show Sliders was pretty big and capitalizes on the concept of exploring alternate/parallel dimensions, providing means of doing so with specified F/X powers (Psionics) or vehicles. It includes a lot of options for creating alternate worlds too, which makes it a great sourcebook for any role-player looking for options in world-building.

User avatar
RobJN
Dire Flumph
Posts: 3866
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Gender: male
Location: Texas, USA
Contact:

Re: [Alternity] How many settings?

Post by RobJN » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Alternity 2017's second setting is tentatively named "Dark Nebula"
Kickstarter wrote:DARK NEBULA : For hundreds of millennia the great civilization known as the Ascendancy has reigned over the galaxy, but like all mortal works, it has grown old and decrepit. In this age of decadence and decay, the warlords of a thousand exotic worlds pursue their petty intrigues and vendettas surrounded by wonders they no longer know how to build or maintain. The desperate search is on for lost knowledge and ancient superweapons as the Ascendancy prepares for the first war in a thousand centuries. Yet this is not the greatest threat facing civilization, for a dark force has returned to the galaxy, enemy to all life. One by one, the stars are going out.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

User avatar
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon
Posts: 8563
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 am
Contact:

Re: [Alternity] How many settings?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:38 pm

RobJN wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:10 pm
Alternity 2017's second setting is tentatively named "Dark Nebula"
Kickstarter wrote:DARK NEBULA : For hundreds of millennia the great civilization known as the Ascendancy has reigned over the galaxy, but like all mortal works, it has grown old and decrepit. In this age of decadence and decay, the warlords of a thousand exotic worlds pursue their petty intrigues and vendettas surrounded by wonders they no longer know how to build or maintain. The desperate search is on for lost knowledge and ancient superweapons as the Ascendancy prepares for the first war in a thousand centuries. Yet this is not the greatest threat facing civilization, for a dark force has returned to the galaxy, enemy to all life. One by one, the stars are going out.
:cool: Ooh...me likey!

Post Reply

Return to “Other Worlds”